MWC Analysis Report: Weeks 1-4 | S7

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, May 11, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

MWC ANALYSIS REPORT: WEEKS 1-4

While starts to a season don't always make or break a annual campaign, a team's start can foreshadow a lot about a teams upcoming season. This thread will review the first four weeks of the season, while pinpointing some of the the suprises, facts, & storylines that occured during the first quarter of the season.

1. MWC STANDINGS

[​IMG]

Not a lot of major suprises in the rankings with the Falcons & Rams near the top of the bunch. San Diego State has done a really nice job to crank out a 4-0 start. CPU games have never been coach Oshio's problem, but conference play has produced some mixed results. Utah is off to one of their better starts, and did a very nice job of getting the Cowboy monkey off their back even after losing their starting QB for the season. UNLV was shocked by Miami (OH!) early on, and then lost a close one to a ranked Washington squad. UNLV has rebounded, but losses like the Miami(OH) game are the types of losses that have derailed their record in season's past. Wyoming has had some tough challenges having to face top 10 Texas and a very talented Seminole team, both ending up in blowouts. BYU started hot as usual, but the blowout suffered against Air Force was dissapointing as the Cougars are known for playing the Falcons tough. CSU's defense was embarrassed by VT, but the switch to the 3-4 looks to have gotten them right back on schedule. Lobos must beat the Cajun this week to keep bowl hopes alive. TCU needs to step it up!

2. IrishBearcat

2. Three Key Games that have shaped the Conference:

- Week 3: COLORADO STATE 17 | #2 PENN STATE 0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ANALYSIS: With Colorado State facing a 1-2 start after finishing in the top 10 the previous season, the Rams responded after a blowout loss to the Hokies by shutting out the Nittany Lions on turf. PSU was well-respected with the #2 ranking, and the win vaulted the Rams from beyond the top 30 into the #21 spot in the nation. The victory is key because it has helped CSU's BCS shot chances stay alive.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Week 4: UTAH 52 | WYOMING 35
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    ANALYSIS: Coach DMan's controversial deperature from Wyoming and hiring to lead the Utah Utes caught they attention of many around the MWC. The hire was called a head-scratcher by many, especially with Wyoming's Coach Cougar giving the Utes fits. Coach DMan was finally able to break through and hand Wyoming an early conference loss, which is key considering their ability to sneak into the conference race near the end of the season the past two years. The Utes sit pretty at 3-1, even with the starting QB out for the season.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Week 4: AIR FORCE 34 | BRINGHAM YOUNG 13
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ANALYSIS: One of the more interesting and intense rivalries in the MWC. Coach Noffke and Coach Fuzzy possess a rivalry that centers around hate of the opposition, and each Coach only wants to win big. We've seen BYU pull off a shocker a few seasons ago, but Air Force responded next season. In 2016 BYU suffered from early turnovers and lack of offense as the Falcons flexed their muscles to down the Cougars and improve to 2-0 in the conference.

3. IrishBearcat

3. MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE STAR POWER

TOP THREE MWC OFFENSIVE PLAYERS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    1. AF HB JUSTIN BARRETT (51 car, 589 yds, 8 TDs)
    2. SDSU QB AARON ANDREWS (54/93, 1266 yds, 14 TD, 1 INT)
    3. UTAH WR CHRIS BREWER (15 rec, 446 yards, 5 TDs)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

TOP THREE MWC DEFENSIVE PLAYERS
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    1. UTAH CB MAURICE SHERMAN (24 tackles, 3 FF, 2 INT)
    2. SDSU SS STEWARD VAUGHN (33 tackles, 7 tackles for loss)
    3. UNLV MLB ADAM SMITH (1 FF, 1 INT, 1 sack, 5 tackles for loss, 20 tackles)​

--

4. IrishBearcat

4. MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE TOP 5 COMMITTMENTS

1. :5stars: BRYAN MCDONALD QB AIR FORCE

2. :4stars:AIR FORCE WR VICTOR NOVAK

3. :4stars:UNLV ATH JACOB WASHINGTON

4. :4stars:WYOMING HB SEAN HAMILTON

5. :4stars:AIR FORCE G MARVIN BLANCO

5. IrishBearcat

Finished! What do you fellas think?

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Loving the love shown for Jacob Washington and Adam Smith. He got another sack this game too.

7. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Very very nice write up!

8. IrishBearcat

They're is a like button too! Man you better let cookie monster run wild on the Ragin Cajun!

9. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Yea I'm gonna have some fun!

10. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

You missed that 5 star QB that I signed who is the #2 QB in the Nation. I see you are going after the #1 QB. Both look like they will be great QBs.

11. IrishBearcat

Fixed! My bad man, was using easportsworld and didn't think anyone signed any 5 stars yet :p

12. DMan22

DMan22 Walk On

Very, very nice!

13. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

So I had a little free time and I was bored, so I went into practice mode trying some things out and then I decided to see who could throw the ball the longest out of my two QBs. I was impressed with what I saw. QB Smith could throw the ball about 60 yards. However, QB Berry launched the ball from the 30 yard line and hit the WR who was 2 yards into the endzone (72 yards). I didn't realize Berry had such an arm on him.

14. IrishBearcat

If you people would just hit the "like" button more I'd do more of this shit! :)

You can find a lot out about your players in practice mode. Berry should be a solid QB when you actually stop pretending not to run the option and run a more traditional offense. :p

15. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

So whats it like having a good team (sits indian style on the floor)? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

let me know when u want to play our game. i will be home tonight after 930pm est...

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I too would like to know this "good team" concept.

18. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Haha!! I have ran a total of 8 option plays all season. It keeps people on their toes.