MWC Coaches Spotlight S6: Volume 2

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by BakerWildcat7, Apr 25, 2011.

1. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Welcome to this weeks edition of the Mountain West Coaches Spotlight! This week we sit down with Coach Oshio of the San Diego State Aztecs. SDSU is currently 5-3 on the year and look to be a serious contender for the championship crown.

"1) Your team has the number 4 ranked offense in the nation, who is the catalyst for such a productive air attack?"

-Oshi-ball tries to base itself out of a pro style offenseive gameplan with a good combination of undercenter snaps to go with shotgun. This year I feel I have the best offensive line I have been able to put together for the past few years which has allowed Andrews to scan the field more and find the open man. Unfortunately the running game has not been too much of a threat and the offense is more productive in a split shotgun formation to confuse the defense and find the mismatches. We don't have that one or two guys in the receiving group that standout, which have allowed us to lineup and rotate 5 or 6 guys at all the WR positions. Everyone has formations that splits them wide and others that allow them to attack from the slot. The balance in the offense allows everyone to contribute and allows each one to be a threat to the defense and makes the offense hard to defend.

2) Your team is currently in the thick of the hunt for the MWC crown, what things will your Aztecs have to do to seperate themselves from the rest of the pack?

-It used to be that there were only about three teams that even had a shot at the conference title. Now I feel that pretty much any team can win any game, which allows every one of the teams in the conference to compete for the title. With Wyoming's difficult schedule to end the year, their 4-0 conference start is very misleading. Everyone else has multiple losses at the moment. WIth wins over Air Force and BYU, I thought I was in a great position this year but after losing to UNLV and Utah I started to get worried again. I just have to get my offense rolling early and hope to play with the lead. I don't feel like I am a team that can run the ball consistently and run the clock and I'm definitely not a team who can stop the run which allows others to run out the game when they have the lead. I'm feeling good at the moment.

3) If you could describe your program in a sentence, what would it be.

I've never been good with being put on the spot. I wish I could reference Cali Swag but with teams like Cal, USC, UCLA, and even Stanford and Fresno, I'm still low on the list. My team is resilient. I don't let the past eat at me. Once a game is finished, we walk away and come back the next day with a new mindset and prepare as if we are always the favorite every game.

2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Oshi-ball = 3 TE sets, right?

3. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I still have no clue how I beat him! We gave up 448 yards in the air lol....

4. IrishBearcat

He probably had WRs playing defense.

On a serious note, anyone can beat anyone!

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

He's right. I will be FUCKING lucky if I can put up more than 10 points on Air Force this season.

6. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I mean that's how many he threw for against me....

7. IrishBearcat

But oshio always runs for like -100 yards a game, so his 400+ passing isn't that impressive :cool:

8. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Lol I see ur point

9. IrishBearcat

Im poking fun at my pal Rainbow Oshi, don't get confused, your win was definitely very impressive. As I said, next season you need to get to a bowl (OOC games = must wins!). I think you're moving the team in the right direction.

10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I feel like I should read this entire thread but i skipped it all. and its not even many words

11. IrishBearcat

Don't worry none of it is important :)

12. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Let's hope that direction is up lol....