MWC Preview: Top 5 Players of the MWC

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by _MG_, Jul 1, 2013.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Before teams are released, I figured I would give a quick recap of the top 5 players in the Mountain West Conference for those (like myself before earlier this week) that are unfamiliar with some of the teams. I hope you enjoy the read...

TOP 5 PLAYERS OF THE MWC

1. Derek Carr QB Fresno Sate
    [​IMG]
    This guy is the premier player at the premier position in this conference. Carr was the 2012 Mountain West Offensive Player of the Year, and with good reason. He finished the season throwing for a Mountain West record 4,104 yards and hit on 37 touchdowns to only 7 interceptions. Crazy stats, I expect Carr to be a name in the Heisman Race Year 1.​
    Check out some of Carr's nasty highlights in the video above.​
    2. Adam Muema RB San Diego State
    [​IMG]
    Muema is more than likely the top running back in the Mountain West, with Lobo Kasey Carrier right behind him. Muema ran for 1,458 yards and 16 touchdowns last season. This guy is a hard nose runner who knows how to make people miss tackles. I expect whoever lands San Diego State to have Muema near the top of the leader boards as far as rushing yards. Impressive player.​
    Check out some of Muema's highlights from last season in the video above.​
    3. David Fales QB San Jose State
    [​IMG]
    If David Fales went to a bigger school he would be a household name by now. He tossed the pigskin for 4193 yards and 33 touchdowns last season, and limiting himself to only 9 interceptions. This guy is a very talented QB who, despite not the best arm strength, fits balls in very tight spots. I look forward to seeing how Fales will do season 1, this guy has NFL-level talent and could potentially do well at the next level. San Jose State is an exciting team.​
    Check out some of Fales's highlights from last season in the video above.​
    4. Cody Fajardo QB Nevada
    [​IMG]
    The first real dual-threat QB on this list, Fajardo can beat you with his arm and his legs. A lot of comparisons have been made between Fajardo and former Nevada Wolf Pack standout and NFL Star Colin Kaepernick. I wouldn't go that far with Fajardo yet, but this kid can flat out play. He finished last season with 2,768 passing yards and 20 touchdowns, and ran for another 1,121 yards and scored 12 touchdowns with his feet. 32 touchdowns and 3,889 total yards of offense with his arm and his leg. POWERFUL.​
    Check out Cody and the Wolfpack engineer a game-winning drive at Cal last season in the video above.​
    5. Kasey Carrier RB New Mexico
    [​IMG]
    Kasey Carrier might be the lone bright spot on this Lobo team heading into 2013, but BOY, what a bright spot that is. Karrier broke all kinds of records in 2012, including running for 338 yards and 3 touchdowns last year at Air Force. Carrier finished the 2012 season with 1469 yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground. He is a speedster who can also break a tackle when he has to. Look for this guy to be the key to the Lobo's offense in the 2013 campaign.​
    Check out highlights of Carrier's record-setting game vs Air Force in the video above.​

For reference, this is how my top 10 winds out . . .

HONORABLE MENTIONS (REST OF MY TOP 10)

6. Demarcus Lawrence DE Boise State

7. Chuckie Keeton QB Utah State

8. Devonte Adams WR Fresno State

9. Jay Ajayi RB Boise State

10. Noel Grigsby WR San Jose State

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 6
  2. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Great work MG

3. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Nice stuff. I think this will be one of the benefits of having everyone in the same conference. There will be opportunities for detailed breakdowns of the MWC and the players in it.