MWC Title Game

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Wyrmreaver, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

It's become an annual affair. For the third straight season coach Nate Glory will fly his boys out to Hawaii to take on Coach Utah and his Warriors for the MWC title. Hawaii is looking for it's 4th straight conference title and third straight national title appearance while the Lobos are looking to take back the conference title after winning it the season before coach Utah's arrival in Honolulu. There are 13 UNM players who, as fifth year seniors, were a part of that last title run in some way or another. The question is can the desire to get back by those players coupled with the frustration of seeing the Warriors take home the crown at the Lobos expense the last couple seasons translate to success on the field?​
    This game is coming soon so stay tuned for game previews and comments from the coaches involved and maybe even coaches from around the country.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Questions for Coach Glory leading up to the MWC title game........
    ChuckDzzNutz

Coach, the Lobos have come up short against the Warriors since coach Utah took over, what's the gameplan to put an end to that?

Who are your key players in this matchup other than Bo Woods?

What's the mood around the locker room, what are the Seniors saying to the younger players about this game?

What about Hawaii's team this season is keeping your coaching staff up at night?

What's your plan to get ready for the game once you land in Honolulu?

A lot of speculation about the future of a certain coach in the sunshine state..... you keeping an eye on that situation?

3. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Coach, the Lobos have come up short against the Warriors since coach Utah took over, what's the gameplan to put an end to that?

We are going to go out there and punch them in the mouth. If they get up, we are going to punch them in it again and see how they respond.

Who are your key players in this matchup other than Bo Woods?

Well I think everybody knows the defense starts and stops with MLB Jordan Cantrell. Losing him after this year will probably affect the team more than losing Bo. We've got Darron to step in for Bo. We don't have anybody that can filll the shoes of Jordan. Obviously Mike Sullivan's coming along behind center. He's young, but these are the kinds of games that make you grow up fast. He got banged up last week against the Mean Green, but we expect him to be close to 100% by the time we head out to the islands.

What's the mood around the locker room, what are the Seniors saying to the younger players about this game?

Ha, I don't think I can repeat what the players are saying about those grass skirted girls in green. They're ready to go, but they have that proverbial hump they've got to get over.

What about Hawaii's team this season is keeping your coaching staff up at night?

Their Quarterback taking off on 3rd and 11 before he even finishes his drop back has kept me up every night for about three weeks now. Other than that, we just play our game. We don't scout their team. We don't watch game tape. We don't try to create mismatches here or there. We just go out there, lineup and play.

What's your plan to get ready for the game once you land in Honolulu?

My plan? The Mini-bar. As far as the guys, they know this isn't a vacation. They've been here, done that. We've seen the sites, done the tours. This year it's all business.

A lot of speculation about the future of a certain coach in the sunshine state..... you keeping an eye on that situation?

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking at the situation but it would be tough to leave here. I don't think I've made it any secret that this might be my last year coaching for now. I might be in line for a sabbatical.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  4. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

I tried to find something clever to post regarding the mental gamesmanship going on here but all I could find was a youtube clip for "Head Games" by foreigner. I figured this would be better..

5. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Definitely want to see some more shots of Woods in this game!