My 2 star surprise....

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Feb 16, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

My 2 star surprise....

2 seasons ago late in the season I was scouring the recruiting DB for a DE. After some time I found a 2 star DE with decent speed and good pursuit. his Name is Aaron Harrington 6'5 and 250lbs.

I redshirted him last year and this year due to my lack of recruiting quality DEs, the RS freshman is making the start for a top 5 team. He is only 77 OVR but has 83 speed and 87 pursuit along with some other decent ratings but you would think Aaron would be a weak link in the chain of the defense.

Well through 3 games he has 22 tackles (2nd on team), 9 TFL (1st on team) and 4 sacks (1st of team). I do not control DEs for the most part, maybe 3-5 plays a game. Therefore he is doing this all by himself.

I am simply amazed at the play of this kid. This is after 2 cpu games and 1 user game. I am wondering what his stats will be by year end.

Please add to this with your stories of surprise 1-2 star hidden gems!

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I guess it's time to come up with a nickname?

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

LOL........yes you are right!!

I never got one for Ellis...damn! Right now all I got is "BB" for Bruce Burton.

hmmm
    [​IMG]

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Guess I should answer your question. I've come up with a lot of gems but rarely have they contributed until this year. they just equated to depth. Now I have both Louis Lee and Willie Hall at MLB who are a 3star and 2star respectively, Lee is 94 OVR 87 spd and the 2-star, Hall is 95 OVR 83 spd, both as seniors.

Starter at FS is 87 OVR, 93 SPD 2-star strong safety recruit Soph. Joe Forte who was moved over to FS and actually got better during the switch (other than AWR dropping) and hits like a ton of bricks.

WR Michael Outlaw was a 3-star that nobody wanted, very solid player.

My starting fullback is a 1-star recruit that Rusty found for me. I was about to go scout for one but I told Rusty to go find me a FB that I could get. He tells me about this guy. He is a FS Freshman this year 73 OVR, 86 SPD, 75 STR, 6'0" 235 with good hands, carrying ability, etc. Solid blocker too. I think he will improve a lot, love his speed.

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I have had a few but the most bestest just graduated last season.

Leroy Tucker TE was a flat out weapon for me for four seasons after a redshirt.

Jerome Alfred MLB was another four year starter after a redshirt.

They were both three star players as is my current RB Tyler Adams.

Fred Alexander QB and Brian Simpson QB were both 3 star guys, who went pro early.

The best one I have ever found was DE Leigh and he was a DE that was behind Sykes, Jenkins and Carter his entire career.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

An Update on Aaron "Dirty" Harrington after 8 games (3 user)

After a career day vs Wake Forest
    49 tackles
    21 TFL
    13 Sacks
    1 Forced Fumble
    1 Safety

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

WTF nickname stealer.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

UNC is gonna land a 2-star SS that is gonna be lights out....

10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Shhhhhh :)

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

There aren't any users on him besides you, even in his Top 10, ... U just have to not screw it up. :)

12. Blaza

Hahah. Yeah I think he will be a good player. I have plenty of talent at the position though so I'll probably look at moving him around--maybe corner--maybe see what he looks like on offense. I'm always able to recruit some gems defensively but my offense continues to be bleh. :(

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah he'll make a sweet corner or FS. Don't change his position until after the first year....

14. Blaza

Why, what does that do? I'm guessing its just to see what attributes naturally progress for him?

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It just seems that if you move him there right away... he takes a huge AWR hit then gets no improvement that offseason (of course as a new recruit..) then during the NEXT offseason gets a very minor AWR boost just like most players get during improvement.

If you redshirt him (or not!... play him at CB as a SS...) then move him to CB... he takes a huge AWR hit but then has a HUGE awr increase in training as a reaction to the position change. This is what I did with Joe Forte, and it worked really well.... with the move to FS. If i didn't have so many corners, he would have been a CB.

Basically i think with Forte after redshirting... I moved him, his AWR dropped from mid 70's to mid 60's... then in improvement his AWR jumped by like +7 or +8 so he still has good AWR which most position changes won't have if you do it right away.

16. Blaza

Damn you and your trial-and-error prowess! I probably never would've paid attention to something like that.

Thanks for the tip brotha.

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Finally I got something good out of a topic that JMS started! Thanks Helli.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL! Well that's not like... guaranteed info it's just "what I think"

19. jfosh

jfosh Super

Some players dont take as big of awareness hits as others. I think it depends more on the player than the order that you move them or redshirt them.

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If I can get off work at a decent time today I'm going to waste some time tonight looking at this... :D