My 2010 Impressions

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Jul 13, 2009.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

My 2010 Impressions

QB Play is different, you really have to focus on staying in the pocket to start a play, those quick rollout players could be in for a long year.......

Bad throws happen........ learn to deal with it.... i am.......

Dropped passes, especially for average to below average players.... ugh...

D-Lineman are gonna get their hands on about 2 or 3 passes a game, some will come when you receiver is wide open......

your WR will run a crisp route if he isnt jammed, if he is jammed its Murphy's Law, a 3 yard route could be 7 yards before he gets into it, which seems realistic.... the hand to hand combat between the WR/CB is actually pretty cool....

O-lineman dont pancake everyone, but they seem to do there jobs well most of hte time.... the running blocking and running game in general is awesome....

As believe someone else stated the big back is BACK.... you can really pound the ball if you have the patience.....the speed guys can be effective but not nearly as effective as last year........

Defense

Deep pass are still somewhat effectively but not nearly as effectively as last year......

Linebackers seem to react to play quickly and take great angles... those outside runs that used to get you 10-12 yards now get you 5 maybe 7 sometimes less depending on the speed of the defense.....

man to man defense actually works...... you can run man and not be fried....
    secondary players actually react to the ball....

the hits on WR's in the open field are tremendously.....

and yes the D-line doees get pressure on the offense...

i have onnly played on AA 3 times.... most of my games have been on Heisman......

Dynasty notes.......
    The recruiting is nuts...... i started 5 dynasties to get a gauge of the recruits and overall ratings of guys coming in.... top speed i have seen 4.30.... most guys fall righ tinto the 4.34 range and they are top end.... thats a 91 92 rating..... top rated player i have seen a QB came in rated a 83 overall.....

more info coming soon...

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

That's good stuff JR. Thanks for taking the time share.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Nice work JR. You have officially almost convinced me to take off work tomorrow, LOL.

4. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I figured you would have already planned a funeral for tomorrow or a Swine Flu epidemic for tomorrow. I know i am taking a vacation day tomorrow to enjoy it like everybody that got the game early.

Any thoughts on recruiting this year, since it seems like recruiting could be as easy if not easier than last year?

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I actually think recruiting will be tougher. Or at least that is what the guys think that already have the game.

I know I have my work cut out for me with A&M. Not sure what the new rosters will look like, but I can imagine I'm still screwed.

6. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

I can't wait until tomorrow and I'm also taking tomorrow off. HeHeHe!!!!

7. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I hope it is tougher, I am just going off of Helli's write up over at OS. Maybe it will be tougher in an OD instead of just being done as a offline dynasty.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/333710-anatomy-recruiting-class.html

8. JrRawlins

there is no way recruitin will be easy in a online dynasty... you can recruit specifically against other schools not to mention most of us are in the same region....

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I just read Helli's article.

It seems that we might have to crack down on it. We will give the first season a free run and if we start seeing classes similar to Illinois or Wisconsin in '09, we will tune it down.

10. JrRawlins

i wouldnt worry about it too much Drifter.... first he is using Georgia, which is quite simply a hotbed for pullin in talent..... second he is not recruit against anyone else....third his assupmtions are based off of one recruiting class and offseason with a top 3 program in the game... of course recruiting is easy....

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, I'm keeping those in mind. Unfortunately, he only won 9 games (including the bowl game) and still had a stellar class.

Like I said, we'll monitor it and go from there. I think that is the best way to approach it.

12. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

The only good thing about being laid off is not working on NCAA release day. :)

13. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Stay away from my recruits JR haha

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I say we all recruit against Lawdog and see how good that game genie really is.

15. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

The USC stranglehold on CA is finished, long live the Bruins.

I think I may have to get the game tonight, I was going to wait until tomorrow.

16. JrRawlins

Flo, i almost feel bad for you.... as Lawdog will heist every prized recruit you look at...laugh then turn and kill you dreams of a Pac-10 title with that same prized recruit.......(y)