My almost game vs. Merks (Redskins)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

My almost game vs. Merks (Redskins)

Okay....I got disconnected up by 3 with 5 minutes plus to play. That isn't the crappy part. Tanard Jackson set a record for picks in our game with 4. That isn't the crappy part.

That was the absolute LEAST fun I've had playing Madden. And I was winning.

I've had more fun getting my ass handed to me by Dunlap, Gaddy, and everyone else in this league. This guy...

First off, he runs Brandon Jacobs outside 95% of the time. That is total horse....manure. Even on play DESIGNED inside (I know what they look like), he takes it outside.

Second, he runs the same damn pass play every time. If he runs 4 WRs, just highlight Houshmanzadeh, run a cover 2/3 setup, and you'll get a pick almost every time. I know - Jackson had 4, Jermaine Phillips had 2, and someone else had 1....

Thirdly, what the HELL about the damn hit stick? He used it EVERY time. I had 4 fumbles in this game. That is more than what I had last SEASON. And McFadden's carry rating is high 80s. Ridiculous.

I am rescheduled to play the guy, but this is atrocious. I had the guy by the throat, then he runs a kickoff back, then gets his FOURTH fumble using the damn hit stick...I know to hold R2 to protect ball too. And I was the last FIVE or SIX times he clocked me with hit stick.

I don't normally try to rant about owners. Most of the guys I have played (I guess I just lucked out) are pretty sim guys, for the most part. No big complaints. But this guy was awful. Period.

In fairness, I didn't say anything to him about hit stick usage (no rules for it), but I saw more hit stick in this game than I have in all my other games combined. And I am NOT exaggerating.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am all for booting this guy too. The chiefs and Redskins are not OMFL material. They HAVE to go imo.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

And I want to say that I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I really do. And I try not to gripe about stuff since I'm not really good enough as a player to gripe about how other players play (that is how I feel, true or not).

But when I know what play is coming on offense, and (not to toot my own horn) am one of the better defensive coaches in this league, this is a cake walk. This game should have been over at halftime if not for 4 first half fumbles (3 by McFadden, 1 by Royal on opening kickoff). He was legit on the kickoff return, but I do notice he is ALWAYS looking to go outside. On the kickoff I just overplayed the outside and he made a good cut.

But Brandon daggum Jacobs? Man, you KNOW what I could do with a trucking back like that? I drool just thinking about it. And running him outside just broke my heart every time. Sadly, his best runs were the few times he took it INSIDE. He consistently got 7 yards inside and was blowing me up, but outside I got him for 1-2 yards at most on all but 1 play (broke for 17 yards or so I think). I know for a fact there were 3 or 4 calls of the HB Power O in the I formation (a run designed to go inside but still look like a stretch play, the hole is usually there between RG and RT), and he ALWAYS went outside of the blocking with it.

If I had been better offensively I would have been up by 30. I was up 21-7 and in complete control until a kickoff return late third quarter turned it around, along with a fumble....yeah....I'm pretty upset still almost 30 minutes after game disconnected me.

4. natedawg212000

ya. i played 2 - 30min sessions today with the rams, both got DC'ed.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm honestly glad I got disconnected, Nate. Cause I will promise you this: had I lost to that guy, I would have quit and not come back.

I get mad when I lose. I accept that. And I usually simmer down after yelling a bit (some of you have heard me rant, especially when I had the Chiefs). The reason I usually do is because I am losing to an owner who is playing, for the most part, sim style football. And at the end of the day, while angry I lost, I would try to scrim to get better knowing that the next guy would be just as sim.

If I had lost to this guy, this cheese player, it would have been it. I refuse to be penalized and cost victories because the other player will try to exploit every AI weakness.

And, to be fair, I was calling zone about 60% of the time. I threw in man just to let him get some yards. Had I stayed in cover 3 the entire time, or cover 2....Yeah....

I wanted to throw that last bit in to say that I was varying my playcalling, throwing blitzes with cover 2 and 3 behind it, cover 1 with blitzers, and even calling some plays I NEVER had to call before...LB Contain out of the 4-3 anyone? Anybody???

6. natedawg212000

well let me get on you just a lilt bit please, you can't be that way. You are core here, and if you have a bad experience then you come to me and let me and you and the board take care of it. You are way worth more than him, and if you left you'd regret it. I need you to be sturdy here and if you get someone like him then we take care of him as a group and not just quit because of him.

7. natedawg212000

well let me get on you just a lilt bit please, you can't be that way. You are core here, and if you have a bad experience then you come to me and let me and you and the board take care of it. You are way worth more than him, and if you left you'd regret it. I need you to be sturdy here and if you get someone like him then we take care of him as a group and not just quit because of him.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah, I know. I just hope we can do a better job at making sure these guys don't get in to begin with.

9. natedawg212000

well no matter what we do they will get in, we just have to stop them from staying.

10. natedawg212000

I am relieving merks of his ownership in the OMFL.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

This is bad. I agree with the booting. The only thing I don't agree with Win about is the hit stick thing. That is pretty sim....you can go for a big hit but sometimes look silly. Nothing wrong with that IMO.