My bad OM.....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by jkhaalis991, Oct 23, 2009.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

test

After reading the rules for the league:

DEFENSE

D.1 – Moving Players before snap: On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, if you move a individual defensive player before the snap you must control that player at the snap of the ball. This includes moving a player to cover an assignment. Constantly spreading or pinching your DL or LBs falls under the rules for mixing up your playcalling.

I'm guessing this means you can manually move DE wide as long as you control him. Drifter can you confirm this.

Anyway OM, this wasn't reason I lost. I told you it wasn't allowed & you stop doing it.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You can manually control any player as long as you don't move anyone else. If you move a player, you must control him until after the snap. You must also mix it up.

You can control the DE as long as you move him realistically. Setting up waaay outside the OT or TE is not allowed. You must also keep the movement realistic, taking the quickest route to the QB.

Any attempt to confuse the blocking AI is not allowed.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Drift, one thing I've been wondering. Sometimes my D will break the huddle with the wrong guy selected, and in an effort to get to the LB that I am going to use, sometimes the outside cornerback will get "stuck" in the middle of the field. For some reason they don't always keep walking/jogging out to their assignment. I would assume that we could move him out to his normal assignment, but would we then have to control the corner?

Kind of sucks when you are in Man Cover 1 and your corner stays where the huddle broke. You try to move him out on his assignment and get back to the linebacker, but your douche bag opponent thinks they are being sly and snaps it while you are trying to get back to the middle.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

That happens to me quite a bit. I'm beginning to think it happens because my stick gets slightly stuck in one direction or another. At any rate, audible--> original play will usually fix it.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Honestly, if I'm playing someone and one of their guys gets out of place or lines up wrong, I don't mind them nudging him around a bit. I've had the guy get stuck on me too as I'm sure a lot of people have, so I don't think it's a big deal. Heck, even if you move more than one guy on one or two plays, I'm not going to say much. Of course, this is all assuming that you aren't trying to wiggle guys into AI holes.

As long as you don't move someone out of position and/or try to switch to another guy before the snap, all should be fair.

6. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

JK, I certainly didn't want to be breaking any rules, and based on Drifter's response it looks like I may be close to the line, so I will certainly make sure I don't do anything that appears to close to cheating.

I would move my DE two steps to the outside his normal spot, and it was to use his speed to get around the OT. JK is right, once he brought it to my attention, I played it safe and just didn't do it again. I went back watched the entire first quarter when I was on defense, and it affected one play, when I caused a pick and I eventually got 3 points as a result.

As for the issue about breaking the huddle and sometimes a CB may get stuck in the middle of the field, I manually move the corner to get to the right spot and then go find the player Im going to play with and move accordingly.

The rules were meant to preclude cheating, not correct errors of the CPU.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

the CB getting stuck is a easy fix as all you have to do is audible with the reset play. I believe X then LT....

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Cool man, consider it noted. The schools south of Georgia are a bit slow.

As far as moving the end two steps outside the tackle to take advantage of the end's speed, that is kind of bullshit IMO.

9. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Agreed, this is in no way targeting OM, because this is a pretty common tactic on D in 10, but some of the most unrealistic #'s I have seen have been coming from D-ends.