My Braves Franchise

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Apr 3, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

So, I do one every year. I usually get about two years in with simming about half of the games. This year, I am using a diffrent approach. I will play two, sim one all season long. Thinking that will be a little more fun.....

Anywho, I use America's Team, the Atlanta Braves. I downloaded some rosters on Sunday, they said OS...I am thinking they may of been an initial release, but they are pretty darn good, and I never get far enough for the low minors to really matter anyway.

I play on All star I think. I will recap the games as I go, follow along. Dont be a Mets fan. O and Weave, Sid Bream....

(if anyone else does one, I will follow that shit, post it.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

3 Game opening Series vs the Mets.

Game 1. Hanson vs Santana. Chipper finds a belt high changeup, and sends it deep on his first swing of the season for a two run homer. Two batters later, Dan Uggla sends one to opposite field. I am up three nothing. This game is easy. Two batters later, rookie SS Tyler Pastronicky hits a homer in his first major league at bat. I am amazing at this game. Then, comes pulse pitching. In a matter of moments, we are all tied up 4-4. Hanson walks everyone in sight, then gives up a few doubles. I change it back to meter pitching.... My amazing home run prowess ends...i get shutout the rest of the game. Lose 5-4

Game 2. Dickey vs Jurjens. Holy freaking knuckleball. RA Dickey has a freaking no hitter going throw 8 and 1/3 innings. The good news is that Jair Jurjens is pitching a shutout, wiggling out of danger a few times. With a 3-2 count, 1 out in the 9th, Pastronicky hits a dribbler up the third base line and beats it out to ruin the no-no. Absolute garbage hit but I will take it as it gets Dickey out of the game. Few batters later, Chipper likes straight balls very much and hits a triple off the top of the wall in RC to lead off the 10th. McCann sac fly scores the run, Kimbrel comes in and slams the door for his first save of the season. Win 1-0

Game 3 Win the Sim 7-6

• Like Like x 1
  3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Series 2, @ Houston

Game 1. Brandon Beachy pitches a 1 run gem, going 7 innings and the braves bats come alive. Uggla, Prado and Heyward all have homers. Braves win 6-4, Kimbrel gets save #2 and Beachy gets the first win by a SP on the season. Win 6-4

Game 2- Mike Minor is a hard luck loser as the Braves score early on JA Happ but then get stuck on two and lose the game 3-2. Batting averages are pretty low, Bourn, McCann, Freeman are struggling mightily to open the season. Lose 3-2

Bright spot, Tyler Pastronicky is having a nice welcome to the bigs, hitting .314, 1 homer and 4 rbis. Dan Uggla has 3 homers through 5 games. Hopefully we can win the series with the sim as Tommy Hason goes up against Wandy. Will update that and the start of the next series when I get home.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pro

Pro Walk On

Is this thread for reals?

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

No, he's just making this shit up in his mind. That's real fantasy baseball. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Great write ups Mulls! Making me cream in my pants a little

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Won the Sim vs Houston, record at 5-2

3 Game series agasint MIL started last night....

O boy, Jair Jurjens gets rocked for three runs in the first then settles down until he is pulled in the 6th. Reliever Christian Martinez gives up three runs upon entering to stretch the Brew Crew lead to 6-0. The Braves sqaunder a two run scoring opportunities in the 7th and 8th. In the 9th, Peter Moylan hangs a slider for a two run bomb by Aramis Ramirez to stretch it to 8-0. In the 9th, Chipper and McCann have back to back 2 out singles, and Dan Uggla sneaks on past the SS for a the lone Braves run. Bright Spot, Tyler Pastronicky has 2 more hits, and increases his early season average over .350 and is leading the team. Lose 8-1.

• Like Like x 1
  8. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

can we get a locker-room post-game journal as well chronicling all the man love going on in the braves locker room?

9. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I prefer the fact that you make it sound like Chipper is still a legitimate big leaguer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pro

Pro Walk On

11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

haha....his video game self is about 6 years younger...legged out a grounder in the hole the other game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Game 2 against MIL was a tough one....down 3-0 in the 8th, two straight singles and a wild pitch has runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Pastronicky grounds out to second, bringing home one. After a Alex Gonzales error allows the second run to score, the braves head to the ninth down one. After two quick outs against closer John Axford, Brian McCann grounds out weakly to the first baseman....but wait a minute, Axford pulled his foot while covering the base. SAFE. Next up, Dan Uggla. After fighting from an 0-2 count to even it back up at 2-2, Axford throws a slider that catches too much plate and folks, we have a walk off home run. Braves win 4-3.

Game 3, Win sim 2-1 after Brandon Beachy goes 8 and 2/3rds innings of one run ball.

Braves win the series, 2-1, have one all three series of the season so far.
    Player of the Series Dan Uggla and Brandon Beachy

• Like Like x 1
  13. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

The Braves welcome the New York Muts into town for a three game set. In game one, Mike Minor is given a two run lead early off of a Chipper Jones RBI double, and an Uggla RBI single. But Minor couldn't hold it and Josh Thole hit a three run shot in the third to put the Mets up in the third. The Braves would battle back, and go up for the night with another Dan Uggla three run homer. Eric O'flaherty would pitch a scoreless eighth and get the hold, and Kimbrel would lock it down for his 5th save of the year. Braves win 5-3

• Like Like x 1
  14. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Braves looked like shiet today irl. Shutout?

15. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah today was an extension of last season. Heyward looks overmatched on all fastballs. Freeman is a slow starter, Uggla had some nice swings. Pastronicky looked good, good at bats, hell of play in the field. Pitching just has to be perfect to win. And why is Constanza on the roster....? ugh.

161-1 is still a pretty good record

• Like Like x 1
  16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Another shot at Johan Santana and this time, Tommy Hanson was able to deliver. Beating the Mets 5-3 for the second consecutive game. Brian McCann and Freddie Freeman, off to horrid starts each get 2 hits, McCann driving in two runs. Hanson threw a gem, 6 innings, 3 runs, two unearned after I overan a line drive that would of been the third out. The bullpen continues to shine, Jonny Venters gets another hold, and rookie Arodys Vizcaino threw a scoreless 8th and looked dominate. He looks to be the right hander late in the game to go with Eric O'Flaherty and Jonny Venters as LHP out of the pen. Craig Kimbrel came in and got save number 6. Braves win 5-3.

Go for the sweep tonight in a sim...(that is going to be hard for me to do)

Currently one game back of the Marlins for first place.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

My few pet peeves with this game so far:
    1. The ridiculous number of foul balls hit by the CPU
    2. I give up at least 1 hit to a pitcher or PH every game.
    3. Lots of bunt base hits.

18. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

1. I agree with, not alot of K's

I have trouble with the pitch logic sometimes, because no one goes middle in with an 0-2 count. But, I am also a guy who throws away, away,away then if that doesnt work, away,away away

19. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Make that 159-3

20. Goose

Goose Walk On

And this died just like the Cathedral.

21. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

It was Easter jackass....:)

22. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I lose the sim to the Mets and lose my chance at the sweep. Currently sit at 8-4, second in the NL East

Game 1 of a 4 game set against the Arizona Diamondbacks started off swimmingly. Tim Hudson on the mound, looking to improve to 2-0 is up vs a 0-2 Trevor Cahill with his 20.85 era. The Braves would strike first, as Brian McCann hits one into the pool into right center field for his second homer of the year. In the 4th, McCann hits a ground rule double into the pool, knocking in Martin Prado for a 2-0 lead. Dan Uggla would lead off the 5th with a walk. A swinging bunt by Freeman and a sac fly by Heyward would get Uggla to third with two out. In comes ROY canidate Tyler Pastronicky, and after a 12 pitch at bat, he lines one into right for a big 2 out RBI.

At this point, Hudson was throwing a no hitter, looking great through 5 innings. A leadoff solo homer by Justin Upton to start the 6th seemed like a no big deal moment. It was then followed by another solo shot, off the bat of Chris Young. Braves lead 3-2 after 6. To start the 7th, the DBacks 1b Goldschmitt hits another solo shot that ties the game and chases Tim Hudson. Tied 3-3, the Diamonbacks would hit two more solo shots in the 8th off of Christian Martinez to take the lead and the win, 5-3 Braves lose.

• Like Like x 2
  23. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

How long does a game take to play?

24. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

about an hour, 50 minutes if I pitch real quick

25. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Game 2 of the DBacks series goes a little better. Brandon Beachy came in with a 2-0 record, a 1.69 ERA. He leaves 3-0 with a .69 ERA after throwing 7 scoreless, pitching out a of a 2 on no out jam in the 6th. Dan Uggla hits his 7th homer of the year, 2nd in the NL behind Billionaire Joey votto. Otherwise, manufactured some runs, a sac bunt turned into an everyone safe that started a mini rally. Braves win 4-0

• Like Like x 1