My connection

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by wajomatik, Sep 7, 2010.

1. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

My connection

Something is wrong with my internet and its really messes up when I play madden. I have comcast and my modem has 4 lights power, send, recieve, and internet. Randomly my internet light will cut out and flash. Sometimes it just makes the game freeze for a second then it reconnects and the game continues. Other times it flashes, the game freezes and I lose connection to my opponent, then it reconnects. I dont know what to do I got a new modem a month ago, it still did the same shit so I had a comcast tech come out and he put my internet on its own dedicated line. I thought it was fixed but it did the same thing in my game with Moogle 3 times last night. It really frustrates me, Im going to call comcast again but if they can't fix it I may have to resign from the league. Its not fair to my opponents or myself to play games if this crap keeps happening.(n)

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Not good. Is there another ISP in your area?

I moved recently to an area that offers no land based high-speed. So after diligent research, I went with a lap-top aircard from ATT. I purchased a wireless air-card modem specifically designed for air-cards.

I have the modem mounted in my attic, the usb air-card plugged into the modem and the modem transmits wireless 3G internet from the aircard.

Onll solution I had other than satellite internet, where the latency woulnt support online gaming anyways.

Not the fastest speed, but I am able to play online with minimal to no lag.

3. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah qwest is here but they arent very good either and are more expensive. Its been an ongoing issue with comcast for a while and im getting tired of paying them for crappy service. Hopefully I can resolve it with comcast.

To add more to the pile my phone has decided to start shutting off its receiver so Im kinda screwed on AIM access buring the day. I should have this resolved fairly soon for sure.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

See what happens when you get married, Wajy? Your technological life goes to crap!

Just kidding man. Hope everything works out for you. I'd hate to have to put in for the Cowgirls as a team swap.