My early issues with slider set #1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cgreen214, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

First let me say that im not even sure HarkTheSound implemented the slider set before I even started playing my game, but I think he did. Second, its only my first game so I cant judge it completely off of one game.

The game I just played felt like it was NCAA of the last two years. Here are the problems I felt I had bulleted:

• The RB/QB was trucking almost every first defender that got to him.
    • My OL was getting pancaked or pushed back 5-8 yrds down the field with no ability to get off blocks.
    • I was only able to utilize total control passing 2-8 attempts. Any other time I tried to lead a receiver or throw it low it was thrown WAY WAY away from the receiver or not even in the right spot at all.
    • The most frustrating was trying to pass the ball. This years game finally has a nice pocket to step up into and that was nowhere to be found in the game I just finished. It was like NCAA of old...deeper routes were out of the question because Nevadas DL would just destroy my OL. Im not talking about 1 guy making it through or even two...there were numerous plays where the entire DL or anyone else coming just came in basically right off the bat. (Bottom line Nevada shouldn't be running over my OL with ease)
    • Running the ball is still too easy, but we don't need to mess with OL blocking bc I want my guys to block correct. To fix the run I feel the best way to do that is to increase tackling or defense awareness. I never like downgrading blocking bc then you have OL just sucking it up. Make the Defense stronger not the Oline weaker.
    These are just my first impressions. I definitely need to play more than one game. What do you guys think so far?
    We need to start discussing this stuff and not just use some slider set already made, but get a starter set and tweak it as a dynasty to what fits us as a group.

Also can we vote on game speed? I prefer normal, but totally will adjust if everyone else is all about slow speed.

I still feel the game plays pretty damn good this year right out of the box.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Those sliders were by Charter04, a user on both TSO and OS. I read pretty good things about them so I started us off with those...

Here's another set to try. I'm gonna advance the week in our dynasty because sliders don't update unless we advance. No need for anyone to care about recruiting and stuff since this is a test run anyway.

3. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

All American Offense/Defense
    8 min quarters
    Speed Threshold: 40
    Speed: Normal

User/CPU
    QB acc 10/20
    Pass Block 35/60
    WR Catch 40/55
    RB Ability 50/60
    Run Blocking 40/60
    Pass Coverage 50/65
    Interceptions 45/50
    Rush Defense 45/60
    Tackling 60/65
    FG Power 30/30
    FG Accuracy 40/40
    Punt Power 30/30
    Punt Accuracy 30/30
    Kickoff Power 35/35

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Is this a new set?

5. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Ok im dumb I see that it is now. I wish there was a good set out there with offense on Heisman and defense on all american

6. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I'm gonna advance the dynasty and these will be the set for week 2. Remember, its just a test dynasty everyone so don't get you panties in a wad if you didn't do anything in week 1.

7. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Threshold needs to come down to ATLEAST 30. I don't want to see DT's picking up fumbles and burning HB's and receivers for a TD

8. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Also charter said he has an updated set and will post that later if we want to try his updated version on one of the next weeks

9. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Every slider set on OS and TSO has it at 45 or 40...it's not nearly as bad as it has been in years past where we would put it at 20. Try those us and let me know ASAP so we can get the sliders figured out by the time we get the Community rosters.

10. Cole Copeland

send me an invite to the test dynasty

11. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Sent. And advanced to week 2 to try out the updated sliders.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cole Copeland

13. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I just had a really good game on these sliders. Beat Duke 45-28. THE CPU FINALLY LIMITED MY GROUND GAME. They were able to move the ball really well but nothing felt cheap. Definitely liking my first impression of these.

14. Cole Copeland

The sliders feel really good. The only things I might look into would be bringing USER pass block down a notch and I still believe threshold should be more towards 30. Other than that, these worked great

• Like Like x 1
  15. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I still like IBO's slider set the most.

16. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Real stellar feedback. Did you try them?

• Like Like x 1
  17. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Honestly I feel like The fast players are fast enough as is. Really 99 speed Marvin bracy runs away from my 91 speed corner every time. I can't imagine him being any faster.

#vadleetowr
    #vadleeftw

18. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I advanced the week again and made speed threshold 30 instead of 40 to test it out to see how everyone likes it...I haven't played yet but I know I had little issue with it at 40.

19. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Oh yes, because I've had time to try these out. I'm saying out of the ones I've tried, I prefer his set the best. No need to be a douchebag.

20. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Sorry, you just made it seem like you tried these out and dismissed them without reasons why. I liked IBO's too but I wanted to see how all american was.

Cgreen214 what'd you think of these in your second game? I saw it was pretty close. You too, BigBodySS.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  21. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

I don't think aa is the way to go. I just played Illinois, granted they are worse than Washington, but the game wasn't close at all. 56-21 and two of their TDs were 75+ yards because I was testing out my hit stick skills with Shaq Thompson and missed badly :p.

The cpu had 40 yards rushing not counting the yardage lost on sacks while I had 237.

Riley O'toole QB for Illinois was a robo QB out there though going 30/40 and 359 and his only misses came on 3 drops 1 overthrow and 6 throwaways.

I feel the cpu's kicking game does not need to be messed with. Illinois punter never kicked it further than 30 yards...reminded me of online punting cheese. And their kicker missed a 32 yard straight on FG.

I thought the speed threshold played good though. Keith Price(79 spd) could get away from DTs but wasn't outrunning the LBs at the second level.

Just my two cents on how these sliders played, albeit just one game.

22. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Definitely an upgrade...I feel the QB is too accurate for the cpu, but I don't think we should lower the cpu. I think user pass D should be raised. Lots of completions bc my corners would get beat on out routes by a good 15 yards. Getting beat I don't have an issue with, but by that much is unrealistic. I say next week adv up user Pass D up and see if it still allows the cpu to complete the passes, but allows my corners to atleast be in the area to make a tackle.

I really enjoyed my close game though. They played very fun.

23. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Ill play week 3 in about 15 minutes if you are able to wait.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I actually had a bye week..so im done

25. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I haven't played much, but how does default heisman play?? How about user vs user?