My first recruiting adventure

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Jul 15, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Jul 10, 2009
    My first recruiting adventure

I spent 2 days playing a season with EMU and I played about half the games while going 4-8.

EMU has 0 OTs coming back so that was my number 1 priority. I also wanted to land 2 TEs and a solid SS. I'd try to take 1-2 DTs and a solid MLB if I could.

I wound up landing the #119 class in front of only WKU. 4 :3stars: and 2 :2stars:. 4 of those were jucos. I landed a grand total of 0 OTs, and I was pushin hard, so I wound up taking 3 walk ons ranked around 45 ovr.

I started out going after :3stars: OTs and some :2stars:s. After losing out on those guys, I went after more :2stars: guys but the smaller schools already had a head start. It's really hard to find players that aren't being recruited. I couldn't even sign :1stars: jucos by the end because the other MAC schools had em sown up.

Don't think you can wait til offseason and recruits will start signing with you either. Recruiting has come full circle, where before in-season recruiting was an extension of offseason, now offseason recruiting feels like 5 more weeks of the standard in-season recruiting. I stayed 2nd on several guys' lists at -1 in the offseason while they wouldn't budge, week after week, and remained steadfastly loyal to a midtier program that didn't even offer them a scholly.

Recruiting ain't no joke this year folks. Be prepared...
  2. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Mar 21, 2010
    This is gonna be ugly lol. I suck as it is lol.