My initial thoughts after three games with UCLA...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Jul 15, 2009.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

My initial thoughts after three games with UCLA...

First the Bruins defense is horrible. I mean horrible. If you are wondering who I am recruiting, it will be D-E-F-E-N-S-E.

Im not a huge fan of the new recruiting set up, but it may turn out great, I really don't know why they didn't put all of the ratings on one page, that is truly annoying.

I played on Heisman last night in three games, and went 1-2 against SDSU, KSU and UT. The UT loss was old school CPU, down 24-7 in the 4th quarter, UT ended up winning 31-24.

The one play that is happened to me 4 times in 3 games is the QB throwing the ball after he is hit, and it ends up being caught by a DE, and ran in for a TD. It reminded me of the old Playstation Defensive lineman jumping up and intercepting the ball when they were a yard away from the QB (Am I the only one that remembers that)

I thought passing was much harder, which it probably needed to be, and running up the gut was a little easier.

I was really disappointed with the rosters, even after I downloaded the ones from EA. They had 5 true Freshman added, and I only have 63 players, and Im sure Im not the only one in this situation.

I think for years we have asked for a more realistic game where Western Kentucky couldn't beat Florida, well I think we have that game now. Talent level is going to be key in this game.

Are we waiting on named rosters to be released? I don't want to wait on the sliders patch, and I agree we should start on All-American.

Overall the game looks like it could be really good.

One last thing, the dynasty enhancements really, really, piss me off. Twice I got caught thinking, "Recruiting advisor, that sounds like a cool new feature - WRONG" "Recruiting reports, that sounds cool - WRONG"

I had no idea they would be that prevelant in the game. Just garbage.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    I think the patch may beat named rosters.

I hate the dynasty "enhancements" as well.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

What is that dynasty enhancements???

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Welcome to the club..... Virginia's defense is downright pitiful.. got a guy rated 59 overall starting at DE.... need i say more? ok i will... my corners are tiny and basically slow with one exception.... and they are allergic to tackling....... (y)

you just gotta adjust your game genie....thats all man..... no biggie...

5. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I guess i will have try running a dynasty to see what these enhancements are. I just have played on play now, and ranked games. It is a lot easier this year to contain the cheese of qb's rolling out pocket and running straight back.

JR's comment on staying in the pocket is the golden rule this year on getting time to throw the ball, IMO.

As far as settings this year, it really doesn't matter to me on what level we start off with. I just want a ruling on the "chew clock" feature.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    Where you can buy extra pipeline states, recruits, etc. with MS points.

7. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

yeah im all for starting on all-american, just makes it a little more realistic because guys who are rated 60 and 70 will not play like they are 95

8. theSANDMAN215

what's wrong with the sliders? I haven't touched mine, but you said there is a patch coming?

9. OMlawdog

Any other thoughts about game play.

Also any thoughts about start date?

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I like the write up OM, and I agree this game has serious potential..its up to us as a community to make it work.

11. theSANDMAN215

can someone explain the whole recruit against a team?

I was in the dynasty just messing around and couldn't figure it out.

12. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

13. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Sure ill explain ok first thing you wanna do is....... oh wait your fuckin Va Tech...
    [​IMG]
    i aint explaining shit to you.......

14. theSANDMAN215

just wait until we are on the recruiting trails, I will take all the recruits.

15. OMlawdog

I need the recruits, because right now I can't do shit with this UCLA team.

Sand pounded me last night, and the worst part is that I felt like my defense wasn't terrible, but my offense can't do much at all. May have to retool the offense completely.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Virginia tech recruiting is meh.........alot of 3 and 2 star players