My issue with West

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, May 20, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

west is mad at me because when up 27 (two by fumble and two set up by ints) and still a WHOLE HALF of football left with him not backing off and i went and scored again. he said thats pure cheeder and is quitting. when the truth is his two fumbles, one came off of him trying to truck me with a 15lb wr on a kick off and the other came because he was trying to truck with his qb. he wouldn't let me sub my guys in at the top of the 4th, then finally did after i asked him something
    and text me the rest of the game. his whole point is that he couldn't play like himself (which is pure cheese) because i'd call him out. he ran 8 in the box blitz every 1st down, and most 2nd downs. he, on offense, calls quick throws; i defended the throws and adjusted to the blitzs and burnt him, and he wouldn't take it like a man. i did NOTHING cheesy, he can't say one thing.
    he even said in txt that its not about the game that my priorities are all screwed up.

I'd love to hear what he tells dunn. i am telling you i done nOTHING wrong and this dude is a headcase with me.

good riddance.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

He wanted to scrim with me before my game with gaddy. Talked to me through skype. Guy is an arrogant pretentious asshole. Talked to me like I was some kind of idiot with no football knowledge whatsoever. I may not have played, but I know what the fuck is going on and what I am doing. I may not be able to execute, but I know what to do.

He bitched about the wfl speed rule when we put it in, then quit like a bitch. If he leaves, I won't cry. Dude wore my goodwill out with him in one ninety minute skype session.

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

He did not give me many details he just said I am pretty sure I am done. I said good luck to you. He runs up the score on everyone and has in the past and no one plays perfect but I have found him unsim and not likeable since the first day he joined the league. We are better off without him he can take that act somewhere else. I am not sure why he thinks being good or beating madden is a life goal but he does. I just don't think he is man enough to actually walk away but we shall see and I hope it is final...

4. natedawg212000

wow. i didnt see that kinda of support coming lol. thanks! lets just be done with him. he told me 3 times he was done with me and the omfl, so he's done imo. open them up.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I have read the Gaddy thread as well and will include my reply to both these threads in here.

Gaddy-

I have played this guy countless times,wether in league or scrimmage,including two scrimmages.
    First off, Gaddy is a great madden player in my opinion. He studies the game & he reads and reacts to plays better than anyone I have played against. With that being said, he is as borderline as they come. He will push all of our rules to their limits and if we do not have a rule about a certain exploit, you can be certain he will do it until a rule is in place. WE have a group of players here, maybe 6-10, that have a understanding in regards to gameplay. When they play, rules are out the window and all is fair game. Gaddy is in this group and I think when he plays Sim guys like Dave, he gets carried away and crosses the line in a do whatever it takes to win attitude. If I remember correctly, Gaddys' gameplay had a big part in pushing Bruce out. If I am doing my math correctly, I get Gaddy in round 2 of the playoffs and he will more than likely kick my butt but I will try and observe his game extra closely.

west-

I like the guy but in my opinion he may have some mental issues. He is another guy that simply cannot handle losing and his two titles did not help that whatsoever. He and Gaddy are alot alike, they will do whatever it takes to win. Only difference is I dont think Gaddy would complain if he lost as such West does. I beat him ONCE in a scrimmage and I never heard the end of it. I mentioned this before but I believe West does some funky player assignment audibling with his d-Line that allows them to not get tied up with o-lineman. He also runs man-blitz 95% of his plays and will totally deny it when asked. West is also a good madden player but values winning over sim game play as does Gaddy.

Really not sure where I would lean on a Boot vote on either of these guys right now.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Completely agree with your assessment of both guys, Jeremy. Until yesterday, I would have covered both of these guys. Now, I would only cover one of them: Gaddy.

West can go. I may get pissed when I lose, but yesterday during a "friendly" scrim was the most angry I've ever been. Guy was treating me like a 4 year old or a foreigner who's never ever seen American football ever. Most people would be tongue in cheek about it on forums, but hearing it from the person themself with no way to misunderstand tone...this guy thinks his shit don't stink.

I really dislike this Madden, and I really want to just move onto Madden 12 as quickly as possible. Guys like West and Gaddy make it tougher to keep plugging. Especially West. Gaddy I can tolerate in small bursts. West....no more.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

To add, not since I was backing "Drama Queen" Dunlap have I felt so wrong about an individual's personality (speaking of West). I honestly thought West was a good, solid guy who cared about the league and making it better and more sim.

After his WFL stunt of bitching about the speed rule we put in (the only owner to really throw a fit about it, that I recall, some owners didn't like it but none protested as he did) and leaving after winning the title, and this latest bit...I looked at the stats for the game. Nothing unsim about it in my opinion that I could see. I can't see every play, but I can look at the stats and say it looked like a fair game.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

And to add about Gaddy, yes, he's borderline, but he's not an extreme ass when he gets beat, and he can take a good ribbing about it better than most. And, to be fair, borderline is still within rules. Guys like Gaddy have made our rules better and more simlike, like it or not.

9. natedawg212000

Ya, West even admitted to me it wasn't my game as cheese but that (to quote) 'your priorities are all screwed up'. WTH does he know about my priorities. Getta life... Sorry, just dumb to waste precious energy on an idiot.

10. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Ill back everyone here up. You are all good people. (Though Win may have some alien in him since he created that cap system..... :D

However, I dont have the same type of issues when I play Gaddy or West.

Gaddy - He really is a good madden player and very good with the sticks. He read's plays well and can keep you from doing things you like. Especially if you fall into a pattern. Defensively, he relies a bit too much on the blitz but as a whole, he does switch it up. If I saw any issues with his gameplay it would be on offense as he will fall into a trend of drags and crosses. Then again, who doesnt. Im not sure if anyone looks at their plays but almost every pass play in Madden has a player running a drag. Maybe its my playbook.....

West - Hes another good player with good instincts and stick skills. Hes very much like Gaddy on defense with the exception that he plays lots of man. I dont see it as cheesy but I do have a problem with people calling out those who use drags and crosses when they play man to man. I remember people ripping Gaddy for hitting his TE's and HBs when playing him but in reality, if you dont throw to them against West, your in for a long game. Now with that said, Ive scrimmaged him several times and I have a feel for what he does and I use that to exploit his defense.

Im not giving free passes. Its only my thoughts on the matter. I agree with Win when he said that Gaddys willing to take a tough beat. I dont consider him to be arrogant and when he gets bothered, I feel I can talk to him. I think Gaddy is good for the league because he genuinely likes to play the game. West is a different breed. There are times he is even keeled but he does let little shit bother him. I mean, wasn't it not to long ago that Greeeeg filed a complaint for running up the score and he started justifying it? Its not cheddar to score points. Im not one to run up the score but at the same time I want to play the game. It gets a little boring running the ball against a 46 front all the time. Id like to say I have a good rapport with West but on this one, I just dont get it.

In all reality, I think sometimes, there should be a one day period where you reflect on the game before filing a complaint. Sometimes, we all get hyped up as soon as the game ends. A little time passes and you are not as angry.

I also agree with Dunn but I dont expect West to actually leave.

11. natedawg212000

I am all for a 24 hour cool down period for anyone to file a complaint as a rule. This dude would NOT leave my phone alone last night and I finally had to tell him to just leave me alone and leave the league if thats what he felt. I was sorry for it, but i done nothing wrong. I lost a lot of respect for him when I played on his team on 3v3 and heard what he said about guys and his game play outlook.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I thought we had like a 12 hour cool down period minimum for complaints anyways. Maybe that's the WFL, or maybe I'm just hallucinating...could be the alien in me. ;)

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

And, to clarify, I played both West and Gaddy yesterday. West was a friendly scrim and Gaddy was a 44-17 beatdown. I was less angry about the 44-17 beatdown than I was about the friendly scrim. Friendly my ass.

Gaddy is just merciless. He does not give you a moment to breathe on offense or defense. He is always on the attack. Give you a prime example:

That 44-17 beatdown was closer than the score indicated. For the first half, I held him in check (minus Ted "Cheddar" Ginn, but that's another story). It was 20-10 late in the first half and I threw a STUPID pass...He drove and was on the 2 yard line with 2 seconds left in the half, 1st and goal. He went for it and got the TD instead of kicking the field goal. Knocked the wind out of my sails and I never recovered honestly.

I didn't see much in the way of drags/crosses in our game. I think he took our jabs to heart about that. He played pretty sim in my opinion....EXCEPT on special teams.

His punt return for a TD, he changed direction twice after running 5+ yards one way horizontally and just basically ran my AI coverage out of the play. His KO return to start the game was fairly legitimate, as he angled one way and ran around the coverage once they knived inward. I held a guy back to cover it, but my guy I held was 77 speed....Ginn is a bit faster. :)

Offensively and defensively, Gaddy was pretty sim, imo. Then again, according to West, I'm a Madden idiot, so maybe I just don't know cheese when I see it.