1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

My Mistake

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by biggcoug65, Nov 21, 2012.

1. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Hey all, just wanted to get a thread going about what recently happened with me and my team to clear the air before it gets muddy, if it hasn't already.

During week 14 I played vs CPU Cards and the score ended up being 62-0, which is running up the score. I surely did not intend to do this, and I did not do anything, that I feel was unsim. With that being said, there are many things that I could have done differently to keep the scoring down, especially since I scored 17 in the 4th quarter which was not necessary. Instead of running back an INT for a TD, I should have stepped out of bounds, I should have run the clock down more frequently and tried to make an effort to punt more frequently.

Due to my mistake in judgement, BobJr has imposed a 1 week suspension on me for running up the score which I am totally ok with and understand. Bob and I have talked quite a bit since then and there are absolutely no hard feelings on my end. I am taking this as a learning experience for the future when playing the CPU or users even and will not let it happen again.

I am sorry to any HK members who feel I cheated you in anyway and I am always happy to talk about anything openly. I ensure you this sort of thing will not happen again on my end and I understand that this sort of play is not acceptable in our league, which in my opinion is the best league out there.

I look forward to being back out there week 16!

• Like Like x 15
  2. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Dude, you are way above-board in my book. On the Reb-scale, that is not egregious at all. The fact that you self-reported, got out in front of it and found mutually-agreed upon punishment speaks volumes.

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Newly HK members and future HK members, this is how you should be.

You're a stand up guybiggcoug65 and I respect you for this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MG

MG Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I appreciate you making the thread and owning up

5. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

CHEESER!

biggcoug65

No but seriously, I think your reputation as a sim gamer speaks for itself...

now... DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!

6. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Also, in re-reading my post, I want to clarify what I meant by what I said about feeling I did not do anything unsim. I am strictly talking about play calling and execution of those plays, as running up the score that way IS unsim.

I do appreciate the support, this league really is the best.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Don't know if this fits...but it is a badass tune and video

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

biggcoug65

Hey, I think bob's punishment might be a bit too harsh. Why not just be forced to trade your starting MLB to a division rival?

I'm just throwing out ideas.

• Like Like x 2
  9. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

dude, you can have Tavares Gooden for the right price

10. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I figured since im an Ole Miss grad, we could figure something out.

Just let me know, I want to help you feel better about this whole ordeal.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I would have reserved the ban to a playoff game against the Saints if it were me. Just sayin.

12. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

you are welcome to discuss with BobJr

13. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Shiittt at this rate I wont even make the playoffs :p.

14. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

To quote one of my college coaches when we rolled our division rival in a playoff game. "Its not our fault that they suck!!" Jk. no judgement here man, sometimes you just kick someones ass.

15. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

You're another stand up guy. In HK, we don't run the score up whether it be CPU or user.

• Like Like x 1
  16. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I know the CPU isn't super challenging and is probably because BobJr wants there to be a penalty for not being able to play your games. However, I beat biggcoug65 49ers like 41-0 with my paltry Seahawks team. I think he beat my Seahawk team 50 something to 0 when we couldn't get our game in and I've seen a couple of other shutouts. We are certainly all responsible for our actions but maybe making the CPU a little tougher or slightly decreasing a few user attributes (break tackles?) could offset this a little? Just throwing out ideas. I admire Coug's manliness though :)

17. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Yea I hear ya. If we do that we offset our user games which I have really enjoyed how they are playing