My one big issue this season (EA related) Everyone read and let's discuss

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Jan 21, 2010.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My one big issue this season (EA related) Everyone read and let's discuss

Issue 1

11 cpu teams played 11 games. Among those teams at least 3 are in top 10, 4 are in top 25.

Issue 2

Florida and Oklahoma played back to back FCS opponents weeks 1 and 2

These issues come about because of trying to get user vs user games and also replacing FCS games on schedule.

I understand the need and desire to play against other users. It just bothers me that this glitch is there.

Any suggestions?

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

well scheduling is a catch-22. Either we keep all our user games as in conference games or we schedule OOC later in the season. Also what I have seen in other OD's is that the commish will schedule the usual suspects (OSU, Florida, Bama, ect.) for USER vs CPU games.

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I vote only change our FCS Opponents to other users or teams available that week. Instead of always scheduling the Big Guys. Let's face it...beating Florida with a team like say Eastern Michigan...should not happen, but the settings make it easier. Getting a team like EMU to the top 25 and in BCS talks should be a challenge. I say we don't switch schedules around too much if at all.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Cimmy's idea is another alternative. If we don't reschedule there is a chance that some of the big guns will play FCS schools but will have 12 games and not 3 FCS OOC's.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Well I mean what do you do, go thru every teams (CPU and User) and remove FCS Schools all together? That just seems to be too much. Let the big teams play their schedules, only change ours to other users (where they are needed) and CPU teams that are available that week only..and make it realistic..nobody should be playing Florida, Ohio St, and Texas as their OOC

6. Emmdotfrisk

This is what we did already. And the same reason I called it a Catch-22. Either we schedule the tough opponents to play oursleves or we don't. Either way its unrealistic.

7. BG

BG On The Rize!

I can see both sides of the suggestions. I think by playing the schools original schedule, it will take a couple of (successful) years for one of our teams to make a NC run. For example, my Stanford team went undefeated this year and but because outside of USC, we played no real jugernauts. This may also be true for K State who needs help in order to make it. It's the Boise State phenomenon!!! So I agree wth playing the schedule as is and not play the "BIG Boys" to pad rankings because that's ultimately what it does! Thats just my opinion!!!

8. Dean

Dean Walk On

I agree with Cimmy & Forever

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Can this be done? I've never redid schedules before. If we can access all 120 FBS teams that would solve the issue. I have no problem doing that if it can be done. Yes it would take probably an extra 1 hour but if it elimates the 11 game issue I would gladly do it.

10. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

scheds are always gonna be buggy. have been since PS1. You really gotta pick the lesser of 2 evils. I really dont care which way we go. Just please leave TCU on my sched. They are my only rivalry