My PS3 journey from Hell (rant)

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by KnightNoles, Jun 5, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

My PS3 journey from Hell (rant)

Takes place in Kentucky

Alright the day started off fairly well with work at 6:00am which I didn't care about because it was overtime hours at $14.25 (temp work here). We were originally working from 6-2:30 but were let go at 10.

One of my friends had nothing going on so we decided to hit the mall up in Lexington around noon, grab something to eat and a la buy a PS3 and be back for my matchup with Mo in Tradition. I hit up Gamestop and ask if they had any, said no and asked me to call the other stores and I declined. So I went to another place in our mall called 3D Games and they were out.

So I ended up driving back down to where I live about 15 mins South of Lex and try the Walmart and Gamestop there. Walmart no good, but went to Gamestop and had them call around and they had a system in Hamburg about 25-30 mins from the area I live. I went there prepared to buy and my card was denied? So I went home and got a check and went back, guess what denied also.

So I headed back to Lexington and the Best Buy and Toys R Us by each other and they were both out. Hit up Target across the street out.

My last place and I wasn't going to go but did, a Walmart on Nicholasville Road in Lexington right down from the major shopping area and they have 2 PS3 chillin. So I tell the guy let me get that! Prepare to check out and they have automated check things, (never write checks besides rent and utilities) and it first doesn't go through because she jams the corner of it. Runs it through again ask for ID and then denied...... Gives me the Telecheck or whatever to call and see why they are getting denied, its because they don't have enough information or activity.. Im like alright lets try the card again and she says run it as credit and it works!

It has been one Helluva day!!!!!!!

Cliffnotes
    Work 6am - 10am, originally 6-4:30
    Mall at noon
    Goal buy PS3
    Gamestop, another store, Walmart, Gamestop, Gamestop, Best Buy, Toy r Us, Target and finally another Walmart
    Purchased!

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Gotta call ahead rookie. Luckily i found my PS3 fairly easy since my work ships them by the pallet load.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I saw the facebook updates

edit: prolly could've found one on craigslist easier, or a pawn shop

4. KnightNoles

I knew that comment was coming from somebody...

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Such is life, I know people who have had to wait for days for them to get in stock. I probably would have if I didnt have the imformation that I did. But I was only shopping at one store but there are over 30 of them in Phoenix, and on that day only one store had them.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

One word bro:

Cash.

works every time.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Is it hard to get a PS3?

They are all over the place here.

8. KnightNoles

Apparently here it is.

Check this, the guy at Gamestop told me, haha.

The government is buying a lot of them, because of the technology and building smarter better weapons with em. and Sony has slowed on the production line because they dont want to lose any money. --something to that degree

I was like why government?

It's cheaper than buying from IBM

I just went with the flow......

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I want some of whatever that dude is smoking.

10. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I was wondering what that GOV clan was on MW2...someone tell Obama they released it on 360 too.

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

That guy also had a basement stocked up with supplies for the Y2K threat.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm in the military (Army) and currently stationed across seas. With me being across seas I'm forced to watch alotta Military news and updates. Even though when I read this I laughed it off, this is actually true. Their not building weapons (if they were it would be classified and the gamespot guy/myself would not know that) but they are building a super computer with them. Something aboout the graphics card or something like that I forget but the government is buying alot of PS3s.

13. KnightNoles

yea he just gave an reference to all our smart weapons and he also said a computer.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    This is actually true. The explanation seems plausible to me.

By clustering 2200 (what they purchases according to this story)

They would have roughly 330 TFlops of computing power, compared to a Cray supercomputer that has 100 TFlop capacity and costs MUCH, MUCH more. Plus, Sony subsidized the cost.

Cool stuff if your a nerd.

15. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Why is your card declining?

My card, they dont decline that