My Restart vs. Arky

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

My Restart vs. Arky

You guys will see the red banner if you log in after I complete my game, so I wanna explain. It isn't a big deal. I had just started the game and I was tired, so I asked AG if I could shut 'er down and play it today. The score was 0-0 in the first, and literally had just started. He said okay, so that is that.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Obviously this was cleared with the commish but it seems like we need to try to control these restarts if at all possible. I'm not saying that you guys are doing anything shady, but there is certainly the opportunity for shadiness with restarts. Scores and winning/losing is only one part of the equation.

In my TB league my SR HB is the biggest stud on my team. Literally on my very first play from scrimmage for my entire season I give him the ball and he busts it outside for a 70 yard gain. He's tackled on the play, broke his collarbone and is gone for the rest of the season. I can't think of a more tempting time to yank the plug as then. I could've easily said to someone online "the score's 0-0, I just started, but my wife needs me so I'll have to restart it later" and no one would've been the wiser as to what really happened.

Again, I'm not saying that anyone here did anything shady like this. I'm just saying that score alone is certainly not the only indicator that nothing eventful happened during that game.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I lost my top two guys for the season in my TB league. Hate it when that happens.

We're usually pretty good about this kind of thing. Doesn't happen much, and never with Basis. I have no issues whatsoever with this one.

And Bruce is an old-school TF guy. Not likely any issues there, either.

As long as it doesn't happen a lot (and it isn't) we don't really need to worry about it.

Unless Pryor busts a leg in the first quarter of the Purdue game - then I'm pullin' the plug :)

4. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Restart against arky...yawn...zzzzzz....:D

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Jello makes a good point...In my OFFL MM dynasty, I lost DeAndre Brown in the first half of the first game...Sickening. The server ended up knocking me off after the game...I had to sim it and now have had to put Brown deep on my depth chart to do the right thing. I'm worried he'll transfer in the offseason b/c I didn't play him all year when he was perfectly healthy, as far as he knows.

Ugh...

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I hear ya jello and jheb. No injuries though. I was literally two plays into the game (kickoff and defensive play). I never should have started the game, but I did. Rule of thumb for me: just because we advanced doesn't mean I have to play the game that day! :D