my retirement

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

my retirement

I've decided to retire. I'm retiring because TF is banning aggressive. No matter what team I am, I will now allow 400-500 yards minimum passing in user games. Most users when they play user games called pass plays based on average 15-20% more in user games. This means that if you called pass plays 50% normally, you most likely called them 65-70% in user games. One guy who I played called pass plays around 50% normally in my user game called 85% passes. He was not Texas Tech. 85% pass plays is not sim.

I was allowing any where between 250-400 yards in user games using aggressive the amount I was using it, which averaged out to about 40%.

I think you are all a bunch of great guys and I had fun winning, and even losing has been fun. I was 8-7 in user games. Thanks to all of you for the advice on passing game, it has helped and I am seeing some improvement.

Please note the teams I am here in TF are:
    Pitt-they are a good team 2-1 (user)
    Cal-they are a good team 4-2 (user 3-2 with Washington 1-0 Cal)
    WKU-they suck, but I was getting more facemask penalties using normal than aggressive. I could not figure that out. 0-1 (user)
    Stanford-They are slow, but I liked the challenge. 0-3 (user)
    La Tech- decent team made noise with them 2-0 (user)

I wish you all the best.

Brian

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Believe me i feel the same way but stick around.

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The reason I put my teams and records in there was because one commissioner said I could take a new team, but it wouldn't matter or help.

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

BC, you and I needed to play a user game in BfR. I love running the ball. Unless I go down big (4TD's in 3rd or later), believe me, I am still trying to run the ball. In an OD outside of TF, I had a game as ISU (me) against Cincinnati. I was down 24-7 middle of the 3rd. Back to back drives I scored by running the crap out of the ball (ISU playbook, mostly shotgun) and completing passes to offset the rush sometimes. Brought it back to 24-21 with over 4 mins remaining. Could not get the stop on D and lost, but still had my 3 TO's and 4 mins that I could have stopped them. I honestly do not use aggressive settings that much. Certain situations for zones and pick/swat, but not anymore on jump snap, strip, pitch, or big hit. The zones actually help a great deal against users. I have gotten a few pics that way either by selecting deep or shallow. And I have always widely varied my playcalling, zone, man, zone blitz, man blitz, overload. It makes it fun. Sometimes I get burned, most of the time, I force a quick decision at a minimum. Picks and sacks happen quite a bit also.

Mike

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Same here ask anyone who has played me unless i go down big time i run the ball. Look at almost any game i play i run the ball over 30 times a game. That dont change in user games i run run and run. When i get down big i throw. i wont change i will always run the ball i cant stand the guys who go out and throw when in reality it dont happen unless u are Texas Tech.

6. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I think this is one of the most run heavy dynasty's around. If you don't stick with Bowl Busters I understand..... but in my opinion, BfR is a TF premier Dynasty with good sim players that play the game right. You should stick around BC, would hate to lose you because of things happening in other dynasty's.

BTW - Were is the ban aggressive thread? I can't find it?

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

It's a closed thread in BfR. Aggressive was banned in Gridiron either yesterday or today.

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Sent you a PM BC. Lets try to take most of this out of open forums. I suggest you send CA a PM and let him know whats exactly going on. You are one of the most active players in TF and it would be awesome if somehow, someway we could get you to see how much fun it has been having you here and get you to stick around.

9. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I am closing this thread. I gave everybody a chance to use this feature. It was abused. So, I took the liberty of banning it so nobody could use it. I don't like the fact that BC would quit because of this issue. Whatever, its over, good luck BC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.