1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

my retirement

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

my retirement

I've decided to retire. I'm retiring because TF is banning aggressive. No matter what team I am, I will now allow 400-500 yards minimum passing in user games. Most users when they play user games called pass plays based on average 15-20% more in user games. This means that if you called pass plays 50% normally, you most likely called them 65-70% in user games. One guy who I played called pass plays around 50% normally in my user game called 85% passes. He was not Texas Tech. 85% pass plays is not sim.

I was allowing any where between 250-400 yards in user games using aggressive the amount I was using it, which averaged out to about 40%.

I think you are all a bunch of great guys and I had fun winning, and even losing has been fun. I was 8-7 in user games. Thanks to all of you for the advice on passing game, it has helped and I am seeing some improvement.

Please note the teams I am here in TF are:
    Pitt-they are a good team 2-1 (user)
    Cal-they are a good team 4-2 (user 3-2 with Washington 1-0 Cal)
    WKU-they suck, but I was getting more facemask penalties using normal than aggressive. I could not figure that out. 0-1 (user)
    Stanford-They are slow, but I liked the challenge. 0-3 (user)
    La Tech- decent team made noise with them 2-0 (user)

I wish you all the best.

Brian

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Nooo!!! You are an asset to this league and the TF community.

Banning aggressive? I just got home from work today but this is the first i've heard of it. I will have to snoop around the forums and find the thread, but as far as Bowl Busters is concerned, I want to let players play the way they like, whether aggressive or conservative. I also use aggressive in certain situations, and it has benefited me, but it has also hurt me. I don't see a reason why it should be banned. I am with you on this one. I will not let a team like Duke pass on me for 400+ yards. This game has its faults, and one of its fault is what I call "Madden Syndrome". You know, your up 17-15 with 40 seconds left and all of a sudden the team you shut down most of the game is completing passes into triple coverage. I think the aggressive and conservative play help balance the game.

I'll see whats up when I find the thread and try to find an alternative to banning it.

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

*Thread Closed*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.