my retirement

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

my retirement

I've decided to retire. I'm retiring because TF is banning aggressive. No matter what team I am, I will now allow 400-500 yards minimum passing in user games. Most users when they play user games called pass plays based on average 15-20% more in user games. This means that if you called pass plays 50% normally, you most likely called them 65-70% in user games. One guy who I played called pass plays around 50% normally in my user game called 85% passes. He was not Texas Tech. 85% pass plays is not sim.

I was allowing any where between 250-400 yards in user games using aggressive the amount I was using it, which averaged out to about 40%.

I think you are all a bunch of great guys and I had fun winning, and even losing has been fun. I was 8-7 in user games. Thanks to all of you for the advice on passing game, it has helped and I am seeing some improvement.

Please note the teams I am here in TF are:
    Pitt-they are a good team 2-1 (user)
    Cal-they are a good team 4-2 (user 3-2 with Washington 1-0 Cal)
    WKU-they suck, but I was getting more facemask penalties using normal than aggressive. I could not figure that out. 0-1 (user)
    Stanford-They are slow, but I liked the challenge. 0-3 (user)
    La Tech- decent team made noise with them 2-0 (user)

I wish you all the best.

Brian

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Nooo!!! You are an asset to this league and the TF community.

Banning aggressive? I just got home from work today but this is the first i've heard of it. I will have to snoop around the forums and find the thread, but as far as Bowl Busters is concerned, I want to let players play the way they like, whether aggressive or conservative. I also use aggressive in certain situations, and it has benefited me, but it has also hurt me. I don't see a reason why it should be banned. I am with you on this one. I will not let a team like Duke pass on me for 400+ yards. This game has its faults, and one of its fault is what I call "Madden Syndrome". You know, your up 17-15 with 40 seconds left and all of a sudden the team you shut down most of the game is completing passes into triple coverage. I think the aggressive and conservative play help balance the game.

I'll see whats up when I find the thread and try to find an alternative to banning it.

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

*Thread Closed*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.