my retirement

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Oct 30, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

my retirement

I've decided to retire. I'm retiring because TF is banning aggressive. No matter what team I am, I will now allow 400-500 yards minimum passing in user games. Most users when they play user games called pass plays based on average 15-20% more in user games. This means that if you called pass plays 50% normally, you most likely called them 65-70% in user games. One guy who I played called pass plays around 50% normally in my user game called 85% passes. He was not Texas Tech. 85% pass plays is not sim.

I was allowing any where between 250-400 yards in user games using aggressive the amount I was using it, which averaged out to about 40%.

I think you are all a bunch of great guys and I had fun winning, and even losing has been fun. I was 8-7 in user games. Thanks to all of you for the advice on passing game, it has helped and I am seeing some improvement.

Please note the teams I am here in TF are:
    Pitt-they are a good team 2-1 (user)
    Cal-they are a good team 4-2 (user 3-2 with Washington 1-0 Cal)
    WKU-they suck, but I was getting more facemask penalties using normal than aggressive. I could not figure that out. 0-1 (user)
    Stanford-They are slow, but I liked the challenge. 0-3 (user)
    La Tech- decent team made noise with them 2-0 (user)

I wish you all the best.

Brian

2. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The rule and then closing the discussion was pretty childish. Aggression and telling your players how to approach the game IS part of sim. I suspect i'll be booted out sooner or later by people complaining that i'm using it when im not just so they don't have to accept losing. Since there's no way to prove it... it'll be a few people's word against mine is how i see it. It's a shame that you have to leave, it's hard finding good people.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Wish u the best

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Shadow ....it seems you feel guilty for some reason. It was not childish. im not changing the rule..so what was their to discuss

5. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Bleh you were a good user....Agressive gameplan isnt really evil only agressive dline. Big hits means your gonna miss alot of tackles and strip is facemask its a win/loss depending if you want to use those...what i dont like is the INT option being taken away because passing is broken and if its not set even vs the cpu the db's will not go after the ball in the air. I figured that early in the game while playing online before tradition that knockdown gameplan or normal the DB's are stupid and when they do try they miss the damn ball 90% of the time...

But this does help me....ME and CP3 are the ones who are gonna benifit from this are we are pass oriented users...so Now its gonna be real hard stopping me now LAWLS

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Cp3 was one of the users I have lost 2 and he is a good player, he mixes his calls well. He even told me where I was screwed up on defense and told me 1 of the reasons why I was throwing interceptions on offense.

Cp3 is 2-0 against me too.

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Bk>I agree with shadow, here and in BfR the issue was never left for discussion. The thread was closed there and seems like it is closed here and we are always told to take it up in PMs with the comissioner. When that happens it seems like we get shot down.

Funny thing: I played Arizona my last game, I used balanced all but 2 drives on defense. Their QB lt me up for almost 400 yards, my team drops 9 of 11 incompletions. 8 they were wide open. The Arizona WRs were breaking tackles left and right. I blew a 28-7 lead and won on a blown Aggressive game plan call on their defense. No turnovers happened on either side.

8. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I love playing here and you know I got mad love for you bk but I agree this is going a little far. There are risks as well as benefits to the gameplans, just like in real football. I don't believe the use of these makes it non-sim. That being said I will continue to play here and by the rules but at the same time I could see me the same way shadow said, someone might get upset about losing because they threw four ints and claim I cheated. I have no way to prove otherwise and then where does that leave us? I hope everything turns out for the best.

9. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Gameplan was banned tradition wide lol so its kinda above us

10. DC

DC Shake n Bake

there are ways of figuring out who is doing what.

11. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Well I hope they have fully thought the risks of this decision. But I'm here for the long haul.

12. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Yea I didnt see it as a problem...only D_LIne agrressive really was a problem