my retirement

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by bcduggan, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

my retirement

I'm only posting it here because this goes with what I see as a game player and it should be shared.

I've decided to retire. I'm retiring because TF is banning aggressive. No matter what team I am, I will now allow 400-500 yards minimum passing in user games. Most users when they play user games called pass plays based on average 15-20% more in user games. This means that if you called pass plays 50% normally, you most likely called them 65-70% in user games. One guy who I played called pass plays around 50% normally in my user game called 85% passes. He was not Texas Tech, SMU, or Hawaii. 85% pass plays is not sim. This is not the CFL or the Arena Football where teams pass 80-95% of the time.

I was allowing any where between 250-400 yards in user games using aggressive the amount I was using it, which averaged out to about 40%.

I think you are all a bunch of great guys and I had fun winning, and even losing has been fun. I was 8-7 in user games. Thanks to all of you for the advice on passing game, it has helped and I am seeing some improvement.

Please note the teams I am/was here in TF are:
    Pitt-they are a good team 2-1 (user)
    Cal-they are a good team 4-2 (user 3-2 with Washington 1-0 Cal)
    WKU-they suck, but I was getting more facemask penalties using normal than aggressive. I could not figure that out. 0-1 (user)
    Stanford-They are slow, but I liked the challenge. 0-3 (user)
    La Tech- decent team made noise with them 2-0 (user)

I wish you all the best.

Brian

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Funny how we have banned all of that in The Deuce and have no problems.

it's a Slider issue on most of it, guys. It's not that hard to figure out. Use our sliders as a base set and tweak to the guys in your league.

BC,

If you had problems, did you bring it up to your commish?

I apologize if your experience here wasn't great, realisitc, or sim. I can't possibly know whats going on in every league, so feedback is critical.

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Drifter>Can sliders be adjusted in user games? That's where my issue lies.

I like these dynasties but if aggressive is taken away I feel like and know I can't compete in user games.

I did bring it up to the commissioners of 2 dynasties, I even used statistical analysis to prove my point but was told the analysis does not matter.

I can prove numbers in the paragraph stating users throw more in user games to be accurate, at least in the games I have played.

I really think the guys here are great, I have no problems with any of the members here.

Brian

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yes. Turn user RB ability down to zero and see how well you can run against the CPU or Users.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

In user/user games don't sliders reset to default?

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    No. Try my previous example.

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

how can sliders be adjusted for user vs user games?

The reason I ask is in most user vs user games I play the Dlineman get at least 1 int a game, some even 1 handed

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

that's your F'n problem, you probably speed rush off the edge every play. Learn how to play with the safety and maybe you wouldn't have such a hard time defending the pass. People who play with the D line every play are basically letting the opponent play against the CPU and their play calls.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I usually use a DT

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

People who play LB or S usually move 2 or 3 players every play for better position.

11. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

so far from true..... not sure who you play or what league your in... but this aint even remotely true..

12. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I play DLINE every play, but when the ball is thrown I switch to a DB. I never let the CPU play any part of the game for me.

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

If I was 15-0 in trad user/user games and aggressive game plan on defense was the reason why, then I would agree with you Murky.

However, I am 8-7, most of my wins were against users that thought the NCAA was the training ground for the CFL or Arena Football.

I would say most of my losses are against some of the top sim players trad has. Some of them that I have beaten and have beaten me have used aggressive game plan. I consider it a part of the game.

14. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

In half of the user games I have played here in trad I have seen it done, never complain about it because it usually puts the player out of position for the play.

15. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I think you are overreacting a little bit bro. I dont know who your playing but if you felt guys were taking advantage of some AI, go to your commish, and if you dont get your answer there go on up the ladder. It seems like you really like the game man, being in 5 leagues and all, and I know taking an L sucks, maybe you should just take some time to cool off a bit, maybe gameplan against that spread O.

16. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

What defense do you use BC? A good way to combat heavy pass attacks i have found is to build your recruiting so you have speedy OLB's. Run 3-4 defense and have one audible to a 3-3-5 play. If they come out in shotgun go ahead and audible to your 3-3-5 play and use formation audible to your "cup of tea" defensive play. It's tough to deal with without those settings but believe me man it can be done without the aggressive settings. Also use the right set of conservative settings and it will work in your favor.

In my opinion the 3-4 is the best defense to run if used to perfection. Being able to blitz from anywhere is an advantage that can only be taken care of by experienced players (Or almost anyone using Florida).

I play in OFFL East and Coast2Coast currently. I think I'm 3-4 combined in those leagues right now. and I've only been all out slaughtered once: by USC (Morsdraconis). The other games I nearly come back and won.

Don't give up until you try different things man.

17. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

This has nothing to do with wins or losses, it never has. I would like to believe I had good rep in all the dynasties I was in on here. I just want to be competitive in user games.

Because of how users play offense on here, using aggressive game plan on defense allowed me that opportunity. I can't help the simple facts that I see in user vs user games.

1>Users tend to throw more in user vs user games, That number averages around 15-20% more. High end was 35% more. That user called 6 running plays 31 pass plays for an 85% pass play calling.

2>Users tend to throw deep more against another user.

3>Users tend to lock on 1 receiver. I think that's in general.

4>Users do not use conservative game plan on offense. If they did they would eliminate most fumbles.

I know I am not the only one that is/was using it, I just am the more vocal one about using it.

18. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I usually use a 4-3 defense, I don't audible on defense unless it's LB blitz/zone, DBs up/back. I don't know one play from another.

I joined 3 of the 5 dynasties in year 2, so I missed out on the recruiting in year one.

The thing that bothers me is that the reasons I was given for it being banned was the excessive amount of turnovers caused/excessive sacks allowed, but if teams stopped thinking that they could throw at will, aggressive game plan would not have as much merit. Also, in most of the games I won, the other team came back from 14-21 down to make it a 1 possession game.

19. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

1. If you were 14-0 would you have made three or four retirement posts? Just wondering.

2. Do not stereotype TF has a whole with your statements. "Because of how users play offense on here"....I can guarantee that statement is false.

3. "That user called 6 running plays 31 pass plays for an 85% pass play calling." Yes this is not a good ratio, but this is one game. Did you communicate this things with your other league mates? If you cant discuss openly with your commish or your other dynasty members about what is going on.....then everybody is in the dark.

4. "Users tend to throw deep more against another user." Yes user will throw deep against each other. One reason is because human contolled defense are naturally more aggressive. What do you do against aggressive defense, you go deep when you have single coverage. Do you back your safties up? Do you shade your safties? Do you use highlight the offensive player? It's also an ego thing. I want to get 10-15 yards a play not 3-4 yards a play.

5. "Users tend to lock on 1 receiver. I think that's in general" NOT TRUE....the best players on here are the best at NOT locking on to one receiver. Mo, JR, they can find an open receiver anywhere anytime. If you only look at one receiver you miss so many opportunities. Lawdog will beat you by hitting the mismatch off the line of scrimmage w/i .9 seconds. You have to be able to look at the WHOLE field not just one receiver.

Not trying to pick on you, but some of the things in your statements don't mesh with the guys that i have played. It is a different game going from the CPU to another user. Users find weakness in a heartbeat, while the CPU doesn't. I know i have comeback from 28 points down against users, and i know that i have lost big leads because i couldn't change my gameplan. It's all about adjusting to your opponent and getting them out of their gameplan.

20. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

1)I retired from 5 dynasties, after pming back and forth with 2 commissioners about this.

2)You are right I should not stereotype all TF users that way. I am 7-0 against TF users that call pass plays over 60% of time. I am 1-7 against those that run the ball above 45% of the time. 2 users I have played 2x, I am 2-0 against 1, 0-2 against the other.

3>I did not bring it up in the dynasty or the commissioner, mainly because outside of that there really was nothing wrong with his play.

4>Against those pass happy, deep ball throwers, I only rushed 4 guys usually, LBs played zone, I don't remember the CB/S play. I know the LBs were zone because I used the R1 R stick audible for it.

5>Most users I played focused on one receiver most of the game. That is true. Some users, Jfunk, Sdid, Cp3 come to mind off the top of my head, didn't focus on 1 at all. They also attempted to try to run the ball too though. Most that I have played focus on 1 usually till late 3rd quarter.

21. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Shouldn't of posted public bro, should of kept this in your dynasty's house. With that said, for the guys here that don't know BC, he is one of the most dedicated members around in all of his dynasty's. Whether or not you agree with what he says, don't turn this into a hate/flame board.

With that said, any problems like the ones above need to be kept within the dynasty's you are in. Make sure to contact you Commish's and let them know whats going on. If you have problems with rules/users, bringing them up to your commish is the best way to go. We have a commish's private forums for a reason... rules, sim play and ect and all discussed and voted on there.

*Requesting Lock*

22. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

It is a shame that it has come to this BC. That you feel that you have to quit over gameplay. To be in 5 leagues it shows that you like the game. It must be very time consuming. I know being in one is a lot. I really think that just like someone said above you need to cool off and look at it differently. Some things I have learned about this community is 1.)It is very proud of its standing (as well it should be) in the world of sim sports gaming and 2.)They are very good at communicating and discussing differences in playing styles and working to get a sim style of football. I think if you step back and communicate with your commish's what your problem is and discuss some changes that could be made you would feel better than just quiting and loosing all that time you put into your 5 leagues.

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Your wish is my command, flex.

Sorry you feel the way you do BC, there are 500+ members here and the decisions that are made in league rules are made democratically.

24. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i will just say this...

if you really like this community as much as you say you do, you would try and work within the framework of the system to make your point. Not all dynasty's have banned Aggressive gameplanning, so find one that allows it and play there, what's so difficult about that?

that's why we give SOME leeway to commish's to brand their leagues with a bit of their own flavor so that guys have a little bit of variety to choose from.

just quitting solves nothing, especially if you really think this is where you want to play ball for now and in the future. All this tracking of who you beat and what they did, versus who beat you and what they did, it all seems a bit manic... just find a group of guys you like and play some ball and have some fun. Don't get your ass over your shoulders about shit... hell i gave up 400+ yards to a CPU controlled Ohio State in a bowl game.. went down 42-7... fought all the way back to tie it, only to lose it in the last minutes of the game.... doesn't make me want to quit though, makes me want to work on my defense.

You need to understand that there are good players here, and your going to lose, your going to give up huge chunks of yards at times... that's just the way it is. I can guarentee you though, the more you work at it, ask for advice and start to scheme to stop it, you will see results.

My advice is to cool off, because in my experience, dedicated guys like you who love the game won't be able to stay away... and you will wish you hadn't have dropped out in the first place...

25. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

HEY NOW!!!! I resemble that remark....!!! :HoosierHoo:

aaahhheem... i think "good" is being kind. Do you read "The Tradition" forums... we may be entertaining, but i dunno if we are "good" at communicating..lol. F you Helli...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.