My "Road to the Show" Journey...

Discussion in 'MLB: The Show' started by Bradkaz96, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Ok so I thought I would create a place where people can come and talk about their Road to the show careers. I have always found this aspect of the game enjoyable and quick to play through.

I created my player as a power hitting Shortstop (2nd position is 2B) and entered the draft. I was taken by the Royals and thrown into their Double-A affiliate. It didnt take me long to get promoted to the Triple-A squad but I was a utility player and not seeing much action. I was doing alright in spot duty but not gaining enough attribute points to make my guy better or meeting my goals only getting like 4-5 starts in my goal advancement period.

At the end of the season I was demoted back to AA after failing to meet my goals and stealing bases with no "green light". This really upset me because I was looking forward to the playoffs but didn't get a chance to play in them at the AAA level because I was demoted. I finished the season batting a .280 with just 4 homeruns and 19 RBIs. it wasn't that horrible concidering I spent the early part of the year on the AA team and was seeing only spot duty.

In the off-season I was tendered a contract by the Royals which I had no choice but to accept. It was a 1-year deal worth 89k as an AAA utility player. I was hoping for an everyday starter role to gain more attribute points but that didnt happen just yet so utility it was. After about a month and a half of utility playmy carrer took a huge turn of events. I had been traded to the Boston Red Sox orginization for a Closing pitcher (I forgot the name, but it wasnt Pappelbon) and another player.

So after seeing this report pop up on my screen my first thought was..."Great the already have Lowrie and Scutaro, damn"... Until I looked at the roster and both of those guys had been moved so the oppurtunity at the big league level had opened up. Not that I was close to that yet but it did make me smile a little.

So I was a utility player when I first arrived in Pawtucket, after my next advancement period I was promoted to an everyday starter and I have been mashing it ever since. Were almost to the all-star break and Im batting a .357 with 16 Homeruns and 41 RBIs. Just waiting for my shot at "The Show".

• Like Like x 1
  2. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I created a guy as well. Haven't played as much as I would like, but I created a pitcher who is playing AA ball for the Los Angeles Dodgers affiliate the Chattanooga Lookouts. Right now I am an 18 year old reliever just trying to crack the rotation. Putting up sold numbers right now in relief and on the cusp of joining the rotation.

3. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I was traded to the Rough Riders and now I am a starter (finally) about 3/4 of the way into my first season. Looking to make AAA next season.