My thoughts on the title game

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

1. I find it amusing that I told you that you were a better runner than passer a long time ago (which you steadfastly denied) and you beat me with the run. We just couldn't stop it. A few too many powers and counters for my taste (not that that's all you ran) but hey I said those don't give me fits and you proved me dead wrong. If it weren't for the way you were running the ball I never would have sold out like I did allowing the game winning TD play. I was thinking blitz them so they don't get into a running down.

2. Best defense I've played against since Wisconsin two-three years ago (when they shut me out) and Rusty in any year.. Great play calling it was ugly how many times I was hit while still dropping back, or how many balls bounced off Purdue hands. Seemed like my LT was just out to lunch today, the DE ran right by him several times.

3. My wife decided to let the baby cry right outside my door for the entire first half. What is it with her? This is a baby that literally never cries unless you just ignore her for 20 minutes. I think this is an attempt to get me to stop playing video games.. And fuck, it might work at this rate.

4. I can't kick field goals any more and I don't know what the problem is. At least once a game it won't let me hike the ball... Then it will randomly snap it AFTER I stop trying. What are you gonna do. Can't wait for 2012... Although I saw it happen in that demo too... I think it might be related to the massive amount of content I have on my disk drive or something... If it's not for that this game is tied at the end... I haven't forgotten you lost to me because of a FG SNAFU so we're even.

5. At the end yes I screwed up the clock... I went "conservative" trying to save time... conserve? save? lol....ugh. But after all the ugly plays I had at the end there... I was just ready to get it over with. That would have been a really lame win with bouncing 10 balls off Purdue hands then going down the field to tie it or something stupid like that.

Great win and congrats on your first T1 title man. I hope it's the last.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

entertaining to say the least....it was poised for a typical Huskie win but shades of the old cocky showed up at the end there.....on and 3rd and 1 Riley hits Crooks for a 1 handed 48 yard td....wow.

Hellisan experienced some major technical difficulties on the sideline....running old mics and windows ME....time to upgrade!

good game boys and another great NCAA Dynasty!

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Oh yeah a fuck you Purdue for dropping all those INTS....i should post the video of our last game...it was like a fucking vacuum of interceptions...smh.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ah that's what it was... Ok yeah I was selling out to stop the run on THAT play... bad recall. I was in a fog today admittedly....

Crooks has always been our nemesis every time we've played him since Crooks has been there he has KILLED US.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I think the pick by the FS and the subsequent runback might be the best defensive play I've made during NCAA 11. Too bad it was for nothing.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah you were playing low manually with dingle and he had enough time where he found crooks wide open....riley almost fucked up the throw.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

BS it was an amazing run back and allowed you to change the game....he was moving the ball effortlessly on that drive and made one of the dumbest decisions in a NC game. If he scores on that drive you would have been down 10 at some point

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Did we win? lol

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

JMS ANSWER ME GOD DAMNIT!!!!!

:D

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

no...

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

then it was for nada.

12. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Great game Helli. I really thought I gave the game away with that pick 6. Really I felt comfortable all game but had 3 bad picks. Had it not been for my defense making stops I would've been playing behind all game. Sucked to lose Sampson early in the game but Matthews stepped up along with the o-line. The game winning TD was just a beauty, I was looking short field on that play and Crooks was probably my 4th read. I saw him hit an open pocket down field. Riley almost overthrew it but Crooks made the sick one handed catch while the safety made a horrible int attempt. I was confused at the end of the game when the clock ran out but it all makes sense now.

Finally I got a title! I was entering Buffalo JMS territory ;)

Can't wait to start it back all up in a few weeks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

BTW, please don't let this thread stop you from writing an official game summary if you want... It's jut that I'll be unavailable tomorrow until later in the day so I wanted to comment on it...

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I'll try to write something up tomorrow, depending on how busy it is at work.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ONE FOR THE BROTHAS! LOL

but good win HotRod, no ColdRod anymore!

16. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I'll try to work on a vid over the weekend.

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The kicking thing turned out to be a controller issue of some kind... If it doesn't work, all I have to do is click the right stick and it fixes it... WEIRD!

Playing Call of Duty constantly, you'd think an issue with the right stick would have sprouted up, like when I couldn't aim...