My Week 1 Game

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by stylez777, Oct 5, 2009.

1. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

My Week 1 Game

I had to play this game twice due to the fact that the first time I was playing during the 4th Quarter the stupid power went out in my house and killed what would have been a dominating victory over #20 Cal.

So I woke up this morning and played it a second time (since I wasn't up to playing it last night at 3 am) and I had to luck out a 23-13 victory where Cal was playing a super defensive game the whole way through! I swear I never been shutdown like that vs the CPU my entire life! All my WR were blanketed my HB couldn't get out of the backfield most of the time, my QB was under constant pressure and missed open WR when he had them. Still in the 4th Quarter we were able to sustain a drive or 2 make a few key 3rd down conversions and score 14 points to take the 10pt victory.

FSU is now setting it's sights on going home to welcome LSU in what could be a good early season battle

2. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Whatever the sliders are set at I just played the most ridiculous, unrealistic game I have ever played on here. Purdue beat me 30-23 at ND, Jimmy Clausen threw 7, yes 7 INT's as guys came out of nowhere to catch every ball they touched, and I rushed 24 times for 17 yards as the small Purdue defensive lineman just tossed my much superior O-line to the side and consistently hit my RB's in the backfield. What a shame to start the year off on this sour note. There is no way the sliders are dialed in right as that was just whack.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

YOu know I probably forgot to reset the sliders after we had to start over in the offseason. I'll check it out when I get online next, and then I'll search the forums for the thread that has the sliders in it.

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I don't see how the 7 INT's are unrealistic. He is a Clausen...

5. Juggernautblitz

I find that funny today but last night I would have smashed my computer to bits had I read that. I was so mad I couldn't talk to my family.
    Something was not right about that game. I don't mind getting beat but the way I lost was really messed up. I think the D only got their hands on 1 pass that they didn't intercept, their pathetic D line was on top of Clausen quickly on almost every pass, and my RB's were met head on a yard or two behind the line on probably 50% of my runs. It is what it is but for the Purdue D to perform like the 2007 USC defense or something was just comical.

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I knew you were pissed thats why i waited lol. But I know exactly what you are talking about. I played my bowl game in Coast2Coast against Penn State and Mount Cody got trucked by a runningback that didnt have that high of a truck rating. The game goes on Juggernaut mode sometimes.

7. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

It's the Sliders. When we had to rehost the league from when we had that recruting mishap during the off-season all sliders and penalties got reverted back to 50. 50 sliders makes the CPU QB and a god. They won't miss passes and your going to throw a lot of INT's.

We need to change them back before week 2.

8. Juggernautblitz

Does it also jack with our O-line abilities or make the CPU D-line supermen? If not, I may need to rethink my switch to the Irish cause something was fishy in Denmark with the line play. ND with a big hill to climb this year.

9. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

ya the sliders affect every aspect of the game. Like for instance with the INT sliders being at 50 right now compared to most slider sets which have it at 10 or 15. Being at 50 makes the DB attack the ball more and basically make stupid crazy INT's like MLB making 1 handed INT's stuff like that.

These are sliders I use in my offline dynasty that seem to work very well give them a shot in few offline games see what you guys think:

Offense- HUM/CPU
    QB Acc- 35/35
    (No more robo CPU and your QB will play more to his ability)
    Pass Blocking- 50/0
    WR Catching- 45/45
    RB Ability- 50/60
    Run Blocking- 50/50
    (this stat is funny cause if you set it to 55 RB for the CPU your going to see them taking Kick-off returns to the house a LOT as they pancake your guys. Set it to 50 and it's normal.)

Defense- HUM/CPU
    Pass Coverage- 95/65
    (I find this to balance out perfectly, especially since the CPU is going to get a good pass rush on you now, it works out well.)
    Pass Rush- 95/45
    Interceptions- 5/0
    (this slider is VERY important! It affects guys going for INT. Set this higher the CPU will make unrealistic INT's but also go for INT when they should swat a pass down. On your side your CPU controlled DB will go for the swat in the right situations instead of jumping for an INT in a bad spot.)
    Rush Defense- 35/35 (this looks low but works well on the AA difficulty. Stats come out pretty close to what they should on the ground. Few problems though is playbooks. Some playbooks are set up to run the ball better then others and can't be fixed with sliders to give you a good number for the majority. I found this to be the best balance and if you don't use run commit when playing vs the CPU the CPU should be able to run the ball well enough to make it pretty realistic)
    Tackling- 50/55

Special Teams- HUM/CPU
    FG Pwr- 35/35-
    (You could do 40/40 but in my opinion with 35 the kickers who have the powerful leg are going to max out at 50-52 yards which in college is about the limit and that is for some very rare guys in real college football)
    FG Acc - 35/40 (Let's face it FG kicking is easy. Aim the arrow hit the right stick up and down perfectly and your FG kickers accuracy doesn't affect anything. Having this set at 35 lowers the room for error when using the right stick and also if your FG has lower accuracy it will affect that even more making it hard to convert a FG. If you put the CPU down to 35 you'll see they miss a lot of Extra Points so 40 is good for them.)
    Punt Pwr- 40/40
    Punt Acc- 55/55
    Kickoff Pwr- 55/55
    (this should send some into the endzone, prob not enough for touchbacks unless their is wind or your kicker has a booming leg, but this helps cause of how the CPU blocks on kick-offs. Your avg starting spot in the end will be about the avg for college football.)

Penalties (from top to bottom)