My wife's pregnant again

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Goose, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Goose

Goose Walk On

And it's with great regret that I announce my resignation from The Ohio State University. It's no secret that my contributions here have dwindled in the past few months, and that's not acceptable for a premier league here at TSO. My wife has already expected me to do more crap around the house and I feel that my presence will be even more sparse. The events of this morning in no way effected this decision, this was going to be my last season here regardless. I've really enjoyed most of my time here in TDL/SimNation and look forward to play all of you in the future sometime. Who know's maybe if you have room in '13 I'll be back.

Thanks

Goose

Let the ball bustin' commence but keep it clean. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Goose, you'll be missed. It's fitting that you depart bearing an important message for all us child-less contributors.

[​IMG]

Congrats on the kid!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Who the hell played as Ohio State last night?

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

Not I.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Why? Please elaborate for those of us not seeing the results at work.

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Thought I saw an email last night for an Ohio St game, maybe not.

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Oh, Didn't they play PSU so that might be why you got the email since Loaf is with us.

9. Goose

Goose Walk On

How bad did Loaf win? I was hoping Arch would be able to switch to the Buckeyes for the game.

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

Oh yeah forgot about PSU. I think he won by a couple of TD.

11. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Arch' switched over to Ohio State as soon as Goose left, but I put him on auto so Loaf could play the CPU last night.

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

Cool. Thanks, hopefully I didn't screw him too bad with my recruiting. But knowing that special Koo-Aid Arch is throwing around he'll be ok.

13. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

I got SPANKED by the computer, it was what I like to call a "No F**king Way Game".... Couldn't do anything and couldn't stop them, I was and still am embarrassed....

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

They are a very, very good team.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

You will get better. Here is my suggestion...do you play offline at all? If so why don't you start an Dynasty, or change your current dynasty's sliders to those in SimNation. I struggled alot with this game early this year, I lost three times to the cpu in two seasons. So I know your pain. You need to play these sliders offline and play them against GOOD teams. Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Pitt (for the rivalry jack-up) that will help.

16. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

This is good advice. However, even the most seasoned guys get run sometimes. Last year, Pitt got me in consecutive seasons. F-ing hate Pitt. It's a Mark May thing.

Looks like a bunch of Goose's class signed last night after the game. It'll still be tough to get a really good class, but it won't be a bust.

I thought stepping aside would be the best thing, given the fact I already played a game as ND in the same week, but it looks like it ended up being one of those CPu gotcha games that everyone has been on the wrong end of a time or two.

17. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Nah. It'll be fine. I only had one recruit signed coming in, but five more signed last night. All six are top 150, one is a bonus, and another top 150 is close. At worst, it'll be a top heavy class, but I can't complain. Seven top 150 guys is huge for a five star.

18. Goose

Goose Walk On

and one of those is the 6'6 beast WR.