Name Your Play Style

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by ChaoticUT, Jun 30, 2012.

1. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

We're a little less than 2 weeks out so I thought we could get some conversation going on what everyone is gonna plan on running for '13! We don't need all the bells and whistles but a little insight into what your thinking about using.

For the sake of easy reading lets keep it in a format like this:

Offense- Type
    A little info here

Defense- Type
    A little info here

bamagrad
    capp34
    fordtuff504
    HAL9100
    John Crow
    JVrazorback
    maij17
    Sabo
    OnIowa
    tbishop82
    uagrad90

2. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Offense- Option

Ran the triple for a large part '12 and enjoyed it a lot. With the overhual of the spread option I'll probably try to incorporate more of that in the mix. I think the biggest challenge is going to be finding a way to mix the under center triple with the shotgun read stuff and for it to seem smooth and not all junky and cheesy.

Defense- 4-2-5

I was always a 4-3 guy but dabbled in the 4-2-5 a little last release. I'm really liking the idea of being able to recruit the triple threat athletes for the SS positions.

3. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Offense - I'm likely going to use the offensive playbook that the school I take over uses. Just the way I've always done it. I tried a custom playbook last year and wasn't too happy with it and some of the issues with it. If I try it again at that for NCAA '13 though, I've always preferred a run heavy, pound it down the defense's throat, type of offense. So that would probably be what I would go for.

Defense - 4-3. Shouldn't be a shocker for anyone I've played which is most of you guys. I played a 4-3 defense in High School. It's what I know and I'm good at running it. I wish they had some variations to it like running a Tampa 2 but they don't.

4. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

*reserved

5. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Offense - Air Raid

Haven't decided on which Air Raid PB, its down to three (Wazzu, UCLA, La Tech), but I plan on never running the ball :). Biggest thing for me is sticking to the core concepts in user games, got away from them the last couple of games at the end of '12.

Defense - 3-4/3-3-5

Going to have a custom with both playbooks, players will dictate which system will be the base defense.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  6. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Offense - Depends Spread Run or Tried and True West Coast

If after getting the game if I can run the Zone read and such vs the CPU on Heisman I will go Power Spread run. IF I cant its back to under center and the West Coast.

Defense - 3-4/3-3-5

Going back to my reliable 34 but will use a little 335 as my nickle package. Basically I'm going with an odd man front.

7. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Offense - Typically just go with the team I am usings playbook, will probably do that again

Defense - 4-3, what I did all of last year and will stay the same

8. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Offense Plan as of now is to run the I. Might toy with some triple option.
    Defense 4-3

9. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

I've always preferred the 4-3, but used the 3-4 with UGA and struggled with it, but finally started to like it more. So now I'd say 3-4 on defense and pro set on offense. Mostly 2 backs with a tightend.

10. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Offense- I ran Triple option in High School, whether I use that as an offense depends on how 13 reacts to it. Mostly Last 3 releases I run a heavy run based attack. Have Dabbled with the Spread some, but always come back to the Run. Melt The Clock make the game shorter.

Defense- Was always a 4-3 Defense specially in 09,10,11. 12 with the improved zone defense i was able to use the 3-4 with better results then in 09-11 releases. So will use the 3-4 as my base D.

11. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Offense - Well as all of you Z2H vets know im a ground pounder when it comes to the offense. I as always will be looking to get my passing game going but will most llikely rely on a very strong run game.

Defense - Last year I worked alot with the 3-3-5 & 4-2-5 so this year may be more of the same. I really liked being able to throw a lot of different looks at an offense to keep them on their toes.