Named Roster Glitch

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Goose, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Goose

Goose Walk On

2. TJM

TJM Walk On

It does hurt our guys though as we only control 1 and their characteristic dictates the rest (not just QB scramble but hard hitting secondary, pass rushing DE DTs, coverage linebackers, etc..). That is why we have 57spd QBs running on us instead of Denard Robinsons running on us, makes sense now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Yeah it stinks, but at least the QB's take off sometimes this year if they see some open green! But I hate when I see QB's with 57 speed scrambling for 30 yards on one play though!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Goose

Goose Walk On

I know my premier league went ahead and started after learning of the glitch. I'm not really sure if it will effect recruits but I don't think it should.

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

sounds like a restart in a few weeks for that one...

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

Buckeye02 said at OS he thinks the rosters will have to be renamed after the patch. He doesn't think that the patch will fix rosters already named.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

man how pissed would you be to put in all that work and have to do it all over again.

8. TJM

TJM Walk On

From a Pre-Release reviewer over on Operation Sports:

"Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumble14

Ok, I spent the majority of my night playing the game with unnamed rosters on default AA and the difference in gameplay is like night and day IMO. After playing my review copy for roughly 2 weeks before I downloaded the named rosters, I have been noticing something "off" regarding gameplay that I couldn't quite put my finger on. I simply chalked the different feel of the game up to slider tweaks I had made post named rosters. Specific issues I was noticing post named download that I did not see in my review time with the game were as follows:

-Scrambling QB's like Michigan #16 would sit in the pocket under pressure, ignore open lanes, and wait to be sacked
    -CPU and Human linebackers were jumping to make ridiculous one handed INT's, and swats
    -Special teams blocking for both user and CPU seemed poor
    -CPU small "speed" backs were lowering the boom on my lineman and LB's
    -User safeties could pick off the deep ball at will utilizing the over the shoulder catch
    -It seemed as if every hit the CPU would put on my player would be a hit stick smash--gone was the tackle variety I was seeing pre roster (perhaps due to more player's being classified "hard hitters"?)

Erased named rosters, played roughly 6 games on default All American last night, and like magic the game plays like it did during my review process. It's hard to explain exactly what I was seeing, with the best description being that the CPU simply played a smarter, more realistic game.

-If a CPU QB was listed as a scrambler they would scramble at every opportunity, making split second decisions on whether or not to run from the pocket (See attached DRob video). This made playing against Michigan, Miami, and default roster Ohio State a blast--kept me on my toes.

- Linebackers no longer had 48" vertical leaps
    - Special teams play had opened up. The CPU was able to break off some solid returns and I was able to do the same.
    -Speed backs no longer lower the boom--the touted momentum tackling contact system looks to be back in place--if a big player hits a speed back they will react accordingly if they can not juke out of the tackle.
    -User safeties were no longer able to maneuver behind CPU WR's to make the auto pick. Also this may be placebo but it seemed like DB's with their back turned toward a receiver could also no longer initiate an automatic jumping pick attempt by pressing the "Y" button. Awareness seemed to be tied to the player being able to see the ball--no more eyes in the back of their head.
    -The variety of multiple hit tackle animations and broken tackle animations was greatly increased

I HIGHLY recommend deleting the rosters and waiting for the patch if you have been frustrated by any of the above issues. Very happy this issue was brought to my attention. As I said the game has felt off to me the past week, and I never thought to correlate that to the downloading of new rosters.

There has to be some issue with certain tendencies, coupled with certain players ratings, making them play a certain style that is flawed. Whether it be blocking, tackling, scrambling, route running, coverage, and INT's, the overall game simply does not play as smart as it did pre rosters."

Also recruits coming on also have this problem

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

...crap

damage control?

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Crap is right

11. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Speaking of crap! The game froze on highlight number four for me last night. Try as i would to press X to cancel it just kept on trying to download it. Welp after a half an hour of this same screen i make the decision to turn off the game it is not going to right it self it seems. To my horror this morning i turn on the game to check and see if has been advanced and low and behold my recruiting board is reset to the begging of the week yet i have 0 hours left to recruit screwing up my five visits i had coming and five more i had scheduled all of which make up my top ten players i need. I can only hope this shitshow gets cleaned up after the advance or my biggest recruiting week of the year just got fucked raw dog.

12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

well I want you all to know that right now, the commish and I are in deep converasation to rectify this situation asap....will keep you posted....

(I sent him a text stating, "Now what do we do"...He replied...."No idea, U?"

the wheels of progress are moving boys

• Like Like x 1
  13. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Reading this and starting the HOFL today!.....some questions;

1. How reliable is the reviewer? Any other confirmations?

2. It would seem that finishing the season, with the coming patch (es) and then downloading the corrected rosters would be a safe approach...

This is new to me so I may be thinking way short of what needs to be done...if anything?

14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Well the issue is that after the patch, only new new named rosters will be correct. I don't think the patch would/will be able to fix our current set.

15. TJM

TJM Walk On

16. TJM

TJM Walk On

This and its confirmed from lots of people. Yours truly last night looking over the rosters. Supposedly incoming recruits are outta wack too. I dunno if this means that Bucks or 90s needs to redo their entire roster or not?

17. TJM

TJM Walk On

luvtothe9 is restarting his entire rosters from scratch now according to his Twitter, blaming EA (why shouldnt he lol).

18. Goose

Goose Walk On

He basically said he quit earlier on his forum.

19. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

lol, what a circus

20. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

holding pattern for us right now then? or do we forge ahead?

21. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

well i would at least like to keep playing. im having fun. we will see when more info comes out. whatever the case, we are all awesome.

22. TJM

TJM Walk On

From OS: if we do not do any edits ever again such as changing anything with our incoming recruits, they will stay the same tendancy. So a WR with big bulky pads and a linemans facemasks gotta stay, same with jersey numbers. Any ratings discrepancies with our recruits all need to stay the same. At least that is the rumor

23. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

So what happens if we changed something, all player tendencies go out of whack?

24. TJM

TJM Walk On

I think if we do any edits to a player then their specific tendency gets screwed, not all of them, but I could be mistaken. Hopefully EA can patch future rosters (such as incoming recruits) as our named rosters (or anyones in the world right now) are screwed.