Named Roster Glitch

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by BlyGilmore, Jul 22, 2011.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

In case you haven't seen some of the leagues talking about this ...

http://www.operationsports.com/news...-confirmed-patch-to-address-concerns/?page=33

apparently there's a glitch in the game where editing a players name causes their tendency to change. So a QB like Denard Robinson goes from Scrambler to Balanced, apparently changing his AI in the process and how he plays on the field.

IMO some of the "findings" are likely the result of folks looking at games too hard and no doubt come from the same people who'll argue to death that EA has a secret comeback code in the game placed there just to frustrate players.

I'm also sure before the end of the day somebody will blame the Kennedy Assassination on this bug. But it does seem to have an impact on how games are played with named rosters.

Good news for leagues is this should play it self out over the course of a couple of years, since most of the named guys will be graduated by the end of year two. And EA apparently will patch this - but it might take a few weeks for it to be pushed out.

my question is does editing equipment or numbers inside a franchise also cause this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

And in all honesty...I haven't seen the glitch or anything funny with QB's or other player traits...there still scrambling for yards when they need too.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    JrRawlins would disagree that this exists. BJ Daniels ran all over his junk to the tune of 140 yards.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

That's good to know... Some of the guys in The Pride are pretty worried about it and suggesting we wait or use auto-generated rosters... I don't want to do either.

5. Iron Mickey

All the guys on my roster might as well be name generated...I dont know these small school fuckers

• Like Like x 1
  6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

LOL... Yeah, but in the Pride, it defeats the purpose/foundation of the league to have auto-generated names there...

7. Iron Mickey

Use your imagination! :D

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

gay

• Like Like x 1
  9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Has anyone noticed this screwing with pipelines? I have Utah in an OD and am not getting pipeline bonuses for Utah or Texas. I have 8 players from TX on the roster and 20+ from Utah as well it being the home state. It says "new for next year" at the pipeline screen.

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I did notice that my Miami(OH) pipelines were weird in C2C.

11. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State's were messed up on '11. Might be a glitch with that state- it always gave me TN instead of UT for pipelines.

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The difference between scramblers and balanced is so night and day that I think what you're seeing is guys scrambling that are supposed to be "balanced" but are bugged to "scrambler."

Here's what I just did. I played a game against Oregon using the OS community rosters. I called mostly 3 and 4 man rushes and called a lot of "play the pass." I just supersimmed my offense and only played defense. I played 3 quarters. I then did the same thing with the default rosters.

Here's what the "balanced" QB from the named rosters Darron Thomas did to me:
    [​IMG]

11 of those 12 carries was either an option play or a sack. He only scrambled once, but that was a sack also as he didn't get back to the LOS.
    So, the balance Thomas scrambled once in 3 quarters. He also threw 5 picks in this game as he kept forcing the ball into heavy coverage instead of tucking and running.

Now, below is what the "scrambler" QB #1 did to me. I played the same defenses as before.

[​IMG]

9 of those 12 carries were scrambles. The other 3 were either sacks or option runs and neither of his options made it back to the LOS.

So, in conclusion, with everything else being equal, the same guy who's a scrambler scrambled 9 times in 3 quarters while he only attempted to scramble once in 3 quarters while bugged as a balanced QB. In my eyes, that's pretty conclusive. EA finally has some good QB scramble logic in the game. Now we just need for them to apply that logic to the correct guys (which they do on the default rosters, but not on any edited rosters.

14. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

probably thinks UT is University of Tennessee instead of Utah

15. Steamer43

Ya now that I think about it I was never able to get Texas as a pipeline either. I think it was an issue with all Utah schools.

16. jello1717

I'm playing as Utah in an OD this year and despite having double digit players from Utah and Texas, they're not listed as pipelines. My hope was that this was just a 1st year glitch and that I'd get them as pipelines in year 2. Are you saying that this bug persists throughout the whole dynasty?

It's also weird that this is an OD specific bug since in a test offline dynasty, I had the correct pipelines as Utah.

17. Steamer43

Ya all I know for sure is what happened to me on '11. I was the Utah State Aggies and I started with Tennessee pipeline and later on in the dynasty i specifically recruited Utah and Texas hard and never got a pipeline through 9 seasons. I had no idea it was an actual bug until I saw someone complaining on OperationSports and then I threw a big shitfit. I can't believe they didn't fix it.

18. jello1717

I've simmed a test OD to season 2 and UT and TX were both still bugged.