Named Rosters

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigBodySS, Jul 13, 2011.

1. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

2. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I'll take a look... Dunno how much much help it'll be considering there are 100+ teams :)

3. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I think we should wait for the OS community rosters, those always seem to be the best 360 dynasty rosters and itll be out in a couple of days I figure

4. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

That would be fine with me, I need time to adjust to the new game anyway. I'm having the hardest time tackling anyone. My guys just run next to the ball carrier without wrapping or engaging; I guess that's the side effect of no "suction" tackling

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

actually The Gaming Tailgate has them done on both XBOX and PS3. I might check them out tonight and see what they look like.

6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I've heard of 3 or 4 complete sets but IDK how many are legit.

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I think the question is.... Do we want named rosters only or rosters with community approved updates, ala OS?

8. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

With that in mind I downloaded the set from PastaPadre that I refernced. I noticed that there were some errors on FSU's squad. A couple names were misspelled, two FR WR's were actually swapped for each other (so they had each other's bodies and #'s and skills). They also left off a couple people that will be major contributors while including some guys who will likely not play much if at all.

I know this doesn't really matter to anyone else like it does me (as far as FSU's roster) but I just wonder if there aren't other rosters in the same situation.

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Last year, I really enjoyed the OS Community Rosters... but, in our case here at CC, Im not sure it matters. By the time we get to the big time, the players we know will be long gone.

10. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Are we using the current coordinators name or our own at the schools we picked?

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I tend to agree with this.

12. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

With that said, I am always chasing the most sim-based experience possible.

13. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Yep, theyll (as in OS community) be done today...and they always have the best "Dynasty" rosters. They dont change too many ratings unless necessary. Im saying we go with these because they'll have everything we need for an online dynasty and when the ones that are currently out, or are coming out arent nearly in depth as these ones.

14. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Totally agree. There is something though, that I enjoy about seeing real names of players on stat leaders, awards, and such. Like you said, makes the whole experience more sim.

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Well, yes, but I am not suggesting using fake names. My question is do we use one of the following:

1. Launch day rosters named only; no ratings or depth chart adjustments, no created players, position changes, etc.

Or

2. Community rosters with adjustments.

16. BDSDIGITAL

If they'll be done soon might as well wait I guess. But whatever y'all want to do is fine with me.

17. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Agreed... ready to get my ass kicked as the Eastern Michigan MLB...

18. BDSDIGITAL

Yeah I played a game as new Mexico and it was a real struggle. Vs. Colorado state. I'll be lucky to be at a d1 school in 2 years.

19. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Did you guys play as both OC/DC or just your declared specialty?

20. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I wont be back in town till sunday night...so Im hoping we wait a little to start.

21. BDSDIGITAL

i played as o.c.

22. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

I played as Army DC against Navy. On Heisman level, which I think is back to it's NCAA 08-and-before days as majorly cheating, I gave up 49 points to Navy.

I played as FSU DC against Louisiana-Monroe, on Heisman level, I gave up 42 points, AND LOST!

The offenses are going to be really tough this season, I expect to get my ass handed to me in this dynasty.

"Can't wait!"

23. BDSDIGITAL

I couldn't even manage a first down on most drives. I think I might have put 65-75 yards on them. My defense kept me in the game though...I think making a bowl game year 1 is going to be a real accomplishment.

24. BDSDIGITAL

oh, btw if you want to play sometime this weekend drop your gt on me. I'll send you a fr. I'd like to play a game or two with N.M. against even teams. I played RadarRider the other day N.Mexico v. Wyoming and he beat me pretty good. 31-17 or 34-17 or something like that.

25. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

GT is BigBodySS

I'll be busy this weekend so hit or miss but I'm actually free tonight if you want to play a game or two.