Nashville's Leading News Source: The Tennessean

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ThaBayouChef, Aug 26, 2013.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Titans Announce Lazaroe as New Owner

[​IMG]
    LP Field. Home of the Titans through 2031.​

Nashville, TN -- It's a new era for the Tennessee Titans. The team announced today that Loren Lazaroe will be replacing long-time owner, Bud Adams. Lazaroe was said to have been hand picked by Bud, based on his business knowledge and general love of football. It is also said that Lazaroe promised Bud he would not be moving the Tennessee Titans anywhere, anytime soon. A promise that was backed up by Lazaroe signing a new 15 year contract extension with LP Field and it's associates. The new owner took the podium a short while ago in front of some local media:

Reporter 1: "What made you choose the Tennessee Titans over some of the other teams that are said to be looking for new owners?"

Lazaroe: "Well when I sat down and looked at the group of guys here, I was blown away. This current team has so much upside and potential that I would have felt foolish if I had not taken Bud up on his offer. It all starts up front for us. Our big guys protecting the quarterback are as good a bunch as I've ever seen. You add an all-pro guard like Andy Levitre during the offseason, and then draft (arguably the best o-linemen of the group) big Chance Warmack to play opposite him; I mean how can you not love that."

Reporter 2: "This is true, sir. But aside from our team, and you can follow up with comments regarding that as well, what makes you believe in Nashville, TN so much that would allow you to make that promise to Bud and sign that extension?"

Lazaroe: "Well certainly when you look at the south region, Nashville TN is second to none. What's not to love about this place? It's the birthplace of blues, the home of country music, and home of THE best BBQ in the nation. Not to mention the fans here are just tremendous. I know when this team moved here from Houston, that it brought something to this community that it had never witnessed before. Professional football. The great fans of our team caught the Titan fever almost immediately. They're some of the best fans in the NFL, and when I made my promise to Bud, I made my promise to the fans as well."

Reporter 3: "You talked a little in the opening about the offensive line. Can you expand that and maybe give us some insight on what you think about the rest of the team?"

Lazaroe: "Well protecting Jake has got to be a priority here. He is our future, and we can only go as far as he allows us to go. Now he has some great talent around him. Chris Johnson was another big reason why I wanted to take this responsibility. He's one of, if not the, most explosive backs in our game today, and with the proper blocking could have huge seasons for us to come. Outside we have Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, and our rookie Justin Hunter from just up the street at UT. While Jared will be a big loss for us, the addition of Delanie Walker could prove dividends for our team this year. A big TE, with above average hands, I know Jake looks forward to playing with him in this offense."

Reporter 4: "How about the defense? Who do you see winning out the battle for SS between George Wilson and Bernard Pollard?"

Lazaroe: "Well I won't get into too much detail of that camp battle right now. What I can tell you is that we like both guys very much. Both of them will have an opportunity to play this year. Even if it was a problem, it would be a welcomed problem. Lol. We'll take all the depth we can get! Aside from those guys though, our defense is coming along. We have some great pieces on that side of the ball and I'm really looking forward to getting a better assessment of those guys in the coming week."

Lazaroe would end his presser there and be on his way. One thing is for certain though, there is a new era for Tennessee Titan football and from the looks and sounds of it, we are on the up and up here in Nashville. Plenty of reasons to be excited here for the upcoming season and we are amped up to get it underway!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  2. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Interesting quotes coming in from talented writer and analyst Ian Rapoport via Twitter this morning. Rapoport seems to be quite high on this newly owned Titan organization!

"Tough to watch #Titans-#Falcons (as I'm doing now) and not believe Tennessee will be improved. D is surprising good, progress for Locker. -- Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)"

"On #Titans, I have a feeling a better O-line (and better coordinator) will help. Think @ChrisJohnson28 is happy?-- Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Jake Locker Fox Sports 1 Interview - 08/28
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nashville, TN -- Jake Locker met with Fox Sports 1 host Clarissa Thompson this afternoon and gave some insight on his thoughts going into this season. Locker seemed very vibrant and pretty hopeful for what lies ahead in this upcoming year. While not going into too much detail, Locker did say that we can expect a different approach from offensive cooardinator Dowell Loggains this year. One that he is fully on board with:

Clarissa: So it's no secret that you guys have had a very rough time running the ball and getting protection from your big guys up front as of late. This offseason we saw your organization revamp that line capping it off with the drafting of monter G Chance Warmack. Are you more hopeful that this year will be a little different in that aspect than in recent previous years?

Jake: More hopeful than ever. This group of guys have really geled together this offseason. Everyone is in sync and playing on the same page. That has paid dividends for us in our first couple of scrimmages.

Clarissa: Just how big is Chance Warmack?

Jake: He's three times bigger in person than he was on the draft stage. The guy is a monster. I can honestly say I've been sleeping much better this training camp, and Chance is 1/5 of the reason why. I think he will be a cornerstone for this offense for years to come.

Clarissa: Chris Johnson has, at times, been very vocal about his blocking and this offense's production; or lack there of. How is your relationship with Johnson heading into this seaon, and what have you expressed to him regarding your vision for where this offense is heading?

Jake: Well Chris, like the rest of us, has always just wanted to win. Once you stop winning, you stop having fun. Once you stop having fun, you start questioning things. I don't think anyone, from the outside looking in, would blame Chris for his frustrations over these past 2 seasons. He's one of this games best running backs, and may be the most explosive back in the entire league. With this new line in front of him, Chris has been much more excited and you can tell by his play. He's having fun again, and it shows on the field. As for our relationship, that's my guy. We kick it quite often, and I love beating up on him in some Madden.

Clarissa: One last question, Jake. Your offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains has said that he plans to let you loose and give you more reign of the offense. Have you felt like that is the case in these practices and scrimmages? And if so, what did he mean by that?

Jake: Oh definitely. Coach Loggains has fully backed me as this team's leader and quarterback. Something that prior to this season had never been done before. I feel much more relaxed and comfortable with the offense and playbook because of that. There's a weight off of my back and it just feels great.

Clarissa: So no insight into some gameplans for this year, huh?

Jake: Haha, closed lips keeps the coaches happy. This offense will be exciting though, and I'm excited I get the opportunity to lead it.

Jake seems poised for his biggest year as a Tennessee Titan. It will be interesting to see if his confidence off the field portrays itself in his gameplay on it. Stay tuned for more 2013 Tennessee Titan news!

• Like Like x 5
  4. CowboyMike70

CowboyMike70 Walk On

Great read....

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Titans Schedule At A Glance

[​IMG]
    *The Titans will play both the AFC and NFC West divisions this year.​

Some key weeks for this young and talented Titan team are as follows:
    1. Week 1: Tennessee opens their schedule in Pittsburgh (AveryB) . An extremely difficult test for the Titans. The Steelers and their 34 personnel match up very well against the Titan offense. Tennessee will be lucky to get a W here.
    2. Week 4: The "Fly High" Jets (klaximilian) will embark on Nashville for a key AFC match up. Two very talented opponents will most likely duke it out here. This game could be one of those early season contests that end up having big playoff implications.
    3. Week 6: The Titans make their first westcoast road trip in week 6 when they travel to rowdy Seattle to take on the Seahawks (LtJustice). A team that is sure to make noise in the NFC this year with Russel Wilson at them helm. Tennessee's defense will definitely be put to the test in this game.
    4. Week 11: A rare primetime matchup for Jake Locker and co., as they will host division rival Indianapolis (thafuture3886). Ironically this will be their first matchup of the season, as well as their first in a short 3 week time. After a quick trip out west to face the Raiders in week 12, the Titans will be back in the midwest to take on the Colts once again in week 13 and in Indianapolis.
    5. Week 16: The Titans will travel to Jacksonville (CHUNKNESS) for what could be a very important divisional game with the Jaguars. Both teams have a legitimate shot to be right in the thick of things come the end of the year.
    6. Week 17: The Titans will close out their inaugural season under new management against divisional foe Houston (saintsdave75). Again, both of these teams may be fighting for their playoff lives in this one and it should be a fun way to close out the season.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  6. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Coty Sensabaugh Trade Rumors Heating Up

[​IMG]
    Nashville, TN -- Breaking news this morning out of Titan headquarters, courtesy of WNTN, has 2nd year defensive back Coty Sensabaugh being traded. The trade is reportedly still in the very early stages, and the team on the other end of the trade is not known at this point in time. But Titan officials have stated that they have a trade agreed in principle, in place, for Sensabaugh. If in fact true, the 2nd year player out of Clemson will look to make an impact for a different NFL franchise. He had 26 tackles, 19 solo, in his rookie season in Tennessee. Stay tuned for this developing story.

Update: More is now coming to light of this trade. The mystery team on the other end of this deal is said to be the Philadelphia Eagles. Word around is that the Titans will send Coty Sensabaugh plus their 2014 3rd round pick to Philly, in exchange for TE Brent Celek. The trade, if approved, wil give Locker another viable option in his passing attack.

Final Update: Brent Celek was originally reported to be included in this deal, but that is not the case. Celek will remain in Philadelphia, for now, and the Eagles will receive DB Coty Sensabaugh for their 2014 5th round draft pick.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Bernard Pollard Back to Baltimore

[​IMG]

Nahville, TN -- Superbowl winning SS Bernard Pollard is rumored to be going back to the city he loves, Baltimore. Pollard spent little time in Music City, before realizing he just did not fit in this defense like he once did in Baltimore. The Titans will be receiving Baltimore's 2014 2nd round pick in return for Pollard, if approved. That's 2 secondary players for the Titans in as many days. But both are good moves for the betterment of the organization in many people's eyes. George Wilson will retain the starting SS spot in Pollard's departure.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Cut Day in Tennessee

[​IMG]
    The end of the road for some, comes today.

Cut day has finally dawned itself in the Music City. Coach Mike Munchak and his staff will have to trim down their roster from 75 players to 53. Some of these guys cut will likely find their way onto other teams this season, or maybe even help on a practice squad somewhere. But for the bubble players who do make it, it will be one of the greatest days of their lives. Here's a quick glance at some of these bubble players who either may, or may not make it onto the 53 man opening day roster:​
    • DT Karl Klug - Klug is entering his third season this year out of the University of Iowa. He's got average strength for a DT, but is by far the quickest of Tennessee's big men up front. What's hurting Klug is the depth the Titans possess here. With Jurrell Casey, Mike Martin, and Sammie Hill all in front of him on the depth chart; Klug may be the odd man out. - SURVIVED
    • DT Ropati Pitoitua - The veteran, in his 6th year, is another guy on the defensive line that is a question mark. With above average strangth and awareness, Pitoitua has had a good camp. Injuries have nagged him in the past, but the Titans may have a spot for Pitoitua. He's a good player, but five DT's on any roster is above the norm. - CUT
    • WR Kevin Walter - The veteran wide receiver has had an injury plagued career. And entering his 11th season, Walter may be on his way out of the Music City. Walter still possesses a solid pair of hands and still may be able to help this team. With the drafting and emergance of Justin Hunter however; Walter may be sent packing. - CUT
    • LE Thaddeus Gibson - Gibson is well known for his speed off the edge. Unfortunately for him, he's also known as someone, to this point, who has never lived up to the hype. With Derrick Morgan entrenched as the starter at this position, Gibson has had a rocky camp. Pushed by rookie Lavar Edwards, from LSU (owner Loren Lazaroe's home-state school), Gibson may just lose his roster spot. He'll be one of the last few cut if it comes down to it, but will "potential" once again save Gibson? - CUT
    • SS Markelle Martin/Al Afalava - With Bernard Pollard being shipped back to Baltimore, one of these two guys will remain as the backup to veteran George Wilson. Martin is entering his second year, and has blazing speed. He is noticably quicker than Afalava and also has better hands. Afalava, however; has better coverage skills than the younger Martin, and also seems to stay on the field more. Martin has had some injuries in his young career, while Afalava has stayed relatively healthy. It will come down to speed vs coverage skills in this battle for what could be the last remaining roster spot. - BOTH SURVIVED
    The following players did NOT make the Titans 53 man roster:

QB - Rusty Smith
    QB - Nathan Enderle
    RB - Jackie Battle
    WR - Kevin Walter
    TE - Beau Brinkley
    LG - Kasey Studdard
    RT - Daniel Baldridge
    LE - Keyunta Dawson
    RE - Ropati Pitoitua
    DT - Zach Clayton
    DT - Dajohn Harris
    MLB - Greg Jones
    ROLB - Patrick Bailey
    WR - Michael Preston
    WR - Roberto Wallace
    LT - Michael Otto
    DT - Antonio Johnson
    LOLB - Scott Solomon
    RB - Jalen Parmele

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  9. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Loren, I have your real life mascot. My friend Stormi...shes actually a Titans cheerleader. Go figure.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

cry_havoc Tell Stormi Bayou said wassup wassuupppp. (y)

11. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

DE Derrick Morgan Suffers Broken Jaw

[​IMG]
    Morgan was injured in the first half of Sunday's week 1 game.

DE Derrick Morgan will be sidelined for the next 6 weeks with a broken jaw.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  12. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Ryan Fitzpatrick Cut, Matt Flynn Signed

[​IMG] [​IMG]

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick was released yesterday from the Tennessee Titans. The veteran was let go shortly before the organization announced the signing of 5 year backup man, Matt Flynn. Flynn has been a journeyman thus far in the league, but the Titans are said to feel that he fits their offensive scheme better than the veteran Fitzpatrick. Flynn signed a one year deal worth 1.05 million dollars.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Titans Off To A Surprising Start

[​IMG]

Nashville, TN -- Through four games the Tennessee Titans are off to a 4-0 start. Coming off of wins against Pittsburgh, Houston, San Diego, and most recently the New York Jets; the Titans are flying high through the first quarter of the season. When asked about their early success HC Mike Munchak had this to say, "Yea, it certainly hasn't been pretty at times, but we've continued to play well when it's needed." Munchak continued, "Jake has made his share of mistakes early on and he will definitely have to clean those up. But I've loved the way he's controlled and ran this offense. He's still missing on some of his throws, but he's continued to practice and make the needed effort to get better." His defense has also played a big factor in this team being where they are. They continue to play lock down, hard nose football and for such a young unit that's surprising to some. One of the leaders of that defense is veteran RE Kamerion Wimbley. "We definitely have a chemistry that has so far paid dividends for us on the field", Wimbley said. He continued, "You know our big youngin' in the middle Jurrell Casey has been playing like an animal. What's he got like 6-7 sacks so far through four games? That's impressive in itself man. To know that we have young talent like him on all levels of our defense makes it pretty fun to play in." The Titans next face the Kansas City Chiefs here in Nashville, and will have to be on their 'A' game when RB Jamaal Charles comes to town. "Jamaal is by far the best talent at the position we will have faced this year.", said Munchak. "Our key to the game will be keeping him in check and forcing them to beat us elsewhere. Gap assignment will be key, and we must find a way to fill all lanes." The game is scheduled for a 12:00 pm kickoff here locally. And if the Titans can get another win and improve to 5-0; Music City might finally be rockin' for the first time, in a long time.

• Like Like x 4
  14. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Nice start Loren! Lookin forward to our first matchup later in the season

• Like Like x 1
  15. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

I just saw this...will do haha

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Titans Intersted in Acquiring Draft Picks

[​IMG]

The 2013 Tennessee Titans are looking to get even younger for their future. Titans management supposedly is actively trying to shop some big names. RB Shonn Greene was one that popped up this morning, as well as C Fernando Velasco. Some have even said that WR's Nate Washington and/or Kenny Britt may be added to that list as well. So far under the new ownership of Loren Lazaroe Tennessee has been relatively quiet in the trading world. They did deal S Bernard Pollard back to Baltimore, and also signed QB Matt Flynn to their roster. But outside of those two moves it's been somewhat quiet at Titan Headquarters. Look for this team to make a move or two before the upcoming trade deadline approaches.

**If interested in negotiating, please send all inquiries to Lazaroe's TSO inbox or his YIM message box.**

• Like Like x 3
  17. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Two Tough Losses for Titans Team

[​IMG]

The Tennessee Titans are coming off of a heartbreaker in Seattle. They had the Seahawks where they wanted them and could have stolen one from one of the leagues best teams. But two key drops inside the 5 yard line by TE Delanie Walker would seal their fate. The Titans would lose the ball game 10-5, making it their 2nd straight loss in as many games. The previous week the Titans came out very flat against an enthusiastic Kansas City Chiefs team. The offense looked as miserable as a fat kid on a carb free diet. They lacked a run game which only made their passing game even worse. Fast forward to week 7, the Titans are now 4-2 and getting ready to host Colin Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers. This is an early season key game for these young Titans. They must find a way to win these close games in order to keep pace with the division leading Indianapolis Colts. The Titans had got a lot of early season praise when they started 4-0, maybe too much too soon. Hopefully now they can fly back under the radar and get back to winning some games.

On another note, there have been possible trade talks swirling around Titan headquarters this week. QB Jake Locker just does not seem to be on the same page as his current receivers. Delanie Walkers' drops at the end of the game versus the Seahawks have only hightened the Titans concerns over the lack of playmakers within this offense. With two trades remaining to use at their discretion, look for the Titan organization to try and make some moves to help their struggling offense.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Delanie Walker Currently Being Shopped

[​IMG]

The Titans are said to actively be shopping TE Delanie Walker. Walker has had his struggles in Tennessee thus far, and claims to be suffering from the ole "Jared Cook" syndrome. Walker wants a trade and the Titans are looking for available suitors. Walker is still relatively young and is an 82 overall player. His backup, currently, is rookie Taylor Thompson.

*All inquiries should be sent to the owner's TSO inbox or YIM account*

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  19. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Titans Make Deal for Pro Bowl TE

[​IMG]

Meet your newest Tennessee Titan, tight end Brent Celek. Celek comes to Tennessee by way of the Philadelphia Eagles. The move is a huge one for this franchise. They’ve been lacking a quality tight end now for a long time. Delanie Walker has grossly underperformed for this team in his first season and is said to be actively seeking a trade. Coach Mike Munchak declined to comment on that situation during his morning presser today. Celek will provide this team with a legitimate down field threat that they currently lack at the tight end position. Via telephone and en route to Nashville, Celek had this to say about his trade “Just pumped and ready to go”. He continued, “I had 6 great years in Philadelphia, but it was just time for a new start. I definitely have a chip on my shoulder and am just anxious to get on the field. I’ve been couped up on the bench in Philly all year, and I just feel like I’m ready to break out.” Celek’s trade comes at a perfect time as the Titans are on a bye this week and he’ll have extra time to get acclimated with his new offense and teammates. This is a definite upgrade for the Titans and sitting only a game back of the Indianapolis Colts at 5-2, it couldn’t have happened any better for both parties.

*The Titans traded away their 2014 2nd Round draft pick for the rights to Celek.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  20. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

OLB Akeem Ayers Out for Year

[​IMG]

OLB Akeem Ayers suffered a season ending injury towards the end of last weeks game against the Indianapolis Colts. Ayers fractured his forearm and had season ending surgery Monday afternoon. Zavier Gooden will most likely step into his position for the remainder of the year.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Jake Locker's Time May Be Running Out

[​IMG]

Nashville, TN -- After starting the season on a high note, the Tennessee Titans have now dropped consecutive games and face the division leading Indianapolis Colts this week. There may, however; be a deeper issue to the 2013 Tennessee Titans other than their slipping 7-4 record. QB Jake Locker has been woefully incosistent and is seemlessly giving away games. His TD:INT ratio is among the league's worst, as well as his total QBR. Before his fumble late in the third quarter against the Colts, the Titans were only down 7 points and knocking on the door for another TD. That fumble, however; cost the Titans any hope of winning that game and most likely the division. Fast forward to this past week, where Locker may have had his worst outing of the season. Playing a Raider team that most were chalking up as a 'W', Locker threw 3 interceptions and failed to move the ball at all on offense. He had 4 downs with 30 seconds left from the Raiders 15 yard line and failed to get the Titans in the end zone. Rumors are now starting to circulate that the Titans have made inquiries to a few teams regarding their quarterbacks. Locker is not out of the door in Tennessee yet, but if he doesn't turn his play around he may soon well be. A positive for him is his upside. Only in his 3rd year, and progressing from a 74 overall to an 80 overall under new owner L. Lazaroe, the upside to Locker has no ceiling. The mental aspect of his game must improve though, and he's got to find a way to cut the costly mistakes out. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, and if and when the Titans decide to make that switch.

• Like Like x 3
  22. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Mayhem in the Music City

[​IMG]

Knoxville, TN -- The only thing more embarassing in the state of Tennessee right now than the 7-6 Tennessee Titans is HC Butch Davis running off the field in tears after the Volunteers defeat to SEC rival Georgia. The Titans are becoming a laughing stock and HC Mike Munchak may soon find himself in the dreaded "hot seat". After starting the year 7-3, the Titans have dropped 3 straight and the end is nowhere in sight. Whispers around Titan headquarters are that some major changes could soon be coming to this organization. New owner Loren Lazaroe is said to be at his wits end with the foolishness that has been going on at his facility. He's poured his money into upgrading various items within his stadium. He's obviously commited to bringing a winning organization back to Nashville and back to the Titan fans. One way or the other, if these players don't make a drastic push and show some heart in these last few games they can take a note from the late great Sam Cooke because I can guarantee "Change Gonn Come".

• Like Like x 3
  23. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Titans End Season on A 1-5 Skid, Finish 8-8

[​IMG]

Nashville, TN -- It was a very promising year for the young Tennessee Titans. And then the skid started. After starting the season 7-3 and beating some quality opponents, the Titans only won one game in the months of November and December. They finish the season at a mediocre 8-8 and with a lot of questions surrounding the team. Will Jake Locker remain the starter? Is Mike Munchak on the hot seat? Will their offensive scheme change? All are huge questions for such a young team. The good thing for the Titans is that they have virtually no players that will test the free agent market. Their offensive line, going into next season, will also be arguably the best in all of football. With players rating a 90+ on Pro Football Talk's grading system at each position on the line, they will certainly be a force. Their defense should also get an upgrade. I'm not sure many people thought that the loss of OLB Akeem Ayers would cause a major setback in Tennesee, but for whatever reason they only managed to win 1 game after he went down with injury this year. Once thought to be on the trading block, Ayers most likely has now been entrenched as a starter. Another young promising player is DB Blidi Wreh-Wilson. Wilson really came into his own late in the season and we saw his coverage skills improve. At an opposing 6'2-6'3 Wilson has some similarities to Seahawks corner man Richard Sherman. If he can match that ability, he should be a great one. This Tennessee team will face many questions this offseason and it will be interesting to see which road they take. One thing is for certain, owner L. Lazaroe is commited to bringing a championship calibur team to Tennessee and I feel that this team will be back and much better.

• Like Like x 4
  24. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Titans Making QB Change, Kirk Cousins Gets a Shot

[​IMG]

After sitting behind Robert Griffin III for two years, QB Kirk Cousins will finally get a change of scenery and his chance to run an NFL offense. The Tennessee Titans made a deal for him when they shipped young WR Justin Hunter to the Redskins. Hunter was bunched up last season behind both Nate Washington and Kenny Britt, but did manage to have a couple touchdown grabs. It's not that the Titans didn't love Hunter's upside, they just seem to love Cousin's even more. Jake Locker was very inconsistent at times for this ball club in 2013. His best ability seemed to be breaking off long runs via the read option. With that no longer an option, the Titans decided it's time to run more of a conventional NFL offense and Locker is clearly not the guy they want running it. There have been whispers that Locker is now on the trade block and is currently being shopped. Only time will tell if that will be the case. As for Cousins, he gets the keys to an offense that will have him well protected. He'll be playing behind one of the best lines in the entire league, and will also have one of the best RB's behind him, a dangerous threat at the TE position, and an emerging young star at WR in Kendall Wright. There is plenty to love about this Tennessee Titan team for the future, and with the offseason just beginning, it'll be very interesting to see what else this ball club does to make that next step.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  25. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Titans Make Huge Blockbuster Trade for Bears WR Brandon Marshall

[​IMG]

BREAKING: This deal has been going back and forth since the weekend and we finally have a conclusion! The Tennessee Titans make a BLOCKBUSTER trade with the Chicago Bears for All-Pro WR Brandon Marshall. This offers a little more light into their earlier trade at the end of last week which saw young WR Justin Hunter being shipped to Washington. The Titans now have a legitimate, bonified #1 receiver to play opposite up-and-coming star Kendall Wright. The Titans traded away their prized center, Brian Schwenke, in the deal, along with DB Khalid Wooten, and their 1st round pick in the 2015 draft. A lot to give up, but when you think about the impact that a player like Brandon Marshall can make, it might not even have been enough. Marshall is entering the back end of his career, but the Titans blew that in the wind with ease. Expect owner L. Lazaroe to offer Marshall a huge contract in the near future that may keep him in Tennessee for the entirety of his career. It's a great day in the Music City, and the future is even brighter now with this superstar on this team!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1