Nasty North

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by controllerabuser, Mar 31, 2012.

?

Who wins?

1. Vikings

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Packers

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

ONE STEP CLOSER
    NFC North Title Hopes In Week 12
    [​IMG]
    Where They Stand
    [​IMG]
    The Packers currently sit on top of the NFC North in Week 12 with a one game lead. They have been chased down though by the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings have been on a 4 game winning streak since a 55-10 loss to the Detroit Lions, who played against the CPU. The Pack also have a 4 game winning streak after being slaughtered by the Denver Broncos 41-17. However, they have managed to beat the Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers and San Diego Chargers, convincing wins coming against quality opponents.​
    Offensively
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The only thing Minnesota does better on offense is rushing. The 4 horsemen vs James Starks is what might determine this one. On paper, Aaron Rodgers should win the battle against his former backup Matt Flynn. However, Madden Gods have blessed Matt Flynn on this game so who knows. One thing is certain, Wayers has it down right as pretty much has 5 guys in Mr. Rodgers' neighborhood. The Packers get it done in the red zone, they're 27-29 so far. The Vikings suffered a huge loss when Percy Harvin went down but Jaden Thomas has filled his shoes so far. Stepping up as the leading receiver 550 yards and 4 TDs.​
    Defensively
    [​IMG][​IMG]

On the defensive side, things are opposite from the offensive rankings between these two. The Purple People Eaters are back and they're doing it without Terrance Knighton and now Roman Riddick. The FA Jerrel Powe has been a monster, filling in for Knighton with 4 sacks so far. Patreon Frederick is the key man to this defense and Larry Keoodoum isn't far behind him. Those two beasts can definitely shut your offense down. All the stats mean nothing when they line up across from Mr. Rodgers and company though, if they can do to them what they've done all year then you can say they're legit. The Packers have a middle of the road defense. It isn't horrible but their secondary is too suspect and if Matt Flynn can do some work, watch out for the Packers to crumble. They are pretty good at stopping what Minnesota does best and it will force the Vikings to throw.

Last year, these teams split games but the Packers got the best of the Vikings as they made the playoffs and the Vikings sat on the couch.

• Like Like x 6
  2. BG

BG On The Rize!

So, its the Packers offense vs the Vikings defense.......hum, I played them both and Minnesota's defense shut me down, while Green Bay's offense lit me up, so that being said, I'm on the fence with this one PUSH!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Couldn't have said it any better exact same experience for me. I think Rodgers finds his targets late for a win or sets up aFG

4. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

good work , i went with vikings , their defense is good

• Like Like x 1