Nat 3 Connection help

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Moogle06, May 15, 2010.

1. Moogle06

Moogle06 Walk On

Nat 3 Connection help

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you guys know how to change your nat type from 3 to 2 so that I'm able to connect to everyone.

So far I've tried to open up ports and forward them to my PS3 but haven't had any luck with getting that to work.

2. BOM86

BOM86 Walk On

3. Moogle06

Moogle06 Walk On

Welp tried those things. Think im gunna give my isp a call and see what they have to say about it. Any other ideas are welcome though.

Thanks for the links anyways Bom

4. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

What is currently your new setup now? Just trying to get an idea of what your working with so I can visualize and offer advice.

5. Moogle06

Moogle06 Walk On

Currently have it running from a modem through one router and then through a second one and finally into the ps3

6. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I had problems with mine when I hooked my modem to my car battery through my starter and then to the router then through the toaster and back to the PS3

7. BOM86

BOM86 Walk On

Maybe he has a modem go into a router, then goes into a wireless router(I'd eliminate the first one). lol But yea, I'd agree with bean. Maybe you have it ran through TOO much...

8. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Agreed lose one of the routers.

9. stealth

stealth Walk On

he definately needs to lose 1 of the routers but to get from nat type 3 to nat type 2 he needs to bridge his modem connection and that will allow him to set up a satic ip address as well. this is what I had to do and it worked great

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Yea you cant use two routers, whatever you do on the one you control will be wiped out by the second one.

I just use a stitic IP for my ps3 and put it in the DMZ and no issues.

11. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Stealth, how do I do this???

I could use some help with this, although I dont think I will get from nat 3 to nat 2....my isp sux balls

12. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I have 2 modems/routers. My modem is a router and modem, and then I have a linc's which is a router only. My modem/router can't push the signal upstairs. So what I do is I run the straight line from the phone line to the modem/router. I then run a wire from slot #1 of the modem/router and run it to the #1 slot of the linc's. I then run my pc's off the #2 and the ps3 off the #3

13. Moogle06

Moogle06 Walk On

Well so far I've tried to eliminate one of the routers and I still get a type 3, I talked to my isp and they didn't really know what to do and told me to contact the playstation help line, and I've also tried setting a static ip to my ps3 and setting the dmz to that specific ip and still no luck.

As of now it looks like I can only get connections with some people, but not with others. So far the only people i've been able to connect to down here was Nate twice, vishal, and obiwhite.

So at this point I could try Stealth's suggestion and try to bridge my modem, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that. Otherwise I'm sure what to do next to try to resolve this problem except for hope that I'm able to connect with whoever I need to play with next.

14. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Moogle, read what I done, that's how you bridge a modem I think.

15. stealth

stealth Walk On

brigding your dsl modem is done within the modem itself and what it does is basically allow your router to log on just like your modem then allows you to set a static ip on your ps3 whixh in most cases drop your nat from 3 to 2 or atleast it did mine.

If I knew what could of modem you maybe I could help

Btw after you set up your modem to bridge you then have to set up yout linksys router to a PPPoE which is what most dsl modems run on.