Nate --- Sub Rule Clarified

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Nate --- Sub Rule Clarified

I believe the way we wrote the rule under your guidelines, Claven would actually get to choose a sub to play. I will try to pull back the thread, but I am pretty sure this is the case. In other words, just because you want Gaddy to sub doesnt mean Claven has to play him ;)

BUT in good news, I will be advancing the Franchise right after Seahawks-Lions game is complete around 10pm central tomorrow. If you can set it up with Claven that night or very early Monday morning, you guys might be able to get it in.

Also, I think I will work until around 11pm central, so would you like me to throw the commish reigns back to you so you can advance and then get your game with Claven in? I know Claven has a cell phone he posted in the 'Who are We' thread. . .might use that to contact him.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

This was the rule as you proposed it in a couple threads. . .

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19110

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21135

Claven may just play Gaddy after all, but I know that when you wrote this we had talked that it wasn't fair to force somebody to play one of the best teams in the league.

I just have Claven's back here that's all....hope no offense is taken. Let me know if you want commish powers back before tomorrow so you can potentially advance the league and get your game with Claven in.

3. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Yeah, whichever the team thats not able to make it, gets subbed with his opponents choosing.

Thats what I thought, and have been going by for my situations like this, Nate told me himself if the other team cant play, play a sub you think you have a chance to beat

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

but i also feel a team who knows they are going out of town is a totally different situation than a team who just doesnt show up for a game or schedule a game. not just me, but any team who has just a day or two to get in the game in. If not then if I know that a guy has to go out of town, i can lie, let him go out of town, play a scrub and get a easy win. its common sense.

5. natedawg212000

Case in point (I know he's not avoiding me, he's just busy), but I've sent Claven 3 txt messages and a AIM message in the last 10 hours. IMO it's totally different when you are going out of town or whatever than a sub for not showing up or scheduling.

You're call...

6. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I just got your messages. I was already up stairs going to bed when you text me the first time and was alseep by the time you texted me the 2nd time. Your 3rd text I was still in bed. As far as the sub rule is concerned it's not a big deal who I play, My lost to the Falcons where he only completed 1 pass to a WR the whole game which was the 75 yard play to the 1 to setup the game winning run. My heart is out of the rest of the season. If I can't play when you can I will get a sub since your having a great year and I don't want you have to hand the reins over to somebody else.

7. natedawg212000

we are going to set up a time on friday to play, but i still think this needs to be decided.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

I think the person who isn't absent should be able to find whoever they want to play IMO. Is it perfect? No...but I think that's the best way to do it.

If we do it where the team who is absent can choose a team to fill in for them, we open up a whole new can o worms. As an example, let's say Broncos need a win in week 17 to get into the playoffs. With this rule they'd be able to ask Gaddy to fill in for them. That wouldn't be fair at all to the other team.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Yea, I agree with Dunlap here. Now with that being said, there is no reason we cannot delay advance a day for Nate to get his game in especially in middle of playoff race.

Sometimes we just have to make an exception. IMO, least we can do especially given why he was absent.

10. natedawg212000

No one said anything about the best team. You can bet your bottom dollar if thats the rule then I'll take full advantage and wait until a guy goes out of town and play a scrub. That's what everyone else will do also.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Well the current rule states that all subs need to be approved by a commish. We as commishes can just make sure we try to approve equitable subs.

But if the rule states that I can leave and find a sub, then I shouldn't be able to just have Vishal or Gaddy or another great owner sub for me.

Or again, in my example which could

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

I meant in the example if we go by letting the team that's absent choose a sub.....say this happens this year....

Chargers and Dolphins are both 8-7 heading into the final week. Chargers play Cowboys who they've never beaten. Chargers owner really wants the playoffs, so he makes up the excuse he's gonna be gone and gets Vishal to sub for him because Vishals always blown out the Cowboys....so instead of a likely loss it turns into a likely win.

This would be a real big issue, and would be totally unfair to the Dolphins and really the Cowboys as well.

How would we deal with that issue?