NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: #1 Florida vs. #2 Notre Dame

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: #1 Florida vs. #2 Notre Dame

Dat, as the week goes on we will get a better feel for when we might be advancing. Figured I would start the thread up to build some excitement. I know I'm excited!

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Just like Lou predicted....

Although he predicted UF would win, so I'll have to try to prove him wrong on that one.

It seems like we've all pretty much settled on not using run/pass commit, and most of the game plan settings. I don't mind them, but we might as well keep things consistent. Are you on board with that?

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I don't use any gameplan features at all besides conservative "big run" or whatever -- essentially it means protect the ball. You can use whatever you like, it doesn't matter to me.

Run committing is out of the question though. Guessing should come through playcalling and not that feature. So, to answer your question, yep, I'm on board.

Our first meeting! Should be a good one man.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

With as much as I can't freakin' stand Tim Tebow, there's no way in hell that I'll be rooting for the yellow domers, so.....

GO GATORS!

5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Tebow is the victim of too much media attention. If ESPN would stfu about TT for 5 minutes so we could stand the sight of him without being nauseated, I think he'd have a lot more fans. He may not be a great pro prospect, but he's a heck of a college player and probably an even better person.

Looking forward to it Basis.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hey Dat, we're up! Today is no good due to ND having a MUST win game at 3:30, and then after that I'll be going out.

Tomorrow is tough too, because I am going to work in the morning and the Giants have the night game, but we might be able to squeeze it in around 3pm eastern or something. Let me know how tomorrow looks for you.

Monday I am wide open.

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Can't do the afternoon b/c of NFL.

Monday night should work. 8 eastern?

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sounds good! We gotta pick it up on d this half btw -- come on Tenuta!

9. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

In real life I would not be happy with either FL or ND winning the championship...But in the E, I'll go ahead and take Florida to win by 3. No real reason for choosing that other than Basis has been #1 all along and has beaten several of our users. I guess Dat has too...Here's to a good game.

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I've never played Dat but had two solid games last year with Basis. He beat me with Western Michigan (vs Toledo) and I got him with Cal (vs Oregon). So I know Basis can play from experience, but from what I've read it sounds like Dat knows his team and playbook better than most. Either I think Florida wins, but Miami tops the AP poll. :p

11. jello1717

Yeah. If I were to pick based on the user, I'd go with Dat. But I'm going to still go with Florida (and not just because of my loathing for the yellow domers) because their team is stupidly stacked and ridiculously fast.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

We're still going to have to earn it... Alabama gave us a real run for our money, but our defense really stepped it up and showed what they were made of. If we can make a couple big plays on offense, I like our chances.

Very excited for the game!

13. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

What time is the game?

14. jello1717

This was the last time I saw.

15. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Yes, 8 eastern tonight

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic