National Championship Rematch

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by vBIG SLICKv, Sep 1, 2010.

?

Who wins tonight in Austin?

1. Penn State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Texas

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

National Championship Rematch

Texas welcomes Penn State into Austin tonight at 7:00pm CST.

National Title hopes will be on the line tonight in DKR-Memorial Stadium. The loser of tonights game will have a tough road to make it back to the title game. Whereas, the winner gets over a huge early season hurdle to make it back.

Both teams come into tonight's game with different looks then last year. Penn State is without stud RB Royster due to graduation and Texas will be without their leading rusher last year RB Whittaker who bolted for the NFL. After only 1 game for each team both teams look to be going through the air a little more then last year with both Newsome and Gilbert putting up over 330 yrds passing in their openers. PSU's Newsome is hoping to not have a repeat performance of 5 ints he had in the National Championship game. Texas lost RB Tre Newton who opened the season as the starter in the season opener for 4 weeks. SOPH-RS Chris Whaley is looking to step up big in the first start of his career at Texas. If Texas is to have success against Penn State then they will have to rely on the 6'-3" 246lbs bruiser to pound on PSU's front seven and wear them down.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think Texas lost less talent than PSU last year and playing at home will be the difference.

3. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Brave - Please vote against me, that seems to have worked well for me in the past. lol

4. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

LOL.... now everybody is on the Texas Bandwagon this season...

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'll go with Hokie Effect in this game, per Slick's request :)

Oh and I will start doing User Matchup threads again. Was busy last night after advance and seems like all the big games are happening tonight.