National Championship Special Team glitch (HELP)

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Gyrene76, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

We are in the second of The Armchair Entourage and we have hit a halting point.

Year 1, I won a national title with Virginia Tech versus a USC user and everything went well. Noissues.

Year 2, I am facing the Ohio State Buckeyes @JFace907 in the national title, and we have hit a brick wall. We were facing some connect issues (and we've played against each other in other leagues and even went a ranked match to test and ever thing has been fine). We thought it might just be servers...

Still, it wouldn't work. We've tried over 11 times now and it disconnects every time he enters special teams.

It would suck because I will lose in a sim. My starting quarterback is a backup that is 82 overall and he has Pryor who is 99. Just don't want my whole season screwed by a glitch.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

im assuming you've both tried removing the routers from the equation?

3. Gyrene76

Well, I am hooked straight in, he's about to try it.

It worked online with a ranked match, but we will see if it helps. Willing to try.

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Thats one thing we have not tried. Its a lil difficult for me to do. Would require moving an XBox and TV a room infested with cat dander (allergic to the bastards) to eliminate that equation

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I had forgot that, that was the room the cats hang out in. My allergies would go haywire in there.

6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Buy a longer cat5 and try it. Otherwise, drop out and have someone else see if they can play.

7. Gyrene76

well, he tried removing router from equation, but to no avail. It really is a glitch. Only thing I can see now is trying to put another player as us and seeing if it works for them.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Are either of you starting a kicker at punter or vice versa? I heard that can cause problems when trying to play a user bowl game.

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I have heard this as well.

10. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

This is a known issue in user/user bowl games. There's posts about it at Operation Sports. Some of the possible solutions include: kicking both of you from the league and re-inviting, or not choosing a Special Teams play to start the game by letting the clock time out. I don't know if either of these work. Also people have speculated about an injured player in the depth charts causing the issue.

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I don't know if @Gyrene76 is but I'm not. Got a K and P in their correct places.

12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

His starting qb is hurt and can't play in this game. Should he throw him towards the end of the depth chart?

13. Gyrene76

We can get Bud to kick us from the dynasty and reinvite us.

I will move all my injured players to the back. Have 2. QB and WR

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

He just left for work i believe. We'll try the injured workaround, starting correct K's and P's, and then one other workaround and see what happens. Then we'll have bud kick us.

15. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Also, try not selecting a Kickoff play. Let it time out, the CPU supposedly will choose your play for you.

16. Gyrene76

we tried everything!!!!

Got booted, reinvited, let the play time out, and moved injuries to the end of depth chart....blah blah blah