National Championship...Who will play #1 Oregon?

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Fight'n Hokie, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

Is there a possible rematch of the Week 9 game between then #3 Notre Dame and #2 Oregon?

Ever since that game Oregon has laid claim to the #1 ranking. Oregon stopped the Nations #1 Rushing Attack in a 31-15 win. Notre Dame has steadily climbed back into contention and now have the eyes set on a rematch with a #2 ranking heading into week 14.

BUT WAIT!

The issue and concern for Notre Dame is their schedule. The Golden Domers have played all their regular season games and are not part of a conference. Being an independent, Notre Dame does not have the luxury of playing in or for a Conference Championship even though they sit at 11-1 overall.

Teams that could possibly jump the Irish are: #3 Alabama, #4 TCU, #5 Oklahoma State, #6 West Virginia and #7 LSU.

#3 Alabama has a recent win over #7 LSU and will play Colorado State in week 14. The win over LSU will not be enough as the Tide have 2 losses in the SEC WEST and will not play for a SEC Title. They will fall in the polls most likely

#4 TCU will play a week 15 game against Syracuse at home in week 15 but will not play for a Conference Championship. They are the Mountain West Champions and it will be tough for them to hang on to the #4 ranking.

#5 Oklahoma State has no games remaining. However they will play for the BIG 12 Championship against Missouri (8-3). The Cowboys can move up!

#6 West Virginia is playing Georgia Tech at home in week 14 and will play for a BIG EAST Championship. A win puts them at 10-2 and its looks as if they will play UCONN whom they beat 31-17 earlier in the season. The Mountaineers have 2 Games remaining and could jump up.

#7 LSU, now here is the kicker folks! Although #3 Alabama just beat LSU. The Tigers hold the cards in the SEC West! LSU sits at 7-1, Arkansas sits at 7-1, and Alabama sits at 6-2! LSU holds tiebreaker against Arkansas with their win. So LSU will play #20 Georgia (10-2) for the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP! This is hige as the SEC carries a lot of weight and the Tiger could jump way up in the polls. Alabama will fall most likely.

Will it be Oklahoma State, West Virginia, or LSU who pass the Irish and punch the ticket to the National Championship?

OR WILL THE IRISH HANG ON AT #2!?

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Great informative post. There are alot of scenarios that could take place. I see either Notre Dame or Oklahoma State filling the last bcs title spot. I dont know how the voters can hate on georgia as bad as they do, were #20 !!!!! You got to be kidding me lol

3. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Nice post...I'm hoping it's me!

4. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

It just goes to show you what starting the season not ranked can mean to your season. The Canes are 11-1 on the year with their only loss coming against #1 Oregon, yet they're only ranked 14th in the BCS.

Miami does have wins over #6 LSU, #20 FSU, #23 VT, and #24 UNC, yet still gets no love.

5. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Sucks to play in the ACC