National Title

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gwill, Feb 25, 2010.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

National Title

Oregon St wins 1st BCS National Title 41-35

Oregon St. dominated the first half and almost made it a blowout leading 35-6 at the half, but the Comeback AI struck and made it a game with the Beavers leading 38-28. A tight 4th quarter, the Oregon St defense played bend but don't break. A huge 4th and inches stop sealed the NC for the Beavers and Coach Gwill.

Coach Gwill thanked his players for 3 great years 2 Pac-10 titles, a Rose Bowl win, a Pacific Life Holiday Bowl, and most importantly a Nat'l Title. He wished them well and nothing but the best as he will be leaving the Pacific Northwest for sunny Tallahasse, Florida to take the HC at FSU.

Players of The Game
    Ryan Katz: 17-24, 318 Yds, 3 TDs
    Ryan McCants: 28 CAR, 125 Yds, TD

**WR Casey Kjos breaks the Beaver receiving record for TDs in a season with 14.**

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Congrats on the title. I'll advance hopefully in the morning.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Congrats on the National Championship win. I am glad that Florida did not steal the National Title from you. I hate playing the CPU when the Comeback Engine kicks in.

4. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Nice work with Oregon St., not an easy task.

5. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

when we started they were a 3* program, and now they're 5* soon to be 6* program. it took a minute to find the right combo of schmes, players, and playbook, but it finally clicked. this team survived 3 commish's of The Rivalry, as if I'm not mistaken I'm the last member of the rivalry that's been here for all three years.

So its a little hard knowing I won't be defending the title with Beavers, but I look forward to restoring FSU to its past glory.