NBA 2k 12 trailer

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by BRUCE80, Jun 1, 2011.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Graphics look the same to me.. I hope it has an actual online association and I hope they fix the servers online, always been crappy. That being said, nothing will change. Will still buy and enjoy the game.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

They can keep the game exactly the same and just add online Association mode and I'll be happy.

• Like Like x 4
  4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i just want to be able to block a guy when he does a windmill( or any dunk that he puts the ball behind him) right next to my guy who should get the easy block...or how about putting Charges back in the game. Make it where people don't complain when they are coming off the bench, but are getting the same amount of minutes my starters are.

or complain about minutes when they are avg 5 fouls per game...The 2k series is the most over rated sports game. if madden had as many flaws as 2k does they would be getting killed..

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    you know they have live...or eliet or whatever it is lmao...

your complaints seem like very minor gripes...2K is most realistic adaptation next to NCAA series of their real life counterparts.

They need to tweak somethings here and there, like the shots that animate when a defender is near, they seem to automatic...make the defense better...

• Like Like x 1
  6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Best thing about 2k: They've built a foundation with its 'engine' or whatever its called and now they just perfect it. It may look the same from a graphic standpoint but they add so many little things its crazy. I'm honestly hoping that they add 'celebrities' to the crowd for certain teams.

Biggest weakness: Online. Fix that and 2k will assert itself on top of the basketball gaming world permanently.

On topic: That trailer wasn't impressive. Why even release that half-assed shit?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Online Association mode where you could have like 12-15 guys and the rest of the teams CPU controlled would be amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

they are not little gripes. watching a guy barreling down and your guy is in perfect position gets called for a block(99% on defult, 95% with charge at 100).

you have a guy trailing a fast break the O player goes for a dunk and puts the ball behind him where the defender is jumping right behind him, but yet the defender lets him dunk it.

They said they fixed the issue of people pissed off when they are playing behind a better player, but still get pissed. players still get pissed about minutes even if you give them 40, but they only get 25-30, because they avg 5 fouls a game.

I blocked my friends shot the other day out of bounds and my PG actually caught it still they called it my ball. Passing it in bounds to a moving player is 99% success rate if you grab and shoot.

cpu still offers stupid trades. i had the 2nd pick and the cpu actually offered me the 6th pick straight up.. Or give me 2 big men for my stud PG when i have a good big man. It's still way to easy to rob the cpu.

after yr 3 there are no decent coaches or F's and D's across the board.

Don't get me wrong i love playing it, but its vastly overrated..the only reason it's the best is, because live/elite was complete garbage or in elites case not released....Madden gets killed when the truth the gameplay is pretty solid this yr and they even came out last yr stating their Franchise mode sucked and completely revamped it.. i just hope 2k doesn't take a yr off, because they beat live in to retirement.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Ha beating live into retirement. And you know the troubles EA has with their franchise modes. Live is LIGHTyears behind 2k series.

So really trade logic, Rotational minutes, charges and blocks. That it? That's pretty good for a vastly overrated game. Lol.

I don't play association so I can't comment on that but on the court it's an awesome game that I'm still playing now (many others as well) so it has replay value.

To me they need to make defense better...have defender seem like they have a better shot of altering shots (not blocking but challenging making shot making tougher), and make that fadeaway shot animation tougher to make especially according to rating and not to hitting the shot right on the shot stick

Online servers (what else is new)

10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

IMO 2K is nipping on FIFA's heels as best sports sim. The game is already amazing and they make strides every year to make it better.

I've never had the time to get into Association or MyPlayer modes, but the core gameplay is tits. Especially this year with the revamped playbook/system, the game FEELS like basketball for sure.

Unlike some other production teams, they've earned the benefit of the doubt that they are going to bring the heat each year.

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

That block Bynum has from behind in the video off the backboard is pretty cool.

My main gripe with the game is that the stars and too damn good, its like they never have an off game...if they get into the paint forget it.

They need to fix a few issues with the association mode and ill be happy to play another season or two of it come this fall.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Not quoting to argue or anything, just quoting to hopefully help a bit or probably voice the same issues.

1. Charging. You have to get there before the animation start. Charging will only be called in the paint due to online players trying to get a charge anywhere on the floor. I don't know if you play online but dudes try to get charges at very odd angles on the floor and in 2k9/2k10 it was called offensive 99.9% of the time.
    2. Ehh, depends on the player roles. I haven't had this problem as I figured out how to split the minutes. Are you using 'fantasy' rosters? This is how I split my minutes up. Starters should get no less than 34 minutes. Sixth men get between 17-20 minutes per game. Role Players get about 12-15 minutes per game.
    3. The player catching it out of bounds and the wrong call being made doesn't happen all the time. I've never seen it after 200 games or so, so I assume its not a consistent bug or glitch. And the grab and shoot thing may be because of your sliders. Catch and shoot doesn't happen on higher levels of difficulty because some passes are bobbled and even if you get a perfect release on your shot its not going in. Try All Star/Sim Sliders. Its another ballgame.
    4. The trades don't make sense, I agree. Even though I've simmed through some years to see what some teams are trying to do and it comes out 'right' sometimes. Problem is that some teams stay in that mentality when they are finished 'rebuilding'.
    5. Not sure because I never pay attention to that.

And I missed one, the defender still letting the offensive guy dunk when he puts the ball behind him for a dunk. Not sure what you're doing differently but I have no issues with 'chase down' blocks. Also, if the guy brings the ball low while you are in front of him, hit the steal button and he'll strip him of the ball (or get called for reaching). Example of a chase down block at 1:48 of this video:

13. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

graphics look pretty much the same, but i'm sure it's gonna continue to be one helluva game.

14. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

It says in the title its using 2k11 footage but yeah i cant wait for this to come out. A better online association/league mode is my only major gripe.

15. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

oh haha didn't notice that. touche. If they put in an online association that compares to ncaa's....that would be insane!!(y)

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

sliders

Turn off "player roles" in association mode, that's what I do. As long as you have "team chemistry" still on Player Roles don't matter much, besides being a pain in the ass.

The ones you just mention were the CPU trying to rob you, not the other way around. The point of trade finder is to find the ones that are worth your time. You get 27 offers, 24 of them will be the CPU trying to get the better end of the deal, that's how shit works.

17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

we have charging all the way up and blocking still gets called 95% of the time even if I Have a guy bracing for a charge and the pg runs full steam ahead... we did turn roles off, but you shouldn't have to if they fixed the game properly.

18. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

19. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

charge is broke point blank, atleast in offline