NBA 2K10

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Blaza, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

NBA 2K10

Does anyone still play this game?

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I do, waiting on them to put out the patch to FINALLY fix the damn thing...

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i love the gameplay, but the league feature is fucked up.. once they fix it I am back at it like i never left....

4. JrRawlins

blaza, me and Mo have had some battles from back in the day at Vetz... love me some Vince Carter mo.... choke artist..... [​IMG]

5. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I just rented it from the video store last week. I like it alot. I got to take it back 2morrow, but I'm gonna see if I can get it used.

6. Blaza

Cool, what's up with the league feature? I've never messed with it. I like the game alot. I usually just play when my boys stop by, but I'd love to get some games in with you guys sometime.

7. JrRawlins

the league rosters are messed up for some reason they dont load, so the game either freezes or your connection drops as soon as you try to start the game....

like i said though me, Mo Rhude and some other guys hav ebeen in the same league for about 4 or 5 years now... good times.... we are waiting for the damn patch to fix it so we can get ti started again....

8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Hey hey, be easy on Vince.

9. Blaza

Mo/Jr, the patch just dropped for PS3 and should be out for 360 shortly.

If you guys ever get something rolling, please let me know I'd like to jump in.

10. JrRawlins

Blaza its a guarantee once the patch drops we will be ballin.... as soon as it drops i will hit you with the info if you are still interested in running...

11. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Im interested in running too wats the patch for? Rosters?

12. Blaza

Good shit. I'm definitely in if there is room for me. I'm surprised this game doesn't get more love--it is an amazing game IMO.

13. JrRawlins

yeah the league rosters are currently F'd up.. so the game doesnt load correctly in the league menu.... but once it does... we should be good to go..

14. JrRawlins

there should be room we are always lookin for new guys to join and run with us...

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I like the game alot also, but it was broken imo. If the patch fixes at least part of the stuff I am down to hoop.

16. Blaza

Did you download the first patch? That fixed alot of the initial gameplay problems. What specifically bugged you about the game?

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Too easy to score, shots go in way to often. Stars are great but they are too good and damn near unstopable.

I havent touched the game since about three weeks after release, I got really tired of it quick, go online play a game and see who could score the most points in the paint as quickly as possible.

I like to run offense and score in a variety of ways, but guys just play it as a dunk n lay in fest.

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

After the first patch it made it more difficult to score in the paint. The contact animations cause alot of those "easy" buckets to go AWOL. The second patch fixed online play in general and gave 2k the official king of bb crown.

If anyone is on PS3 and want to play a game hit me up. I'm a sim baller but will let my stars take over when neccessary. Other than that anybody open is putting up shots.

PSN: JerzeyReign

19. Blaza

Gotcha. Yeah as with NCAA, ultimately alot of the experience depends on who you are playing against.

The second patch really made the acrobatic layups in the paint more difficult. There is much more contact inside and if you get bumped you better be a superstar and lucky or its not going in. It is also a little easier to manually block shots which discourages the mindless driving a bit. The stars still shine, but even with them you have to pick your spots to drive carefully and be really good at the stick with your layups (use both left and right hands).

I played a game against my buddy the other night who wrecklessly drives the lane all game. He had the Mavs, I had the Bulls. Basically Joakim Noah had a block party. I was sending his shit into the stands, pinning him on the backboard, just really taking away the inside. In the same game, I was picking my spots, taking the midrange jumper if it was open and driving when the opportunities were there. This strategy is what will lead to success more times than not. D. Rose still had some sick acrobatic layups, but he is one of the stronger guards in the league--Im sure his layup rating in the game is in the 90s.

Also, you have to really be diligent about varying your defensive sets. Mix in different zones along with man D and this will throw off the offensive alot. They made the zones a little more effective as far as taking away the paint.

I say DL the patch and give it another whirl. It really is a solid game.

20. JrRawlins

lol, this is why our league has a Points in the Paint limit and if you are called out about your gameplay and it is validated by a couple of other players you can end up forfeiting games..... (y)

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

PIP limit? Wow that's crazy. Seems a bit much.

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Not really, if you play sim, you won't even worry about it...

ask JR, dude can shoot out the gym with the likes of Andrae Blatche, who is actually becoming good (trust he was killing when Blatche was a scrub)

and F you on VC lol...can't wait till they drop this patch...i got the game just waiting to be played again.

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have this game....got it really cheap a while back.

24. JrRawlins

lol, Mo i have been playing alittle here and there to get the shootin touch back..... and i waiting for the patch to really get back at it though... cant wait

about the PIP, we want sim ballers..... if you play a sim game you dont worry about the PIP limit... if your a turbo dunk guy then your tryin to pause to check how close you are to the limit....lol

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Just wondering because I'm a throw it in the post type of player and they count anything close PIP. You guys' must be on the box if your still waiting on the patch, correct?