NBA 2k12 League Interest Thread (PS3)

Discussion in 'Tradition Basketball' started by JerzeyReign, Sep 8, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

With rumors, 99.9% true rumors, swirling about an online association present in this year's game I figured now would be a great time to see if their is any interest in a PS3 league. If the online feature is anywhere close to its offline counterpart this could be very special. Now before I wander off of TSO for my basketball season I will attempt to find any interested prospects on here. I've witnessed several attempts fizzle in the past but am willing to put 110% in making this league work on TSO. I'll even pass my commish title onto someone else in my football league.

I don't dwell on titles, in fact, I don't even care if I receive one for this league. I just want to be surrounded by dedicated 2k fans that won't quit once they are out of playoff contention. Every league starts somewhere but it always succeeds with a solid foundation. It survives because its played by true fans. It takes fans like the NCAA leagues have for this to work.

So, if you're a true fan of the sport as well of the game and play 2k all year round, would you be willing to help set a foundation (the standard) for TSO basketball on the PS3 console? If so, please post interest in this thread.

All this is subject to the approval by the TSO management team before anything is entirely concrete. No interest, no league. I hope we can get there because I really don't want to play on XBox:p

@RynoAid
    @Drifterbub

Interested

Big Smooth
    JerzeyReign
    CA
    DJNNFL
    BDub

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I'm all for it. Let's get a concrete plan together and see what interest we have.

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I would definitely be interested and I think B0BJR0526 , ryty32 would be as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

CA

Just bring your SH gang :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. controllerabuser

Will do

• Like Like x 1
  7. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

if this goes down i'm in.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

If it doesn't pop then I'll let you in of the place where I go to play.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

I am interested in playing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I might be interested...will depend a lot on my time available. already in the FIFA league and possibly getting an NHL league set up. If i have both of those I probably won't have time for NBA, but if the NHL one doesn't work out I could have time for this. I haven't played since 2k10, so odds are I'll suck, but hopefully it would come back eventually. Put me down as a maybe for now and I'll keep you updated

12. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

i might join if i get nba 2k for ps3 , but only be bulls first than spurs second if madhouse on madison is gone. so JerzeyReign, i let you now for sure but you can put me on waiting list when you get this thing off the ground.

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Cool. I'm not sure if I'll commish this or not but I am currently on the recruiting trail for the league now. I'm actually visiting, honest truth, 6 or 7 leagues right now trying to pluck their good members.

14. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

JerzeyReign

I'm getting it for sure, so count me in

15. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Picking this up regardless. I'm down for an onlince assoc if this gets goin.

16. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

:eek:

17. controllerabuser

I'm seriously contemplating if I am done with NCAA. I am tired of the bullshit with this game.

That being said, what's really good? I'm pretty sure this game is coming out in a couple of weeks?

I ran a league or two the past few years but they never seemed to jump off. If you want to help me, I will run another league this year. I know I have a few guys that will come to play. We don't have to get a full NBA league now that there is CPU teams!

What do you say Jerz? Join forces?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Has it been confirmed somewhere that you don't have to have all user teams in online association? I've been waiting on some information about the online association mode but 2k has talked about everything but that mode.

19. controllerabuser

Don't quote me but from what I've been hearing, it isn't just the typical user "league" mode. It is a full association mode now. That is what I am hoping for. I know JerzeyReign probably can answer that better than I.

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yes sir!! I will help you out in any way possible. BTW, I vote for CA to be David Stern.

I was thinking about a 16 man league (8 per conference). If we can't get 16 good reliable guys we could possibly do a 12 man, 2 per division league to get things started. I only bring up the 2 per division theme for the purpose of having us spread out throughout the league while not bombarding anyone with user games every advance. Also, after further thought, if we get the right bunch, a 28 game season can be accomplished. Either way is fine with me though.

And I think with the right group this league can (and will) survive. We will have to mirror it off of the NCAA leagues template (organized scheduling, game summaries, content) and we should be fine.

Finally, don't believe any of the forum rumors yet. 2k community guys have a weird way of replying to questions and the 'question asker' forum posts are normally filled with more assumption than fact. The online insight should be out either today or early next week. The safe bet is to look for it early next week.

• Like Like x 1
  21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Some names for the league (most are old video games or defunct leagues). I'm just bored at work, so ignore this until the time comes.:

• Shut Up And Jam
    • Give 'N Go
    • Double Dribble
    • Slam City
    • In The Zone (or we could call it 'The Zone')
    • Sim Basketball Association (SBA)... SBA Showtime
    • National Basketball Alliance (NBA) ... NBA Showtime: NBA on TSO

• Like Like x 1
  22. controllerabuser

That sounds good to me. Real good!

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

How many do you think you have thats willing to ball? I think 12 will be the best number for right now until we set a solid foundation. Up to you though.

24. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

The Zone is pretty tight

• Like Like x 1
  25. controllerabuser

Something small to get our feet wet. Get at me this weekend