NBA 2k12 Patch 1.03

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by JerzeyReign, Nov 4, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 has been released for the PS3. (The XBOX360 patch is coming soon).

Here are the official patch notes:

GAMEPLAY
    • On-dribbler steal success rates have been tuned down.
    • Tuned accuracy of directional passing in order to more reliably pass to the intended target.
    • Improved help defense, specifically for rotations on pick-and-roll situations.
    • Defensive tuning on 3PT shots to reduce the success of contested threes.
    • Addressed an issue on drives to the basket where the help defender wouldn’t fully engage in the double team

• Several matchmaking optimizations have been made in order to help users get into games quicker. This will reduce the amount of time the “Searching For Opponent…” screen is displayed for.
    • Addressed a number of network errors that would cause games to end prematurely.
    • Addressed an issue in Team-Up where certain conditions would lead to a player standing idle for prolonged periods of time.
    • Corrected a Win/Loss streak tracking issue such that the “Back to Back to Back” achievement/trophy will now unlock at the proper time.
    http://2kgam.es/NBA2K12P103[/quot

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And Ronnie said on Twitter that this isn't the 'big' patch everyone was expecting. This is just a quick update to help with the frustration a bit until the big one drops.

From personal experience, look for that to drop at the end of November.

Feels good when a developer cares about their frustrated fanbase a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I'll be more excited when the "big one" comes out.

and no... it doesn't feel good when they sell you a game full of broken promises then try and assure everyone its going to be okay... :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I guess NCAA has lowered everyone's expectations.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm having a blast playing the game now. The patches should just make it even better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

The game itself is great but the online association is so broken its not even funny.. and the game site doesn't even work yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bondzai

How is it so broken? We aren't having any issues.

8. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

The biggest issue that we have is the ability to advance the OA. We finished all of our user games over a week ago and are still waiting for the game to simulate through the season. At this moment we are in February in the game.

Our only solution is to restart at a "fast" advance rate.

9. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    No commissioner tools, unable to sim cpu vs cpu games, once you leave you can't re-join IE unable to switch teams. Starting OA games up then they instantly sim. ETC ETC ETC

10. Bondzai

Sounds like you guys play too much. Slow down son. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'll admit I wish you could edit sliders and adjust the difficulty as you go, but if they removed that option because this is their first go round with something on this scale, I can live with that. What other tools do you want to have but don't?

Why would you need to sim the CPU games? I personally like the rolling advance schedule, since once you get going you know when the advances will happen, period. No questions, no arguing about who you need to wait on. Guys get their stuff in or they get simmed.

I think you can change rejoin if the commish boots you, rather than quitting from the OA. I would guess that they put in the 'if you quit you can't rejoin' to prevent cheesers from giving a CPU team players in lopsided trades and then switching teams. For example, say a user plays as the Hornets, and agrees to trade Chris Paul to CPU Orlando for Arenas. After the trade is processed, the user then quits and picks up the Magic. Just a guess, but I'm thinking that's where 2k was going with that. If someone picks a team using some thought up front, then this isn't really even an issue to me.

I'll admit, we haven't really had that issue. One guy in our league has had some disconnects, but I believe it's due to his poor internet connection and the fact he plays on a wireless connection. That said, I'll take the disconnects in this over the rampant transfer failed issues that continue to plague NCAA to this day.

I'm with Bondzai007, I'm loving the game and this new game mode.

12. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I would like to have the ability to use custom rosters and custom draft classes.

Overall, I definitely agree that this is a great game. If they make a few of the changes that we mentioned above, it would be even better.

13. Bondzai

I would love to be able to import draft classes.

I'd say overall 2K did a great job at their first run at an online association mode.

14. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I love the game too, you don't have to defend it. It is deconstructive to ignore its flaws though....

Commissioner tools such as moving teams for guys, changing advance rates, sending invites to league, resolving simmed games as well as difficulty and sliders would be nice...so yeah those are some of the thing I would have liked to see.

Also, why WOULDN'T you want to be able to sim CPU games? We are stuck in our league because all user games were finished and cpu games were still a month away. It is ridiculous to have to wait for something that can be simmed in 2 minutes.

Also, the instant simming had nothing to do with connection, it was a glitch because their servers were being overloaded.

Like I said, I love the game and enjoy playing it but to defend everything and say it is all good is just plain looking the other way.

Expect excellence, don't wish for it!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dru50

I'm not ignoring any of the issues, I guess I'm just saying that they aren't ruining the experience for me.

Would I like to see the things you posted be possible - yes, who wouldn't? Would I rather play without them in a game mode that thus far seems to be missing some of the major issues that have plagued NCAA (transfer failed, dynasties disappearing, patches breaking more than they fix, etc) so that they can possibly add them in next game cycle - you betcha.

Not trying to start an argument though, your points above are entirely valid.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bondzai

How do you guys get so far ahead? We have games simmed because we don't get to them quickly enough.

17. Dru50

Maybe they played a shorter season than 58 games?

18. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Yes, we instead did a 14-game season with 12 minute quarters.

19. Dru50

We are using the 58 game option and from skimming through the schedule there won't really be a gap for us at the end of the year. What's likely causing your scheduling issue is due to how 2k appears to do the shortened schedule - the 82 game schedule follows the normal NBA calendar, while if you play 58 games you play each team twice, if you play 29 games you play each team once, and so on - however, the calendar isn't altered. The season still runs through March/April, there are just more 'days' with no games. I think if you play a 14 game season, you will have to accept you will always have gaps in the schedule where some (or all) of you have to sit and wait.

I was concerned about the 58 game schedule, but it's chugging along nicely and once everyone got used to it the commitment time required seems about right.

20. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I think the pace we have in the base line is pretty close to perfect. Besides if you have a 58 game schedule and you get 8-10 games simmer if you miss them is that really a big deal?

21. Dru50

I agree, if some games get simmed along the way it's not a big deal when there are 58 games to play.

22. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

especially if you're eastern conference, and playing .500 ball will get you a top 6 seed.

23. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I just think people expect too fucking much and should calm down a little.

• Like Like x 1
  24. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Especially for a title's first attempt at something like this. Hell no 2K game has ever had an online franchise type game mode. Leagues don't count.

25. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    So we should just turn a blind eye to the issues? I am sure developers would rather know what they can improve on over "THIS WAS GOOD FOR YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT."