NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mustang20241, Jun 3, 2010.

1. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

NBA Finals

I've got my money on the Lakers.

I hate the Celtics because they are dirty, yet this year they have cleaned up their act. Lakers are also dirty. But the Celtics flop like theirs no tomorrow and start shit for no reason.

Lakers in 6.

I hate the Lakers too. Kobe going to dominate. Artest/Pierce should be fun to watch. Fisher will be just as clutch as kobe, fisher is overlooked by all. Gasol/Garnett should be fun to watch also, I think Gasol gets the better of Garnett this time around.

Hopefully we see a huge fight, they all get knocked out and each team is suspended from the league for a year and no one wins the finals.

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

hahahahaha

:dance nana:

go hornets

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Heat!

LBJ + Wade + Bosh = dynasty

4. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

in all the finals i have watched through the yrs, nothing beats Celtics-Lakers, 80's were classic's, and a good one in 08, even though the green machine won that won. been a Laker's fan since the Magic, Kareem days.

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I have been a Lakers fan since the mid 70's to date myself a little.

Rams, Lakers, Dodgers, Bruins... Of course I have added some college love for other university's over the years but the Rams and Lakers still hold a special place in my heart.

I hate the Celtics, I have never seen a team that complains after every single call against them and every non call that they think they should have gotten. Garnett is soooo tough now isnt he? How long until Pierce has to be hauled off in a wheelchair or a stretcher this series only to come back like a hero a qtr later?

I really think Ray Allen is class and love his game, Rondo is something special and will continue to get better.

There is just something about them after being a fan of the Lakers all these years that makes me mad and I watch the games in a state of anger....

Lakers in 6. (y)

6. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

Ten excuses Celtics fans will use if they lose to the Lakers

1. Kobe got all the calls. And his fingers weren't hurt enough. Or his toes. I don't know. Kobe sucks.

2. Rondo was banged up, and everyone knows you can't win a championship with three future Hall of Famers if your fourth-year point guard has muscle spasms.

3. The Lakers stole Gasol! Rip-off trades should only happen when a beloved former power forward becomes the GM of another team.

4. Simmons jinxed us.

5. The tech/ejection/suspension on Rasheed/ KG/Perkins is because the refs are out to get them, not because they're crazy and/or jerks who have complained about every call ever. (Not gonna lie -- Artest doesn't do well in this category either. But at least we only got one crazy).

6. If we aren't going to get a 38-to-10 free throw advantage like we did in Game 2 of 2008, how does anyone ever expect us to win?

7. Wait, they're still playing? I jumped off the bandwagon last year. OK, I'm back! I never bailed! Celtics forever! What? They lost? Why does this always happen to me?

8. Fisher is a dirty player. That's KG's move!

9. Gasol flops too much. That's KG's move!

10. Pierce got confused on which injury to fake.

7. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I'm tellin ya I'm glad no one's a celts or pats fan here.

Boston flops all over the place and complains so bad. I like when KG tried to pull the chair out from Gasol, and Gasol took about 5 steps lol.

Gasol owned KG game 1. I expect it game 2 as well. Lets hope throughout the series. Keep this thread alive, I love the opinions outside of football.

Now whats going to be fun is watching games 3-4-5. Dirty Boston fans. Ray Allen is the guy i really have respect for but really no one after that. I like little nate because hes good and shows intensity. Rondo showed his true form in last years playoffs where toughness was seperated with dirty play. Although hes damn good and hustles his ass off. KG has anger issues and is quite dirty, Pierce is a just a bitch.

8. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Lakers fans coming out of the woodwork, lemme guess, ur all Saints fans, and Blackhawks or Flyers fans too.....lol

Lakers are too physical, Celtics are too old, Gasol is the difference, KG has lost 2 steps

9. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Lakers in 5 Games

10. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Both teams are soft......... Gasol is the softest big man in the game, he has major skillz and it one of the best PFs in the game BUT he is stick and bones and anyone who can big boy him around will get into his head...

Ive got some money down on lakers in 7 so i guess im rooting for them but both make me sick.

LBJ and Bosh both going to Clippers... Everyone says Lebron wants to go to a big city but everyone forgets that nets arnt moving to the bronx for another 2-3 years and i dont think they have even started building the new court...

11. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Really Ox? I enjoy how Miami is overlooked as a destination for both. The best chance they have at winning is joining wade. Atleast one of them. IMO Bosh is more likely to come over LBJ because LBJ wants to be his own man. Thats going to cost him because he will never win it all unless he joins forces. A dynasty in this day in age is hard to start, the lakers are pretty much the only ones. I put that on Phil Jackson, Kobe, and the trade rip-offs they pull off.

Chicago isn't getting anyone. Wade dropped a duece on his hometown as a unloyal franchise and you know hes telling his boys at the 'summit' not to go there.

Its New Jersey, New York, and Miami IMO for these big boys. The thing is New York sucks, New Jersey sucks too. Miami should be the ultimate destination as we clean house and restart with a top 3 player in this league. Who already has a ring.

The only reason I believe these guys arent going to Miami is because Wade is the man there. They won't neccessarily have to be 2nd tier but they might look at it that way. Either way we are getting atleast one of, LBJ, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson, Rudy Gady... and keeping wade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebroninfluence060510

12. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Im a Celtics fan buddy and might I add that was a fine game last night. As far as whining and flopping I must say the Lakers take my vote in both categories. I love how Phil Jackson blames the Lakers losing on bad calls and not getting out hustled.(y)

13. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Oh I just am rooting for the lakers becaues they are the lesser of the two evils.

They all flop, its what championship caliber basketball is about. Lakers went to the line twice as much. Kobe failed. Simple as that.

Its not all on Kobe but he can't play that bad. No one scored late. Celtics played well and like I mentioned, I hope Ray Allen leaves because hes playing better than ever on the big stage. Allen and Rondo beat Kobe and Gasol. Celtics may win the series now, 3 straight at home. We will see... I say only way celtics can win the whole thing is if KG wakes up.

14. wajomatik

If Pierce and Garnett actually start to contribute some points LA will not be able to stop them. I don't think the Celtics will take all 3 home games, I say they win it in 6 in LA. Then we all drink. :beernana:

15. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Ok points go to Wajo right now, celts up 3-2.

I'm calling an LA comeback. Gasol puts up his points. Kobe puts up his. Close game again but LA wins game 6.

16. wajomatik

Like I said after tonight we all drink Stang. I can't wait to see Kobe and Phil holding each other as they cry after they lose tonight. (y)

17. wajomatik

I eat my words. That was a beat down

18. Big D

Big D Walk On

I think this thread shows how little interest there is in the NBA right now. 2 guys posting. Haha.

F- the NBA until they bring back the Sonics. What they did to that franchise and its fans and the northwest in general is pitiful. How can an area of the country that consistenly has some of the best high school and college basketball not have an NBA team. That's just bad business. Good job Stern.....my boycott of the NBA continues until I die or Seattle gets a team back.

19. BRUCE80

Yea Dun, that was some BS as a Lakers fan I would make the trek to Seattle twice a year to watch them play the sonics.

The rest of the season I was a Sonic fan also...Clay Bennett is a dirty liar! (y)

Figures that team has turned into one of the most exciting teams in the league with its young and talented roster...

Seattle does all the suffering and Oklahoma gets all the best product.

20. BRUCE80

Lakers pounded the Celts tonight.

I expect game 7 to be a classic tilt.

21. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

yeah, I never seen more of a crybaby than Kobe, He whines when he doesn't get his way on every play, whining to the refs when anyone just touches him, at the end of game 5, do you remember when he and Pierce were fighting for the rebound at the very end of the game, When Pierce took the ball, Kobe threw his hands in the air as if a grenade blew up in his lap, it is rediculous. He's not the only one on the team that does it either, Gasol, the softest big man ive ever seen, does it, Fisher is surgical at it, and Artest is even buying into it.

The ones i really hate are times when they need quick points late, Keep an eye out for Gasol, ( This is no bull) He'll come right down the court, and if theres a player thats doing good for Boston, Gasol will go right up to him and run into him and flop as hard as he can without the Boston player knows what happened, just to get him fouls and/or over the foul limit or easy points, It happens more than you think keep an eye out for those, especially when they're at home. I think thats bullcrap

Lakers will get away with murder in game 7 at home, but ive seen Boston come back and win games with their backs against the wall in this postseason already, not a big fan of either team, just want to watch a great game 7, and enough of those facial expressions Kobe

22. BRUCE80

Its funny hearing a Celts fans perspective on flopping and crying.

I agree Fisher is very good at flailing. Gasol while also good at flailing doenst get that many calls.

But so is Paul Pierce. He was hauled off the floor in a wheelchair in 08 for crying out load. Only to come back a hero a qtr or so later.

Anytime anyone touches him his legs just quit working.

The Celts complain after every call against them and non call they thought they should have gotten (including greasy Rivers). They work the refs non stop all game long. To say they dont is just ignoring the obvious.

Even as big a cry baby Kobe is / can be the Celts have two guys one Tech away from suspension.

Wasnt Rivers the "we got out hustled coach" who sent a tape in of all the injustice after the Lakers won game 3 in Boston?

I wont say the Lakers dont complain because they do and it bothers me...Phil almost never moves in a game and you rarely see him bitching at refs during a game. He always has some dumb quote in between games trying to use his Zen to Jedi mind trick people..

Kobe screaming HEY!! everytime anyone gets near him is very annoying. Fisher flopped his way to 5 fouls in 9 minutes in game 6.

It happens both ways, the NBA has become a complainers league..everyone thinks they are getting jobbed and the losing team always blames the refs.

As I tell the AAU teams I coach, let me worry about the refs you guys need to score more points....

23. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

What is this NBA thing you guys speak of?

24. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Well the Lakers Have Done it and Won it in 7 games 4-3. Congrats on the Lakers for 2 in a row and Title 16.

25. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

sweet, now no more lame "I can't play until after the basketball game" (which is always late as shit) lines anymore