NBA free agency

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Dru50, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

NBA free agency

Anybody paying attention to the rumors the past few days? I still think Lebron and Wade stay put, but as a Bulls fan it is encouraging to hear that both seem to have Chicago on their short lists.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm a hardcore bball fan and I've been following it. DWade and Bosh will probably end up in Chicago. Lebron will be back in Clevland and they'll probably try to bring Boozer in.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have no clue what's gonna go on here.

I do have a feeling that Bron will stay in Cleveland.

I think Wade and Bosh go to Chicago though.

the others, who cares? lol.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Everybody else is basically staying put. Quick Recap:

Dirk is staying with the Mavs (like $80 million)
    Paul Pierce is staying in Boston (between $60-$80 million)
    Joe Johnson has a $120 million offer from Hawks (don't understand that)
    Amare Stoudamire is close to signing with the NY Knicks

David Lee, Boozer and other 'small' time FA are basically waiting until all the stars are signed so they could be sidekicks

5. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

I don't think DWade is going anywhere. I think Bosh is going to join him in Miami. Amare will go to New York. LeBron is the toughest one to predict, but I think it's between Cleveland and Chicago, with an edge to Cleveland. If he does go to Chicago, I expect Joe Johnson to join him.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

DWade had a 3 hour meeting with the Bulls' this weekend and Bosh was present during this meeting. Miami can bring two max contract FA but DWade wants rings. The heat only have two players under contract therefore even if they bring in another max FA they will be surrounded by "garbage" players. Beasley's contract is eating up alot of space. DWade and Bosh are good but you need some decent role players who won't fold in big spots **cough**Cavs**cough**

In Chicago (assuming they both sign) will be Derrick Rose, Jakim Noah, Bosh, and Wade. Deng (sp.) has a contract that probably will have to be moved but that would be a very interesting lineup to turn down. I think that is really mulling at DWade's heart right now. Plus I hear he's a Chicago kid so he probably always wanted to be a Bull.

Joe Johnson is not turning down $120 million. He won't get close to a contract like that ever in life. $120 million? Man I'd say fuck a ring I have kids to feed, lol.

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

The talk is that if Lebron and D-Wade both go to Chicago they obviously can't afford to get Bosh as well. The plan would be to try and get Boozer or David Lee at that point which would give you this starting 5...

Rose
    Wade
    James
    Boozer or Lee
    Noah

That is your favorite for a title right there.

8. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I'm hoping the Knicks can lure Lebron to New York but it looks more likely thay they will end up with Stoudamire and rumors are flying about a trade for Tony Parker

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That would be an amazing squad and I'd probably be a Chicago fan again (I think everybody who grew up in the 90s was a Bulls fan, lol). Matching them up with other teams in my head and I can't find anyone who could match up with them for a full 48 mins. They all play defense (assuming they go with Lee over Boozer) and all of them but Noah can "go get theirs". Probably won't happen but if it did I see 'em making a run at 72-10.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

11. Dru50

Lee plays defense? We talking about the same David Lee?

If Lebron and/or Wade sign in Chicago the bandwagon will be officially closed, those of us who stuck through the Ron Mercer years are the real fans lol.

Also, stories are circulating that part of Wade's thinking is that he is going through a messy divorce/custody fight and his ex and kids live in Chicago. He might be looking at a chance to win and be close to his kids.

I still think Lebron and Wade stay put, but I've got my fingers crossed.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah, kind of. He bangs around down there and does a great job at clearing the defensive glass. He's not a D.Howard but he's not exactly a pushover either, he holds his own.

13. Dru50

Fans here in NY/NJ (Knicks fans) do nothing but complain about how Lee plays no defense and how his stats are inflated in D'Antoni's system. I think if coached to play defense he could be a decent defender though.

I do like his offensive game and would prefer him to Boozer. I think he and Noah would make a nice frontcourt combo.

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

But that's D'Antoni's fault. I honestly think he wants his teams to play like that. Same thing that was killin' the Suns when they were clearly one of the best teams in the West a couple years ago. I think he wants teams to hurry up and shoot so he can push the ball.

I don't understand his philosophy and all his success in those Phoenix days were result of Steve Nash.

I believe David Lee's numbers are slightly inflated too. He was a 20-11 guy last year, I think on a more half court oriented team he would be a 15-8 guy. But like you said if he finds a coach that will teach him some defense he probably would be a lot better.

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG] LeBron just signed with Calipari and UK.......

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I checked ESPN just to make sure you were lyin:)

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

With Toronto not willing to sign and Trade Bosh the big 3 of free agency wil not be able to play together.

This is interesting I have tried to type 5 times where I think these guys will end up and I can't do it. Lee is a former Gator so I'm pulling for him to land somewhere decent.

The Lakers signing Steve Blake is a sneaky nice pick up. Nice point guard now do they go with Farmar or Fish, waiting to see how Kupchak handles this one.

18. Bondzai

You can add just about anything onto the end of that sentence and it would be true.

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think its a good move only if Farmar or Fish decide to leave. If not, I don't understand it too much. Only knock I have on Blake is that he can't play defense. I think he's had his ankles broken by almost every guard in the league:HoosierHoo:

20. Bondzai

They are both free agents and it is known that one (or both) of them will be gone.

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think Farmar wants to start and D.Fish's decision probably dictates his next move. If Fish stays in LA I think Farmar will leave. I honestly doubt he wants to play second fiddle anymore. He already has 3 rings (?) its time to go get paid.

Fisher loves LA. I remember that sad song he played while he was in Utah to get back to LA. It was a true story but he was talkin' that retirement ish before LA came callin', magically around the same time they needed a PG.

So if Fish doesn't retire this summer (doesn't look like it) Farmar is probably going to bolt. I hate the Lakers but I respect Jordan "I Hear Everything Wit These Damn Things" Farmar's game.

22. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Sentimentally keep fish, business keep Farmar.

23. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Fish won't play anywhere else, Its LA or retirement

24. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Well his people are saying he consider Cleveland and another team can't remember who and the Lakers are taking a hard stand in negotiations, according to Ford or Bucher

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think its just a gimmick to make LA pay him more dough.