NBA Live 14

Discussion in 'Tradition Basketball' started by Fiddy14, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

how many of you TSO members are picking this up on launch for either system?

i know for a fact im getting this one over 2K14 (this year). just to give EA one last chance basketball wise. i loved NBA Live 10! i loved the change of pace compared to 2K, i loved the atmosphere during the game etc.

if its as good as Live 10 was for me, ill be a happy camper. although we shall see..

so how many guys here picking this up for sure?

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Stop bro!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i take it you are not picking it up?

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Considering the game has sucked for the past 15 years, you are correct, I will not be giving EA another chance at this point.

5. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

alright..

the game was on the right track with Live 10, then they added an NHL guy to their Dev Team and he killed the game. bah! LOL

6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

EA Canada was on the verge of bringing Live back. The switch to Tiburon KILLED the franchise. Seeing as they've dedicated this game strictly to the next gen systems i'm extremely curious to see how it turns out.

I'd also be lying if i said having a Cavalier on the cover didn't draw me to the game. Uncle Drew!

• Like Like x 2
  7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Amazing how marketable Kyrie is in Cleveland

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I'm worried he's almost too marketable. We could very well see Decision 2.0 Uncle Drew edition in about 5 years (don't see Cleveland not bringing him back when he's RFA in summer of '15).

9. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

2k was always the better game, unless EA made some huge changes I'll stick with 2k14

10. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

yeah, that switch and adding Littmen to the team.. killed the game!

Live 10 was fun, they were on the right track again. then boom, Bynum Jesus! LOL

11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

12. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Live has not been good since 98'/99' IMO.. 2K has killed that game since the day it hit the market, back on dreamcast.

13. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Who would buy this crappy game over 2k???

14. Kolby

Kolby Walk On

I think I am going to give EA another chance. 2k is great don't get me wrong. I disagree that this game has sucked for the past 15 years. I think it was really good up until 09. I'm actually pretty excited for the return of live!

15. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

Live 10 was a pretty good game. im a 2k fan, love their NBA game, but Live was an awesome change of pace. NBA 2K had become stale to me, like MLB The Show when i had a ps3, i want to take a nap when playing those games. LOL.

16. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

2K on ps3, live on ps4...wonders if ea ticket will work for next gen

• Like Like x 1
  17. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

Just realized the Live is only for next gen, another reason I have to get 2k instead.

18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Same here. I honestly couldn't even tell you when i will be purchasing a next gen system. I will be following NBA Live very closely though.

19. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

I have EA ticket so thought I would get to try NBA live for a few days before it releases which is why it bums me out that they skipped current gen.

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Ultimately i think EA made a good decision in sticking to one generation with them DESPERATELY needing Live to be good or else their stake in basketball is officially toast. It reminds me a lot of what PES is doing with PES 14. Going current gen ONLY for this title to deliver us a damn good final product and possibly plant a seed for when it takes FIFA head on in the '15 cycle on next gen systems.

21. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

I don't know man, 2k will be out 6 weeks ahead of live since the PS4 doesn't come out until Nov. 15th. Most NBA fans that are itching for the game season to start will pick up that in the meantime, and unless NBA live blows people away when it comes out I don't see many people getting a 2nd NBA game. And if the trade up deal works for 2k it will hurt Live even more.

22. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

that 5 on 5 video... siiiiiiiiiiiiigh!

i still want to see it in action, bc i didnt like the looks of live 10 until i actually played it. it obviously wasnt on 2k level, but it was fun and a nice change of pace for me.

with that said, 2k sucked me in with the Phil Collins trailer.. well done!

23. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

After seeing gameplay and graphics of 2k14 on the PS4, and the fact that EA has yet to release any REAL gameplay...I am stepping away from the Kool-Aid and going with what I know is the real deal, 2K14 on deck tonight, no mofo work tomorrow!

• Like Like x 4
  24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Bummed about some features left out but overall it looks solid and sounds solid from what I've seen. I really , really hope the CPU front office AI got a make over , otherwise the my player and my GM modes won't have much stating power for me personally.

• Like Like x 1
  25. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I really like how they've made virtually a brand new game for the PS4/Xbox One. 2K rarely disappointed with the full on build of the game (sure onilne was sketchy) in the 360/PS3 era. Hope it continues on into this new era.

• Like Like x 1