NBA Live Advisory Council

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by JerzeyReign, Mar 28, 2012.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Here are the guys who will represent the community when it comes to NBA Live '13. Once I find out what forum they are from I'll edit it next to their names.

• - Shawn Drotar (sdrotar/OS) I'm happy with getting one guy from the forums.
    • - Mario Drake (Also from OS, not sure what site he's on now)
    • - Scott O'Gallagher (Staff or possibly owner of OGSports)
    • - Corey Andress
    • - Jordan Simmons
    • - Harold Biscocho
    • - Steve Bascombe
    • - Dougie Veney

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

All three EA Gamechangers as well too.

Great group they put together, I saw it earlier this morning. I'm glad knowing that NBA Live will be making a return with these ppl in the background.

3. Iron Mickey

I do not believe Shawn represents OS. I think he use to be an editor, but not anymore.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That's correct.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

He's from OS. And just to put this out there since it seems you always say something when I mention OS and GCs, OS doesn't need GCs as management has a tight relationship with EA. What we say on OS gets in the game -- pretty sure we have a bigger influence on games than some may think. We also have dev interaction as well as other GCs come and interact with us. Guys get picked right off the OS staff to go work on games.

I'm only saying this because this is like the 3rd time you've interjected when I mentioned OS and GC -- its not that serious. This "rivalry" most think TSO has with OS is a myth and the "F*ck OS" (not directed towards you) battle cries that go on here show a lack of respect for one of the "forefathers" of sports gaming forums. That attitude, among a couple other things, keep the OS vets from coming over here to game. And I know your comment isn't full of hatred but the little things build up, it seems someone always tried to knock OS around here, which is funny since RynoAid and Steve (from the outside looking in) have a good relationship.

Just gettin' this off my chest.

6. Iron Mickey

Ray you are off in so many directions I'm not going to waste too much of my time this morning

I was just stating a fact in my quote to you in a polite manner.....and that fact is Shawn does not "represent" nor work for OS.

You can think about what you want with your stupid OS/GC theory, I could give a shit. OS is an elite gaming news hub in my opinion, not a place to find a surplus of quality leagues that are all structured by management like here at TSO. We are essentially two different types of sites.

And I cannot speak for other management here but I could give a rats ass about any OS Vets coming over here either, or the "couple of things" that you supposedly speak of that are keeping them from doing so. That's not what we are trying to accomplish, we are trying to reach out to this mass audience across the world that hasn't even logged into PSN or XBL account, that just plays exhibition games & gets bored after a few weeks... doesn't even realize the online/community aspect of online gaming that they are missing. OS beats to their own drum just like we do here at TSO and I know that from a management view we appreciate there core values as a site and at least from our prospective have a good mutual and friendly relationship. I think they are GREAT at what they do!

And to now go slightly off topic...I will admit I like to poke at you randomly, mainly because you are sometimes so bipolar with your comments it is at times hilarious. The way you use this great site to host your leagues (btw, I think you do a great job), use it's more than generous resources but go to another site and bash certain things about the community here and place certain stigmas.

But I was definitely not trying to pick a fight/argument by quoting you, I thought I was politely correcting you. And like usual you go off into some crazed TSO/GC/OS/The Brady Bunch/LoveHate triangle tangent.

But whatever

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Alright: Shawn Drotar USED to be a Operation Sport staff member. As of now, he is not even an active member of OS. He's posted ONCE in the last year. That is pretty easy to see by finding "sdrotar" on the OS forums. Secondly, the two guys who work for EA that WERE contributors on OS developed relationships that enabled them to translate that to gainful employment. You can credit OS with facilitating that initial contact, sure.

Now, you are correct about one thing: Some of the stuff suggested on OS gets into the game. Guess what? That's because they are mimiced across the internet. If you look at the OS wishlist, it is the same list that's on The Gaming Tailgate, that's on TSO, that's on MaddenMatrix, etc. I'd also love to see this "developer interaction" that is going on over on Operation Sports, because I'll bet you a $1,000 I have more EMAILS in my inbox from developers/designers at EA than there are posts on OS this week. Not trying to stir the pot, but Jersey, there are well over 50 Game Changers now...and I can't think of a single one who calls "OS" home. EA tried to have an active presence on OS...how did that work out? People on there bereate the team and generally treat them disrespectfully. Of course, that's my personal opinion. That said, I have had PERSONAL conversations with EA employees and the leaders of just about every other sports gaming community online thus I feel I am more qualified than you in my understanding of the relationship between OS, EA and multiple other web communities. OS's relationship with EA is the same as PastaPadres, they are media and as such they are given games and information in exchange for marketing opportunities. If you think that Steve is weighing in on the details of NCAA Football, you are deluding yourself.

All of that aside: There is no rivalry between OS and TSO, we have the same relationship with them they have with everyone else. The only time you will see me comment negatively about OS is in terms of the overall attitude that is so pervasive. As unbelievable as this may seem to you, many of us here started at OS or even communities that BECAME OS. I joined OS in November 2002 (7 years before you) and I considered it my main stop for sports gaming news. I have a healthy respect for the history of that website, because I was actually part of it. My opinion now is very different, because if we are being honest, OS isn't the same community it was five years ago. Blame that on EA, the world or whatever, but it is full to the gills with negativity. The truth, I love having guys come over here from OS, I've reached out to many of them I recognize. What I don't want is for this community to mimic the attitude of OS.

JerzeyReign, since we are on the topic of OS, how do you feel about this: http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/topic/78583-big-announcement-to-make/

?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this is the most off base post ever written on this site.. you really have no clue what your talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    ROFL

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

and btw, yes I like to think Steve and I have a good relationship and Tradition Sports started at MaddenMania when ChrisS was running things. We still are in touch and facebook and such. There is no animosity from the TSO management team towards OS.. actually the opposite. We are eternally grateful for there partnerships in sharing our content, promoting our site and allowing us to advertise leagues (to a certain extent) and special events. They were certainly a big part of our growth early on, and continue to work with us whenever we contact them.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Absolutely, because they know we will return the favor. That's how relationships work.:)

• Like Like x 1