NBA Live

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by Drifterbub, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Anyone have this game or thinking about picking it up?

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I can only speak on the reviews i've read and gameplay vids i've seen, and lets just say #ripNBALive seems to be trending again...

3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I haven't been a fan of Live since the original X-Box. I felt like it played like A 5 on 5 NBA Jam, everything ended in a dunk. The reviews for the new one were terrible, so I see know reason to play it now. I watched a live stream of it on PS4, and it looks awful. The graphics and animations are terrible.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    It looks bad compared to 2k. No doubt.

I have a copy, so I'll post some thoughts after I can spend some time with it. I haven't played 2k since 2k12 though, so my perception isn't going to be relative to 2k.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i have it. i really enjoy it for what it is to be honest. a great change of pace game. IMO, courts/presentation really draw me in for some reason. if they can get the graphics up to snuff next year and the animations cleaned up a bit they will be a bit better off.

again, its not that bad, but its bad LOL. but for whatever reason im enjoying the heck out of it. the challenges, live season, etc. ultimate team sucks! LOL :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

May have just been a fluke in the vids i've seen, but i could probably count on one hand (maybe one and a half tops) the rim animations. 9 times out of 10 you could tell if it was going in simply based on shot arc. A very similar problem to the last NCAA B-Ball game EA made. Did you notice that when playing?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

funny you brought that up, bc when playing the live season challenges i could tell when the shot was going to drop say 7 out of 10 times bc of the release/arc, etc.

something i noticed on Live 10 as well. which i still enjoyed years after!

other than those challenges though, i never paid attention during a game bc im not looking for that i guess? LOL

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Playing 2K for so long i enjoyed never really knowing if the shot was going in due to them putting in hundreds of different rim animations/arcs/ball physics/etc. I noticed it not being there almost instantly in NCAA and NBA Live/Elite right away and it really disappointed me. I guess its one of those things where you get spoiled and when you realize its not there, its depressing lol

• Like Like x 2