NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 18, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

NBA Playoffs

I don't know how many hoop fans we have on TF but I'd love to get some picks and convos going.

I'm going to edit this post with all the matchups and all the good stuff (including stats) at a later time. Right now watching pregame for Lakers/Thunder. Can't wait to see how Durant responds to Phil's mind game earlier in the week(y)

Edit: Can a mod move this to the Cheaps Seat forum, my bad

2. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Since the Hornets SUCKED!!! this year i'm going to go with my 2nd fav team Lakers. And no i'm not on the bandwagen cuz there winning. i've been a laker fan since 89 when i first started following sports.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I grew up a Sixer fan but when they traded AI, I became a basketball fan with no favorite team. I enjoy watching everybody but really enjoy King James because he always does something amazing game in and game out.

*Bynum just put Krystic on a poster, lol

*Bynum just posterized another. That kid will be great if he can stay healthy, wowwww. Durant is still a f'n ball hog and the reason they are down by 14. He needs to keep his team involved. Their starting to stand around because they know he's gunnin'

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm a Magic season ticket holder (well my Dad is) so I'm just counting the minutes until 5:30 to get here.

The Thunder need a starting center and then they are really going to cause some problems for a lot of teams.

5. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I'm a Knicks fan, so I 4got what basketball is.

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Blazer fan since the 2nd retirement of the great one. 2 nd team goes to who my favorite player at the time plays for currently it Howard and the magic. I really don't like king James, because all he does is over power his opponents and cry when he doesn't get his way.

7. Bondzai

Dwight Howard has 7 blocks in the first half and Jameer, JJ, and Pietrus are lighting up the 3 point line.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah it's almost 1am where I'm at and I'm bout to go to sleep. Once the Magic start hitting the 3s you can pretty much call this one. No way the Bobcats win this game, even though its early unless the Magic go ice cold (which I doubt).

*Now their going inside, yep its a wrap. Nelson with 21? LoL

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

No one is beatin the lakers if Bynum, Gasol, and Kobe stay healthy, Not even your god praised Lebron James. I wanna see Lebron win though, Cuz if he dont he will be gone from the city that he is everything too

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

No way the lakers beat the cavs they are a complete team they havent been in the past at all and they finally have a presence on the inside to stop other big men from being so aggressive and overpowering. Bynums a good player but with the injuries i dont see him being much of a force he'll disappear when it matters

11. Hova

Just like last year when you said the Cavs were going to sweep everyone. Everybody was on the Cavs nuts cuz they had such a great record. Same thing will pry happen again, I wouldn't shoot my lips off 2 years in a row

12. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

they also didnt have a center that couldnt really be overpowered and that could draw fouls, but this year they do and the post game is actually affective outside of james

13. Hova

Shaq means nothing to there success. It will all be on lebrons shoulders. If they win or lose it will be because of him. Shaq will be tired by the 2nd QTR of every game

14. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

shaq will pay off in the big situations where they need a big man to get it done or draw some attention from lebron. He consistantly puts his defender in foul trouble cant beat that lol

15. Hova

Big ben embarrassed Shaq in the finals 5 years ago. Last time I checked shaq hasnt gotten better and big ben was never as good as Dwight Howard. You do the math

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

When will you realize that in the NBA the players dont matter. Its the referee's who win or lose games.

I suggest watching the Stanley Cup playoffs instead.

17. Hova

Ya the NBA is terrible. I hope the lakers and Cavs lose. The league might as well be Kobe vs Lebron. That's all they push

18. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

last i checked big ben didnt shut down shaq who still averaged 20 that series and good rebounds, in that case kobe was shut down by hamilton and prince durrrr

19. Hova

He was dominated the whole series. That was the story of the series

20. Bondzai

If the Cavs win it all it will be because Antawn Jamison was able to stretch the floor at the 4 position.

21. Hova

It will be hilarious if either team loses. The analysts will have nothing to talk about, ratings will drop

22. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I was happy to see the Bulls make the playoffs with all the injuries they had in the last 2 months of the season. No way they can beat the Cavs, but hopefully they can take one or two games and get some more experience for Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah. If they can find a 2 guard with shooting range this offseason, they could be a contender next year.

All things being equal, if the Magic can start nailing 3 pointers the way they did last year, I think they'll upset the Cavs in the east again.

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That statement is not true when talking about the King. If you look at that series vs. Orlando last year and think Lebron lost that then you may wanna go watch some tape. He did everything he could except defend D.Howard.

24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I'm with jerz. I was a big Philly fan then they released AI and just been a bball fan since. I didn't pay much attention to the league this year because I didn't play fantasy bball.

Huge LBJ fan now wasn't at first but the guy is a freak

just for Bond the magic will choke this year like you do at NCAA

25. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I love the NBA Playoffs. All I can say is the Bulls have 0 opportunity to win more than 1 game in that series, they are severely outmatched.

I'm glad Miami and Boston are getting chippy. That is going to be a long hard series and Cleveland will get the survivor. My guess is Miami and that would have been a decent series except I think Miami is going to be worn out after the Boston series.

The Orlando v. Cleveland series is going to be epic. That is just such a good matchup. Can't wait. I don't think any other team in the east is going to be able to mount a serious challenge to either ORL or CLE. Just my opinion.