NBA2K11 - Sliders

Discussion in 'Tradition Basketball' started by Dru50, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    I'm curious if anyone has messed with the sliders in 2K11 vs the CPU (such as in Association mode). I've made some very minor modifications, mainly to the tendencies of my players to get them to play on defense more aggressively, but I wanted to see if anyone has any slider sets that are a step up from the default settings.

Also, has anyone else experienced that the CPU in Association mode keeps games really tight and competitive in the first half, but tends to slack off in the 3rd quarter? I have had about 6 straight games where I'll go into halftime with 5-6 point game one way or the other, only to have the CPU go in the tank in the 3rd quarter en route to a 20 point blowout.
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Moved this thread to the 2K11 forums.

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Jun 5, 2009
    Interesting you bring this up. I just finished beating Boston in 5 games in the 1st round :D and in the three wins the games were within 4-5 pts either way, and I would go on a run in the 3rd qtr. They would come back a little in the 4th quarter, but Boobie Gibson and Mo Williams would have none of that... :) My first game of the semi finals was the same way.

But in the two games Boston won they got hot early and just kept a 7-10 pt lead the entire game and I just couldn't catch up. I would get it to 3 or 4 points after going on a mini run, and they would just come right back and drop the anvil on me.

As far as the sliders go, I haven't messed with them except that semi final game 1 and all I did was change it from default to sim. I play on pro still btw. So I didn't necessarily change the sliders, but the change from default to sim seemed to call alot more fouls, and I was rewarded nicely for taking it to the rack. I had Indiana's entire front line in foul trouble by the beginning of the 4th quarter. I really liked that aspect of sim over default. I think that's more realistic in today's game. I had my center foul out in the 4th qtr as well and Varajeo was in foul trouble by the end of the game. There was some other subtle differences, but nothing I could really put a finger on. I only played one game...but I think I'm going to keep in on sim to see what happens in a whole series.

Now I have a question for anyone:

Is there a way to get all time greats into your association mode? I was thinking it might be cool to do a 2nd association with all time greats and the current players in a fantasy draft style thing.....

anyone tried anything like that?